Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

On 5/28/2022 at 9:00 PM, Maple said:

That's okay because we also get the sets at much higher prices! :pir_laugh2:

I did get a brand new 60351, the Launch Center set for $90 on eBay.

There is often great deal on eBay but only for small sets. Large set has high shipping rates

Edited by ks6349

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Tomorrow is June 1 - I can’t wait for farm animals!!

OMG!!!! I dun totally forgot about the 1st being tomorrow. Gots to go pick up my vegetable truck. 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

OMG!!!! I dun totally forgot about the 1st being tomorrow. Gots to go pick up my vegetable truck. 

YEAH!!!

I will try to buy farm aniamls sepeately from the lame barn set. I cannot deny the greatness of the farm animals!

Veggie truck sounds GREAT - corns on cobs, gray rabbit, and some cool parts!

I was hoping for a limited farm set that would be revealed today, but that wish backfired and at least for now all the farm sets are limited to one retailer in Norway :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I was hoping for a limited farm set that would be revealed today, but that wish backfired and at least for now all the farm sets are limited to one retailer in Norway :facepalm:

Yeah me too.

here the farm sets only seem to be available in Smyths toy stores out of the big retailers. At least for day one! So might be a similar situation, lego stores and one preferred retailer 

Same here, so far a whole bunch of City sets are exclusive, like the picnic park, horse transport for winter 2022, and then Farm sets, Station, Freight Train, Space Ride truck for June.

Edited by TeriXeri

Is it just me, or is the small car build in 60347, Grocery Store, a poor attempt.  The roof looks half finished, and the fact that its 4 wide, on the go kart style wheels, just doesn’t sit well with the rest of the City range.  It’s almost as if its not supposed to form part of the same range.  It’s roughly the same size as the fork lift, which only adds to its smallness.

Edited by jus1973
Spelling error

25 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

Is it just me, or is the small car build in 60347, Grocery Store, a poor attempt.  The roof looks half finished, and the fact that its 4 wide, on the go kart style wheels, just doesn’t sit well with the rest of the City range.  It’s almost as if its not supposed to form part of the same range.  It’s roughly the same size as the fork lift, which only adds to its smallness.

I think it's nice, obviously more Town instead of City but with some newer bracket pieces, it's as small as it can be at 7 stud long and still have doors windows and a roof , lights and bumpers (with number plate)

The car uses only about 35 pieces, while 6 wide cars tend to take up more parts budget.

Wheels could've been the regular small wheels with texture, but it's sometimes easier just to make more of the same wheels (forklift has them too), as it's cheaper for the set budget.

It's better then some of the recent polybag/magazine cars which often don't have doors , fenders, or a roof at all.

More variation in City is good, this year certainly has more varied vehicles and figure designs, even the criminals with green and blue hair, and the car in 60319: Fire Rescue & Police Chase wasn't the usual red/darkred race car but a well-thought out muscle car, with Tan interior.

Europe has more smaller Electric Cars, for example Fiat 500 Electric isn't big at all.

500bev-RED-cabrio-solid-red-paint-car-desktop-680x430.png

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Same here.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Here in the US, the new farm sets haven't even hit department stores yet. But you can find them at the Lego stores. 

So….not sure if someone already talked about it but @williejm said there are City advent calendar pic leaked. It has dark orange chicken, dark gray kitten and….a foal in white color. 

City Advent Calendar will probably cost at least €25 (like friends), or even €30 this year instead of €20, after seeing the list of upcoming price increases in September. (Star Wars/Marvel/Harry Potter Calendars were already €30)

Moon Rover +€5 to €35

Mobile Police Command : +€5 to €45

Passenger Train +€10 to €160

Mobile Crane +€5 to  €45

Police Station +€5 to €65

Stuntz Double Loop +€10 to €150 :pir-murder:

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Europe has more smaller Electric Cars, for example Fiat 500 Electric isn't big at all.

500bev-RED-cabrio-solid-red-paint-car-desktop-680x430.png

I get what you’re saying, but the gap in the roof is poor, and the radiator grill at the rear makes me think it was a late add on, and perhaps the parts would have been better used in the shop itself, and maybe adding a bicycle instead.

32 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

I get what you’re saying, but the gap in the roof is poor, and the radiator grill at the rear makes me think it was a late add on, and perhaps the parts would have been better used in the shop itself, and maybe adding a bicycle instead.

I agree parts could've been saved but it seems the intention was that LEGO wanted to add a  parking lot, which needed a small vehicle.

Thankfully this Grocery store isn't exclusive, as it's a bit overpriced as is, like the School was, in comparison with the other €60 2022 sets,  Police Station had better value but is now getting a price increase to €65...

That's just the way 2021/2022 City road plates sets go, road plates/vehicles/buildings all go together in somewhat bigger sets. (not my choice, as I prefer buildings seperate from vehicles, but for City I came to accept this is the way it is)

It's not even so much the road plates being the main cause of the set prices, it's the multiple vehicles per set that go on them like the 2021 Shopping Street set, which has 3 bicycles, yet had a sports car and a service vehicle alongside it. 

Edited by TeriXeri

I got another police station on ebay, this time the 2022 one. I have now gotten four or five police stations for half off and yet in my whole like I think I have only gotten one fire station for a similar discount. 

18 minutes ago, LCP said:

New Calendar Set!

Well yeah. But I’m more excited about that foal in white color!

Have we ever gotten a animal in a new colour in a City advent calendar before?! Normally we get at best a dog that is really common, now we get a amazing new foal and 2 other animals that are rare and new this year. Must be the best City calender ever :grin: I stooped buying them after HP got one, but now I must start again it seams :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Have we ever gotten a animal in a new colour in a City advent calendar before?! Normally we get at best a dog that is really common, now we get a amazing new foal and 2 other animals that are rare and new this year. Must be the best City calender ever :grin: I stooped buying them after HP got one, but now I must start again it seams :tongue:

Not that I can remember. Which might also mean it appears in another set to come …

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Not just City. Friends calendar has baby reindeer and another smaller animal. 

20 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I agree parts could've been saved but it seems the intention was that LEGO wanted to add a  parking lot, which needed a small vehicle.

Yeah, honestly I love when City uses the old 4x7 chassis for A-segment/minicompact cars! If anything, my biggest gripe with the car in the Grocery Store set isn't its appearance, but rather the fact that it's too small to really carry any significant amount of groceries — especially not a full cartload of groceries like one shopper is shown loading into the car in the pics on the back of the box!

In that regard, a mid-size car or minivan on a 4x12 chassis (like the one from 60291 Family House) would probably have been a better fit for that set, even if it ended up costing a bit more.

21 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

That's just the way 2021/2022 City road plates sets go, road plates/vehicles/buildings all go together in somewhat bigger sets. (not my choice, as I prefer buildings seperate from vehicles, but for City I came to accept this is the way it is)

It's not even so much the road plates being the main cause of the set prices, it's the multiple vehicles per set that go on them like the 2021 Shopping Street set, which has 3 bicycles, yet had a sports car and a service vehicle alongside it.

Yeah, and that sort of pairing of buildings and vehicles has been the norm for City sets since long before the new road system was introduced— I mean, look at sets like 4429, 60026, and 60132. I'm fully aware that this sort of thing was controversial even back then, but suffice to say it's not a new issue or one that can be attributed to the road plates themselves.

If anything, I'm really grateful to the new road system for pushing LEGO to even make so many sets with substantial buildings and scenery, since previously one of the frustrating weaknesses of the City theme was how few of those sorts of builds. it had to offer. I think this is maybe one of the first times in the theme's history that City fans could plausibly create a substantial Town/City layout with just one or two years' worth of sets.

53 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

I think this is maybe one of the first times in the theme's history that City fans could plausibly create a substantial Town/City layout with just one or two years' worth of sets.

True, I love the roads and I only have like 12 of the 16x16 road parts, it's already fairly substantial.

Technically you can even just buy the road expansion packs too and use Friends/Creator/Ninjago/Monkie Kid or whatever other building instead of even owning a City set. (or make your own building of course)

Multiple options with road plates that used to require certain special baseplates/parts :

• Driveway / Parking Space with the 8 wide roads
  • Toll Booth / Service Station by splitting the road
  • Raised Harbour / Station
  • Helipad / Roof / Space Landing Pad
  • Parking Lane / Pit Lane by adding a 3rd lane
  • Highways with 4 or more lanes

I do hope Road plate expansion pack will last, and even expanded with more of the 8 wide road parts in future (currently pedestrian crossing printed are included)

Xtra did offer easier access to traffic lights and trees to decorate the sides of roads, but Xtra retired now it seems, but sets with road plates do have the small plants or traffic/street lights instead.

Edited by TeriXeri