Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

The box picture angle on that passenger train makes it look weird but I think it'll turn out a lot better in video reviews.

Big drawing point for people is the fact it's brick built instead of a big 1-2 piece canopy as well, and the much longer passenger cars compared to 2018.

I'm not a train collector myself though.

Pictures are one thing, Videos and reviews do certainly add to that, but even then, I often discover new things after building a set, for example parts used internally.

When building some recent City sets, I noticed LEGO uses some pieces in unexpected places. 

Quite a number of  2022 city sets use mudguards inside builds without being used as mudguards, just hidden inside a build as a 2 plate thick piece.

4600176.jpg

Overall, there seems to be a lot of design taking in mind to connect plates strong enough, but also prevent too much stress on parts by not connecting all studs all the time, as many City vehicle bases also use tiles inbetween long plates.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 5/24/2022 at 12:20 PM, Poodabricks said:

Wut? We'll have to agree to disagree there. The outgoing model imo was the best passenger train ever made by City. 

On this we will have to agree to disagree. :laugh:

1 hour ago, fo4saken said:

Thanks for the link, have waiting for the reviews of the farm to show up. It was a really good review even if I did not understand much of what he was saying :tongue:
The piglets and lamb is tiny, but very cute, really looking forward to adding all the new animals to my collection :wub:

The 3 Mission sets, the 3 farm sets, the space ride, the single loop stunt set and the stunt set with the cake have all appeared on the web site of Australian retailer Big W and if you live in Melbourne, may be possible to actually acquire at some stores there (so far Melbourne is the only place showing stock)

At the very least it indicates that the sets in question will be stocked at Big W which is good in terms of being able to score at a decent price hopefully.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, fo4saken said:

MEAXXJY_o.jpg

And the farm is in da house :excited:

why you could get it this fast?

2 hours ago, ks6349 said:

why you could get it this fast?

Some retail sellers here in Poland starting to offer some stuff much earlier.

46 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

Not in the US though. US gets the good sets months later. 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:07 PM, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the link, have waiting for the reviews of the farm to show up. It was a really good review even if I did not understand much of what he was saying :tongue:
The piglets and lamb is tiny, but very cute, really looking forward to adding all the new animals to my collection :wub:

Same here. I can’t wait to add all farm aniamls to my animal kingdom. :) 

So far I got 3 garages (2019 Fire, 2022 Fire and 2022 Space Launch) , I might make a combined Fire/Police department that way as currently seperate sets starting to take up space, and building a bit taller seems more logical for a shelf.

3 Garages could be for Police/Fire/Ambulance combined with the 2018 Hospital (and possibly 2022 hospital later)

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, fo4saken said:

Nice, is Lego in Poland expensive or fair in price?

17 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Not in the US though. US gets the good sets months later. 

That's okay because we also get the sets at much higher prices! :pir_laugh2:

I did get a brand new 60351, the Launch Center set for $90 on eBay.

I love it when shops put sets out on the shelves before the release date :sweet: Just ignore the Ninjago set :innocent:

52105039988_f4b133bc6f_b.jpg

15 minutes ago, Killian said:

I love it when shops put sets out on the shelves before the release date :sweet: Just ignore the Ninjago set :innocent:

52105039988_f4b133bc6f_b.jpg

I want that bathtub! 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

I want that bathtub! 

It's so cute! I love the guy's alternate face holding his breath and his back tattoo 

52105741195_15b99bc90d_m.jpg

4 minutes ago, Killian said:

It's so cute! I love the guy's alternate face holding his breath and his back tattoo 

That back tattoo is amazing!

I've been doing a lot of sorting of city stuff, I used to try to keep things sorted by set strictly, now sorting by category just seems way more effective in the long run.

City / Creator / Advent Calendar etc had a lot of figures, small builds and figure accesoires etc, much easier to keep them together by category instead of per set, also easier to find parts in the long run.

Long term want to MOC most of my City / 3-in-1 builds into just custom stuff but to have a proper start, need to have things sorted first, especially the small stuff like magazines, people packs, advent calendars etc have a ton of tiny builds and figs, but regular sets often have small side things too.

Taking apart actual sets for parts is a next step.

Edited by TeriXeri

If you are in Australia, go check out your local Big W/K-Mart/Target since the new sets are starting to appear there. I can confirm sightings at various stores on the Gold Coast in QLD (as of yesterday) of the grocery store, farm, farm truck, hen house, all 3 missions sets and at least some of the stunts sets.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

If you are in Australia, go check out your local Big W/K-Mart/Target since the new sets are starting to appear there. I can confirm sightings at various stores on the Gold Coast in QLD (as of yesterday) of the grocery store, farm, farm truck, hen house, all 3 missions sets and at least some of the stunts sets.

thanks for the tip. unfortunately i need to buy something from lego.com to get the new forestmen gwp, so it may be the new city farm sets

On 5/28/2022 at 6:01 PM, Killian said:

How is the bathtub molded? Is it fixed to the motorbike or it's a separate part? I really like it overall, I mean it feels a bit stupid to have a tub-bike, but the rubber duck, the side printing on the tub, and the tattoo on the back are just so hilarious. It's been on my wanted list since I saw the first pics of it. 

On 5/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, Killian said:

wow, a back tattoo?! I must buy that bathtub set!!

2 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

How is the bathtub molded? Is it fixed to the motorbike or it's a separate part? I really like it overall, I mean it feels a bit stupid to have a tub-bike, but the rubber duck, the side printing on the tub, and the tattoo on the back are just so hilarious. It's been on my wanted list since I saw the first pics of it. 

It's a separate part that just fits over the usual motorbike frame. It's such a fun set

To me, that batthub bike would so fit the Nexo Knight Jestro Character.

Could imagine he became a stunting jester for the King after being a villain (there was a batthub in Jestro's Volcano Lair, and the flaming duck kinda fits with that too)

Edited by TeriXeri