Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

I really like the idea of Missions theme, it's goes back to the core of Lego but there's new modern twist in it. I hope in the future there will be buildings in that theme as well, I would love to get for example a city house Missions set.

1 minute ago, temes said:

I really like the idea of Missions theme, it's goes back to the core of Lego but there's new modern twist in it. I hope in the future there will be buildings in that theme as well, I would love to get for example a city house Missions set.

Agreed -they are lots of fun, and have lots of potential. I just hope the choice of the name ‘Missions’ doesn’t limit them too much 

I'm more concerned about the whole App thing surrounding those mission sets.

"No Instructions" text on the box doesn't sound very inviting.

But the potential is Huge for sure.

I'd love to see a Construction mission (wildlife has some of those elements already but a more focused set could work for sure) ,

Arctic or Farm missions could work as well and have animals, or some Coastguard/Sea animal rescue type of thing.

Fire Mission or Medic Mission seem obviously possible, but maybe might be more interesting with a more niche parts selection in a Forest Fire or Winter Sports Medical setting.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I'm more concerned about the whole App thing surrounding those mission sets.

"No Instructions" text on the box doesn't sound very inviting.

But the potential is Huge for sure.

Imagine a Construction Mission, a Fire Mission, a Medic Mission etc, just to name some basic city themes.

Aye, they are desperate to make an app thing work with a theme!

I really hope the whole app thing isn't part of a sneaky plan to eliminate paper instructions. That would be vile.

Edited by danth

So many great sets that I want (but probably wont be able to afford).

Train Station (that dark azure bus is neat)

Farm Sets x 3

Supermarket

Mission sets x 3 (so much fluro yellow in the police set and are those flippers in dark azure?)

*moved

Edited by TeriXeri
posted friends topic under city by accident

1 hour ago, danth said:

I really hope the whole app thing isn't part of a sneaky plan to eliminate paper instructions. That would vile.

Ikr! That would be dreadful. Imagine building big sets with an app. I'd get an aneurysm trying to get that thing done. Paper instructions are much easier. 

I can’t believe as far as city goes, this is our first super market set. I’ll be getting two to turn into a proper modular. Same goes with the farm sets and that amusement truck. 

Pleasantly surprised with these after the first 2022 wave. 

Only just realized that the police mission boat can be a submarine, with that squared off (moon cake factory) dome included, that makes it even more interesting, and the first Police submarine I think (2021 boat had a red mini sub for the crooks but only a diver with an assisted propulsion device, not a full sub)

Combine it with the Space mission and you have Space Police :poke:

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

I can’t believe as far as city goes, this is our first super market set. I’ll be getting two to turn into a proper modular. Same goes with the farm sets and that amusement truck. 

Pleasantly surprised with these after the first 2022 wave. 

Perhaps Lego finally got someone with sense to be in charge of City set production. Someone who is not afraid to take chances and tackle the smaller aspects of City life such as shops, schools, buses (we actually got two this year) and grocery stores. 

Edited by Poodabricks

29 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Perhaps Lego finally got someone with sense to be in charge of City set production. Someone who is not afraid to take chances and tackle the smaller aspects of City life such as shops, schools, buses (we actually got two this year) and grocery stores. 

The designers can only design what they are told too. The higher ups at LEGO are the ones that clearly were against City having a school and grocery store. As soon as LEGO realized they can charge $70 for $40-$50 sets like then the school and grocery store were probably given the okay.

Brickset has pictures of a great 30590 polybag with farmer, scarecrow, rabbit & water can! Hopefully I'll get couple of these when they are around; apart from the very expensive farm set this is the only summer set I'm getting for sure.

Unfortunately the train station is quite bland, the ridiculous crossing - really unsafe, glad we have a City hospital now - and the (good) vehicles take all the necessary parts away from it. The price is also quite hefty for what we are getting. Still undecided about that one.

6 hours ago, Maple said:

The designers can only design what they are told too. The higher ups at LEGO are the ones that clearly were against City having a school and grocery store. As soon as LEGO realized they can charge $70 for $40-$50 sets like then the school and grocery store were probably given the okay.

Before you get on the correction train (that seems to be an issue with a lot of people here), I was talking about the people/person in charge of production. Not the designers themselves. 

Edited by Poodabricks

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Before you get on the correction train (that seems to be an issue with a lot of people here), I was talking about the people/person in charge of production. Not the designers themselves. 

Oh good. I see people go after the poor designers. They are just told what to do. The prototype pictures of sets have always been better than the actual sets. Vidiyo is the latest example of that.

15 hours ago, williejm said:

You’re overworking that software, dude. 

Haha! Poor, poor my iPad.

3 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Brickset has pictures of a great 30590 polybag with farmer, scarecrow, rabbit & water can! Hopefully I'll get couple of these when they are around; apart from the very expensive farm set this is the only summer set I'm getting for sure.

White rabbit is not so new… there is a recolored one - a GREY rabbit in veggie delivery van. You may have to wait for some cool farm aniamls to show up on B&P or BrickLink some times later. 

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Oh good. I see people go after the poor designers. They are just told what to do. The prototype pictures of sets have always been better than the actual sets. Vidiyo is the latest example of that.

I look at it this way: To KFOLs, it's easier to play inside (reference to the roofless and sidewall free buildings). To TFOLs and AFOLs, City sets are made to be modded or make good sets for role-playing and fanfiction. So that's why I think the designers of City sets do what they do. 

Edited by Poodabricks

I absolutely love the farm polybag and PERSONALLY, I will likely be purchasing the Train Station, Grocery Store and the Bathtub stunt bike. 

20 hours ago, danth said:

I really hope the whole app thing isn't part of a sneaky plan to eliminate paper instructions. That would be vile.

I wonder how much of the final cost of a small set is in the paper and printing, plus the shipping of that extra weight (not much admittedly)?  If we did ditch the physical instructions, perhaps we could have smaller boxes, so shipping costs could decrease, and maybe turn a £9 set into a £8 set.  This is something of a pet peeve of mine.  There’s nothing worse than opening up a new set, and finding the box half empty, or sometimes worse, and wondering what it cost to ship that half box of fresh air.

18 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

I wonder how much of the final cost of a small set is in the paper and printing, plus the shipping of that extra weight (not much admittedly)?  If we did ditch the physical instructions, perhaps we could have smaller boxes, so shipping costs could decrease, and maybe turn a £9 set into a £8 set.  This is something of a pet peeve of mine.  There’s nothing worse than opening up a new set, and finding the box half empty, or sometimes worse, and wondering what it cost to ship that half box of fresh air.

Maybe, but I don't have any expectation that Lego would pass savings on to their customers.

In fact, I'd be perfectly happy if all the Lego execs took a pay cut so we could get paper inserts showing other sets, prints instead of stickers, and alt builds on the back of each box.

I'd love an extra sticker sheet to any set over $100. This way when I do them badly or they come undone in years I can reapply a new sticker.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, TeriXeri said:

Currently seems to be confusion over the Train Station price.

Stonewars currently says €80 , Promobricks €100

And I believe it's a LEGO exclusive too, which would make €100 extra steep :thumbdown: (I mean, €100 is a believable price for 900+ pieces, but exclusive means no discount)

Making freight and train station exclusive is bad move or evil plan to say, that these sets dont sell very well and cut trains forever.

Im buying 2x express trains, and Im done with lego trains... 172 centimetres is really long train and I dont waste another 4 years waiting.

I love the new supermarket. I hope to buy more than one copy to double the size of the building and more features that are found on most real supermarkets, like automatic sliding doors, more than one shopping cart, meat department with butcher, bakery with baker, frozen foods, etc. Maybe I could also add a motorized spinning rooftop sign, too.

1 hour ago, Ondra said:

Making freight and train station exclusive is bad move or evil plan to say, that these sets dont sell very well and cut trains forever.

I agree I don't like when regular City sets become exclusive, like the Car transporter from last year, horse transporter from this year and now also the purple truck with the alien and maybe those 2 train sets.

Besides, I think that Road plate with the railway crossing could've been it's own set, like the rail/road expansion that already exist.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

I agree I don't like when regular sets become exclusive, like the Car transporter from last year, horse transporter from this year and now also the purple truck with the alien and maybe those 2 train sets.

Im not fan of lego shop, because of no discount. Paying for basics lego city sets full price is nonsense...