Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Ok, so it WAS a minifig pack (was pretty much the only possibility with such a set number and 50 pieces but @LCP reported it first)

2021 did not have a City themed one but 2022 certainly does.

40526 Electric Scooters & Charging Dock €12,99 / $12,99 June 1st

(image sourced directly from LEGO.com, but it's also on Brickset now)

40526.png?fit=bounds&format=png&width=1600&height=1600&dpr=1

Nice to see  medium legs are used more and more.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Ok, so it WAS a minifig pack (was pretty much the only possibility with such a set number and 50 pieces but @LCP reported it first)

2021 did not have a City themed one but 2022 certainly does.

40526 Electric Scooters & Charging Dock €12,99 / $12,99 June 1st

(image sourced directly from LEGO.com, but it's also on Brickset now)

40526.png?fit=bounds&format=png&width=1600&height=1600&dpr=1

Nice to see  medium legs are used more and more.

Lego seems to have very advanced solar technology, same as in freight train when they use portable solar panel for charging electric car.

Lego stop greenwashing and making false ideas, we have solars on whole roof and we will charge vehicle in very optimistic way 10 hours only when solar give 100% peak and nothing else is in usage.

Edited by Ondra

30 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Lego stop greenwashing and making false ideas, we have solars on whole roof and we will charge vehicle in very optimistic way 10 hours only when solar give 100% peak and nothing else is in usage.

Not only that, those scooters are even illegal on the road in UK and The Netherlands for example.

But either way, that fact doesn't stop me from liking this set, to me LEGO always has been some fantasy world anyway.

I'd probably use it as an Electric Bicycle charge station instead.

Edited by TeriXeri

7 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Not only that, those scooters are even illegal on the road in a lot of countries.

Whats really sad, they imprint this nonsensical ideas into kids heads and reality is far far away. Sad thing is also, that same knowing about solar has many green politics without knowing basics about physics...

Im sorry about this rant, but this really makes me angry because I know something about solars...

Edited by Ondra

2 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Im sorry about this rant, but this really makes me angry and because I know something about solars...

No need to be sorry for being critical :thumbup: I'm very selective on what LEGO sets as well.

15 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Not only that, those scooters are even illegal on the road in UK and The Netherlands for example.

But either way, that fact doesn't stop me from liking this set, to me LEGO always has been some fantasy world anyway.

Thats good premise after all  :-D .

Sadly Im kind of dinosaur, I build only cars with big petrol engines Mad Max style, my trains used to haul coal and tires and my favourite sets was octan gas pump and Monster truck :pir-skel: .

I logged on to JB Spielwaren, but the image is not showing yet, but only 404 error is showing.

3 minutes ago, LCP said:

I logged on to JB Spielwaren, but the image is not showing yet, but only 404 error is showing.

Very interesting thanks, how do you find jb spielwaren sets with photos?

36 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Lego seems to have very advanced solar technology, same as in freight train when they use portable solar panel for charging electric car.

Realistically, it'd be more practical for an electric charging station like this to be wired to a larger renewable power grid, but I feel like in a tiny set like this, the solar panels are useful as a "signifier" of sorts. Without them, there'd be little indication of the scooters being electric at all, or that the bulky build is meant as a charging station. By including a source of renewable energy in the set itself, the overall message of renewable electric transportation comes across without having to figure out how to effectively imply the existence of external infrastructure to support it.

22 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Realistically, it'd be more practical for an electric charging station like this to be wired to a larger renewable power grid, but I feel like in a tiny set like this, the solar panels are useful as a "signifier" of sorts. Without them, there'd be little indication of the scooters being electric at all, or that the bulky build is meant as a charging station. By including a source of renewable energy in the set itself, the overall message of renewable electric transportation comes across without having to figure out how to effectively imply the existence of external infrastructure to support it.

I love your thinking :-) .

Whats really interesting there is very subtle hint with cargo trains that this train is hybrid. Not every official photos have pantographs on, so its probably based on Siemens Dual mode or Stadler Euro Dual or similar engines.

Edited by Ondra

16 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

The train station is not listed. 

It's also not listed with a piece count on other sites, pretty strange.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, Marcin Majkowski said:

Nice to see that electric scooters also works with shorter legs.

Cute little set. Nice way to get some good parts. Like in real life, the Lego city renewable infrastructure needs more investment!

Thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

Here are my thoughts on the new sets so far:

Hen House: :thumbdown:

+ quad included

+ hens in new color

- quad has too big box in its back

- a rooster is missing so much :thumbdown:

- rudimentary styled and mucht to small and in contrast much to tall building

- much to big eggs (Why didn't they use those which were included in the easter bunny with scooter set some time ago?!)

Vegetable Van: :wub:

- would have prefered a kid instead of a second man

+ good price ratio performance

+ vehicle has car doors as well as doors in the back :thumbup:

+ great to get another food truck (We need even more of them!!!) :thumbup:

+ good minifigure selection

+ new amazing plants

+ lovely vegetable patch

+ a lot of accessory

Farm 4+: :sceptic:

+ many new amazing animals

+ a lot of accessory

- boring minifigure selection

- rudimentary styled buildings

- very simple tractor and trailer

- really a pity that we didn't get a regular, meaning non-4+ farm :cry_sad:

Electric Scooters: :sceptic:

+ nice minifigure selection

- one more minifigure is missing

- azur as color of the scooters

- rudimentary styled loading station

I'm excited for pics of the rest of the summer sets (but not the Stuntz sets since I'm not interested in them).

4 hours ago, LCP said:

Since JB is going to sell the new sets from 00:01 MET onwoards, I guess that the pics will appear at exact the same time.

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

The train station is not listed. 

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

It's also not listed with a piece count on other sites, pretty strange.

Like the new cargo train, the train station will be an exclusive set (only at S@H and some special toy shops). So I'm not surprised that JB won't sell this and so isn't going to show pics of it.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

That supermarket is pretty nice for a City set! , much bigger compared to the shops in the 2021 Shopping Street or previous shop like the Donut shop set.

It looks complete, and those 4 wide car and forklift are very town-esque and the little car even had doors :thumbup: 

It has no roof but I think that's a fine compromise for access to interior/play, something Friends sets/shops have done for 10 years.

Also there's a figure with a prostethic leg.

I also like the crate with the bottles, and the way to add/remove crates from the forklift entrance, having worked in a supermarket myself for a while long ago.

Edited by TeriXeri

The prostethic leg took by surprise!

Looks great

Edited by Robert8

I'm honestly blown away by the supermarket! Missing a roof, but it's surprisingly deep with walls on all three sides. Great minifigs and accessories, and I'm SO glad to see some 4-stud wide cars from City again. I'm really tired of the oversized 6-stud wide convertibles that we get in every set :hmpf_bad:

I think I need some time to get used to the train, but the number of minifigs, longer length of track, and DOORS!! already has me sold.

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The prostethic leg took by surprised!

Looks great

Same here. Nice inclusion. 

Passenger Train, impressive ! !

It's like a mix of TGV and Shinkansen , to me this looks like the best Town/City passenger train LEGO has done in like the last 20+ years.

The only downside I see is that it's only half a train with 1 locomotive, but the 2018 train had that too.

Edited by TeriXeri