Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Maybe I have mentioned this before, but it is a little strange if we only get a 4+ farm set in City this year when basically the Disney farm set is the the same set just half the size:sceptic:
It may be that the Disney one is selling really well for a limited set and they decided to release a more easy available one in City this year. However we got the tractor last year, horse transporter this winter and in the summer we will get 2 more small farm sets that are not 4+, so a big limited farm set makes most sense to me. Have we ever had a wave where the 4+ one is the biggest one when none of the other sets are 4+? 

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Have we ever had a wave where the 4+ one is the biggest one when none of the other sets are 4+? 

There has not been a subtheme with 4+ as the biggest set , but maybe LEGO considers 60347 Supermarket part of the theme (farm is  60346) , even with a different release date 1 month earlier.

Or maybe there's 1 more exclusive not known set , i remember the Wildlife Camp and Rocket Launch base not being known initially at first as well, both pretty much LEGO exclusives here.

There will also be Train sets which are listed at €100 , €150 , €180 , and another €140 Stunt show set.

With 3 stunt bikes, 3 train sets, 5 more stunt sets, 3 mission sets, this summer wave isn't small, beside the 3 farm sets and supermarket.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Or maybe there's 1 more exclusive not known set , i remember the Wildlife Camp and Rocket Launch base not being known initially at first as well, both pretty much LEGO exclusives here.

Yes the summer wave usually has at least one big limited set, normally the biggest set in a sub-theme so I hope that is the case here as well :wink:

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

There will also be Train sets which are listed at €100 , €150 , €180 , and another €140 Stunt show set.

With 3 stunt bikes, 3 train sets, 5 more stunt sets, 3 mission sets, this summer wave isn't small, beside the 3 farm sets and supermarket.

Well the train sets are something that happens every few years, stay along for longer than normal and is something shops seem to stock up on before x-mas so unsure how much shelf space they take up in a the average shop during summer, but you might be right that they reduce the other amount of City sets in the years they release them :shrug_oh_well:

I think the thing with the farm sets being 4+ is largely down to that being such a ‘young audience’ theme. Would be kinda odd to have a whole slew of farm based sets with major appeal to young kids that was marketed above their age range … 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I think the thing with the farm sets being 4+ is largely down to that being such a ‘young audience’ theme. Would be kinda odd to have a whole slew of farm based sets with major appeal to young kids that was marketed above their age range … 

I guess the closest we'll get to that would be in the Great Vehicles subtheme. Unless you're willing to go onto the internet and get the set from 2009 for almost $300.00. 

Edited by Poodabricks

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Make some sets 10+!

But yeah i think this makes sense for young kids. 

The 2021 Tractor is 5+ and looks great and not juniors at all.

That said, a Barn and some fences don't need to be a complex build (see 2009) lineup 

I do hope most budget goes into the barn and side build like the rumored corn pieces.

I don't think a grain silo would add much in the current scene with no harvester being sold currently, but it did make sense in 2009 set, and 2011 even had a grain ship.

I'd rather get more hay bales and corn pieces instead of a large empty silo.

Knowing it's City, and 4+ another type of farm vehicle seems pretty certain, small tractor with trailer would only need a few pieces if it's a simple tractor with no cab like the Disney set, and a trailer would only need a few pieces to have a small bucket or flatbed as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe I have mentioned this before, but it is a little strange if we only get a 4+ farm set in City this year when basically the Disney farm set is the the same set just half the size:sceptic:
It may be that the Disney one is selling really well for a limited set and they decided to release a more easy available one in City this year. However we got the tractor last year, horse transporter this winter and in the summer we will get 2 more small farm sets that are not 4+, so a big limited farm set makes most sense to me. Have we ever had a wave where the 4+ one is the biggest one when none of the other sets are 4+? 

I suspect part of LEGO's motivation may be that they expect barns and farm animals to have a whole lot of appeal with younger City fans (probably a safe bet, considering the popularity of farm animal sets among Duplo-age kids). Whereas sets more focused on other stuff like produce farming might not hit that same sweet spot with the youngest kids.

Honestly, I could see this decision working out pretty well, given the type of set we're dealing with. For starters, including a large number of molded, printed animals would likely eat up quite a bit of the budget for a set this size, resulting in a less substantial building experience than you'd likely expect from a similarly priced 5+ or 6+ set anyhow.

Moreover, barns themselves tend to be fairly simple, boxy structures that would be very conducive to a simple, panel-based build, rather than a more intricate design like you might hope to see for other sorts of farm-related builds. I can easily imagine a 4+ barn made up of large panels still looking much more attractive and authentic than the barn/hayloft design from 7637!

11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I can easily imagine a 4+ barn made up of large panels still looking much more attractive and authentic than the barn/hayloft design from 7637!

Well 4+ is something else in my mind when it comes to builds:

10775-1.jpg?202105020528

7637-1.jpg?200901051048

Smaller sets like the tractor last year can look excellent with a 5+, bigger sets is normally 6+ just because of the size I think. However as long as 4+ give us the animals I am happy no matter what the set look like, but the dream would be a D2C farm :wink:

Pics on insta of new farm sets.

All 3 are must haves for me my kids

Edited by dilligan

I want these for myself, assuming I can snag them for a good price (not super-difficult to do for City sets here in Australia)

1 minute ago, jonwil said:

I want these for myself, assuming I can snag them for a good price (not super-difficult to do for City sets here in Australia)

yeah, where do you find the best prices in Aus? Kmart I find usually has the best day to day prices

Ehmm... 60345 truck is a mix of 60198 Bank van, 60253 Ice cream truck and 60150 Pizza van. Uhmm... Only 60346 farm itself seems to be worthy but it has now wow to me

Edited by fo4saken

Is that a removable extra wool piece on the sheep? It looks different/bulkier from the one in the earlier Mickey Mouse farm.

4 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Is that a removable extra wool piece on the sheep? It looks different/bulkier from the one in the earlier Mickey Mouse farm.

It is, from the back of the box (source brickset)

74603_60346%202.jpg

For a 4+ set this is very good indeed.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, dilligan said:

Pics on insta of new farm sets.

All 3 are must haves for me my kids

I agree! That barn may be a 4+ set, bit it's perfect for my town. 

The farm is much better than I was thinking. The last one wasn't Junior / 4+ and a bit simple. The animals are of course great. The sheep you can cut the hair off. Fantastic.
The egg quad thing is basic and fine. Not much to say. Shocking there is no new egg piece. Not.
The veggie truck is a just phoning it in. Looks like all the other 'meh' foo trucks in City. It's not 'farmy' enough for me. The crops are also really bad. The ice cream piece should be red and used for cherry tomatoes. Grapes don't grow like that.

At least that 4+ farm is still "reasonably" priced (in Euro).

Ok there aren't a lot of pieces for building but it didn't cheap out on the number of figures/accesoires and animals.

It's not cheap but with some discount I can see it easily see it sold for under €40.

Edited by TeriXeri

Loving all the new animals, and the sheep being able to be sheared is a 10/10 play feature idea.

I do wish the barn was more detailed, but it's a 4+ set so I can ignore that. I would have liked some fences for the animals though. 

The blue haired girl is cool, I'm liking how latley they've been giving us lots of new colours for hair instead of the more traditional colours.

I like all the new logo'd farm outfits, though I think 60287's red tartan guy felt more farmy to me over these new ones. 

Are there any details about other city products yet? For your information, I already know the names of the products.

This is perfect! The 4+ nature of the barn is perfect for those of us that are more interested in the animals than the build. 

The sheep shearing play feature is genius and 2 piglets!

I shiver thinking about the price that +4 set will have in a few years in the aftermarket