Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

20 hours ago, jonwil said:

Bought the new Friends food trucks set today and other than the 3 minidolls, the cat and maybe a few other parts it wouldn't look too out of place in a City setup given that food trucks/stands of that sort can and do have those kind of brighter colors in real life.

At the very least its a GREAT parts pack for the kind of City stuff I build :)

I wonder what other awesome-for-City-builders sets from this year (or from previous years that might still be on the shelf) I have missed out on just because they happen to be labeled "friends"?

The thing I just can't get over is that it is sort of marketed as Lego for girls with all different elements from other Lego. It sort of sets itself apart somehow. While Lego is for girls by default and had been since the early days. It should have just been a theme like pirates or Ninjago. But I am also the first to admit that it might be non-marketeer and maybe slightly childish way of looking at it.

13 hours ago, icm said:

The Heartlake City Airplane from 2020 is amazing.  It's got a brick built wing box and overhead luggage bins.  I thought about getting it several times but ended up getting the larger City version instead.

I got the Friends plane for nearly half off. Besides the pink 'rug' the plane is great. I took all the parts out and stuck in minifigure seats, it holds like 12-13 now instead of 3.

6 hours ago, hoppa said:

The thing I just can't get over is that it is sort of marketed as Lego for girls with all different elements from other Lego. It sort of sets itself apart somehow. While Lego is for girls by default and had been since the early days. It should have just been a theme like pirates or Ninjago. But I am also the first to admit that it might be non-marketeer and maybe slightly childish way of looking at it.

It was in the beginning, the last several years LEGO had all genders playing with the Friends line, and this year finally made Friends use normal boxes.

But if Friends is for girls then are all the other themes just for boys? I don't think LEGO has a problem with genders, I think you do.

19 hours ago, Maple said:

I got the Friends plane for nearly half off. Besides the pink 'rug' the plane is great. I took all the parts out and stuck in minifigure seats, it holds like 12-13 now instead of 3.

It was in the beginning, the last several years LEGO had all genders playing with the Friends line, and this year finally made Friends use normal boxes.

But if Friends is for girls then are all the other themes just for boys? I don't think LEGO has a problem with genders, I think you do.

I didn't really know about the change of the last few years, which changes a lot to be honest because it becomes more like the hearthlake theme that way.

In respect to your second point. I don't think all other sets are for boys and that is exactly my point; why I had a mild distaste for it being marketed towards girls so much. Lego most certainly has no gender issues, they have always been at the forefront of equality and inclusion.

Finally you are obviously free to your opinion, but rest assured that my now 20 month old boy can be what he wants, play with what he likes and become his own human being. And if my, currently in progress, second child becomes a girl I will be over the moon and the same principles apply. As long as they become awesome human beings I will cheer them on to the fullest.

Thank you so much for reacting though, I learned something I didn't know and that honestly changes how I see the sets.

Edited by hoppa
spelling

8 hours ago, hoppa said:

I didn't really know about the change of the last few years, which changes a lot to be honest because it becomes more like the hearthlake theme that way.

It's been changing for the last 10 years. The first few years of Friends were rough, LEGO thought lime green and pinks matched, they don't. I started buying Friends in 2013 because there were several sets, a school, bakeries, that looks like slightly colorful City sets. The school was yellow and blues, one bakery was dark pink and tan, another was blues and dark pink and purple.

LEGO does not have gender, gender issues are caused 100% by us. 100 years ago pink was a 'boy color' as it showed strength. A little before that boys were dresses. Boys and girls were the same close until they were 8-10 years old. It's society's problems that cause stupid gender issues.

Friends a few years ago started adding more boys, which was a nice touch, and this year LEGO finally 100% made Friends a normal theme, just with minidolls. It might have taken ten years but Friends is finally getting the attention it deserved for much longer.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

It's been changing for the last 10 years. The first few years of Friends were rough, LEGO thought lime green and pinks matched, they don't. I started buying Friends in 2013 because there were several sets, a school, bakeries, that looks like slightly colorful City sets. The school was yellow and blues, one bakery was dark pink and tan, another was blues and dark pink and purple.

LEGO does not have gender, gender issues are caused 100% by us. 100 years ago pink was a 'boy color' as it showed strength. A little before that boys were dresses. Boys and girls were the same close until they were 8-10 years old. It's society's problems that cause stupid gender issues.

Friends a few years ago started adding more boys, which was a nice touch, and this year LEGO finally 100% made Friends a normal theme, just with minidolls. It might have taken ten years but Friends is finally getting the attention it deserved for much longer

I think we fully agree and may have attributed meaning to words that wasn't intended :)

1 hour ago, hoppa said:

I think we fully agree and may have attributed meaning to words that wasn't intended :)

Probably. :laugh:

Are we sure that summer wave will be distributed / released worldwide in June instead of Europe? For example, Wildlife Rescue subtheme were released in June then later, were released in North America in August last year?

On 3/16/2022 at 4:16 PM, Poodabricks said:

I think it works perfectly for any construction vehicle. Sorta stands out! 

LEGO just doesn't make up colors for vehicle/machines. They base it off colors of real vehicles/machines. It works for the mobile crane, but sorry not for other construction machines. LEGO would never make that color scheme a standard for construction machines.

4 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

It works for the mobile crane, but sorry not for other construction machines. LEGO would never make that color scheme a standard for construction machines.

That's not true. I've seen plenty of different types of construction vehicles with the similar color schemes as the mobile crane and cement mixer. Other construction related machines do exist in similar paint schemes even if rare.. So yeah! It works. 

10432795.jpg

Paint the wheels yellow and it still works. 

117014875-blue-and-yellow-crane-with-its

Just because you disagree with the idea, doesn't mean Lego wouldn't do it. 

Edited by Poodabricks

I don't mind how City , Friends, or Creator 3-in-1 do a more colorful approach to their vehicles and builds, those themes are aimed at a different type of audience usually compared to more accurate depictions of builds via 18+, Speed Champions, Technic, IDEAS etc.

If City was accurate in any way, 75% of it's cars would be white, black, grey or silver.

As for Construction vehicles, Yellow might be the traditional standard in most LEGO Town or City in the past, but even way before that, LEGO used all sorts of colors for some of  their construction vehicles.

The stereotypical red/darkred vehicles for criminals in City might get a bit boring at this point, but 2022 still has some decent variation that aren't just plain red. (the criminal stickers could be left off the ice cream van, mini tractor, garbage truck sets), and the Police/Fire Chase set has a criminal using a black/teal car instead, more variance is a good thing and I think LEGO is starting to vary things up. (edited)

In real life I see plenty of sand trucks, diggers, road rollers, cranes in colors other then yellow, or mixes of colors like blue/white, blue/orange, green/white etc.

The more industrial Mining Trucks/Dozers/Diggers generally are yellow still in real life (CAT and Volvo especially), but there are still plenty of other colors across the globe.

Edited by TeriXeri

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't mind how City , Friends, or Creator 3-in-1 do a more colorful approach to their vehicles and builds, those themes are aimed at a different type of audience usually compared to more accurate depictions of builds via 18+, Speed Champions, Technic, IDEAS etc.

If City was accurate in any way, 75% of it's cars would be white, black, grey or silver.

Now, City keeps making Red/Darkred vehicles for "criminals" , most of the time (ice cream truck actually a recent big exception to that rule), so some different colors could be nice there, but other then that I think so far City using more colors instead of less is a good thing.

As for Construction vehicles, Yellow might be the traditional standard in most LEGO City in the past, but even way before that, LEGO used all sorts of colors for their vehicles.

In real life I see plenty of sand trucks, diggers, road rollers, cranes in colors other then yellow, or mixes of colors like blue/white, blue/orange, green/white etc.

The more industrial Mining Trucks/Dozers/Diggers generally are yellow still in real life (CAT and Volvo especially), but there are still plenty of other colors across the globe.

I agree! Don't forget that most of the police vehicles would be black if Lego stuck to realism. 

36 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I agree! Don't forget that most of the police vehicles would be black if Lego stuck to realism.  

Well, that hugely depends on where one lives, now, doesn't it :wink:
And although I know other countries have black police cars, too, I still like to believe that LEGO has not completely "americanised". Yet.
But I get your point.

2 minutes ago, Withacee said:

Well, that hugely depends on where one lives, now, doesn't it :wink:
And although I know other countries have black police cars, too, I still like to believe that LEGO has not completely "americanised". Yet.
But I get your point.

Yeah! I know the police in LA still use black and white as their police car color scheme. 

15 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Are we sure that summer wave will be distributed / released worldwide in June instead of Europe? For example, Wildlife Rescue subtheme were released in June then later, were released in North America in August last year?

Well, we don’t have answers yet then. 

And yes, I quoted myself… :oh3:

Anyways, April is getting real close  and I can’t wait to see offical images soon!

6 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah! I know the police in LA still use black and white as their police car color scheme. 

It’s not just Los Angeles but there are black and white police cars almost everywhere in USA. 

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It’s not just Los Angeles but there are black and white police cars almost everywhere in USA. 

Except here in DMV, where almost every police vehicle is elite police blue. Older Prince George's County police cars however were white and blue like the old Lego City police vehicles from 2008-2017. DC Police Cars are white too. 

Edited by Poodabricks

1 minute ago, Poodabricks said:

Except here in Virginia, where almost every police vehicle is elite police blue. 

That’s why I sad “almost everywhere”. In Central South PA, there are some black and white police cars. I rarely see blue police car around here. 

Well, now I see you edited after I quoted you!

But yeah I got what you mean!

Current 2022 Police / Fire / Medical vehicles mostly seem to have influences from various european countries, mainly Germany (Police) and some Denmark (Arhus Firetruck with remote watercannons, and Copenhagen Medical helicopter)

Even so some designs do change over the years, some more often then others, my country only just recently changed from white with thinner blue/neon orange stripes, which was used for multiple decades, to white with thicker red/blue stripes on their cars when changing from Volkswagen to Mercedes.

Netherlands did have 1 car with the recent blue/neon yellow stripes but later was said to be an april 1st joke (right car, Left is the current livery)

167517513_3060556840847712_6674176724252

Still , doesn't take away that many european countries do use variants of white/blue/neon yellow on their vehicles (UK, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Norway for example)

Edited by TeriXeri

My mods to the school set. 

That set needed major mods. Call me a Lego Karen. But as a bus driver, I can personally say that the school bus included is dangerous and unrealistic. Loading and unloading a handicapped student behind the bus is a hazard for a start. Lego has done better when executing the handicapped aspect of Lego City's bus system. 

ahem 60154 ahem

When they announced that the set would have a school bus, I was kinda hoping for something like this.

school-bus2-1024x576.jpg

This is an IC RE school bus with a wheel chair lift. Ok, it would've costed more money. But if it was detailed, it would've been worth it. Just like the new hospital. 

5 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

My mods to the school set. 

That set needed major mods. Call me a Lego Karen. But as a bus driver, I can personally say that the school bus included is dangerous and unrealistic. Loading and unloading a handicapped student behind the bus is a hazard for a start. Lego has done better when executing the handicapped aspect of Lego City's bus system. 

ahem 60154 ahem

When they announced that the set would have a school bus, I was kinda hoping for something like this.

school-bus2-1024x576.jpg

This is an IC RE school bus with a wheel chair lift. Ok, it would've costed more money. But if it was detailed, it would've been worth it. Just like the new hospital. 

Ah, the difference between the US and Europe.  

In Europe, most schools don’t have dedicated buses, but utilise regular buses.  Disabled students would be the only one to get a dedicated service, and most of these are ‘minibus’ sized, and the main wheelchair exit is at the rear.

3 hours ago, jus1973 said:

In Europe, most schools don’t have dedicated buses, but utilise regular buses.  Disabled students would be the only one to get a dedicated service, and most of these are ‘minibus’ sized, and the main wheelchair exit is at the rear.

Please, don’t use “disabled studnets’ words… Just use “studnets with disabilities” instead.  I just hate that “disabled person” word - I’m a deaf-blind AFOL here. 

There is a difference between “disabled” and “with disabilities”. For example, if your boss tells you to disable a fire alarm, it own’t make noise or flash, which not save everyone, that’s “disabled”. “Person with disabilies” is just particularly disabled in certain actions. For example, a guy in well hair can’t walk but he can hear or see, or a deaf guy cannot hear but he can see, or a blind guy cannot see but can hear or walk around.  They are still ABLE to do something else. 

Now, I apoglize if this sounds like it’s a political correctness but I don’t think hearing “disabled peole”  words are best to describe people like me. 

43 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Please, don’t use “disabled studnets’ words… Just use “studnets with disabilities” instead.  I just hate that “disabled person” word - I’m a deaf-blind AFOL here. 

I completely understand this, but I do doubt that @jus1973 meant any offence - Some people use person-first language (as you do), while others prefer identity-first (as I do - I am Autistic; I do not "have Autism"). 

4 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I completely understand this, but I do doubt that @jus1973 meant any offence - Some people use person-first language (as you do), while others prefer identity-first (as I do - I am Autistic; I do not "have Autism"). 

100% agreed. No, he didn’t offend at all - I’m just sentiive when someone mentions “disabled person”. 

I apologize for being overreactive, folks!

4 hours ago, jus1973 said:

But my insider said that the school bus was supposed to be an American style. 

13 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

But my insider said that the school bus was supposed to be an American style. 

You are lucky for having an insider. 

No doubt that it was supposed to be an Ammerican school bus!

14 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You are lucky for having an insider. 

No doubt that it was supposed to be an Ammerican school bus!

Yeah! She's the one who told me that the new train station is going to have a bus, which once again, I hope it's an accordion. My issue is that trains are expensive now. I guess because you now have a choice between PF and the app. 

Edited by Poodabricks