Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Thank you very much for the list, @LCP! :classic:

I'm not interesting in all these stunts sets.

But the farm related sets sound great! I expect the open air hen house to come with three chickens and a rooster, the farmer's van will very likely be similar to the Pizza Van, but a bit bigger and selling mainly vegetables, the barn will for sure be only small and there could be two cows and three sheep (I wouldn't expect any goat there) and the grocery supposably will be about the same size as the school.

I hope that the Wildlife Animal Rescue Missions will offer us some more wildlife animals located in Savannah so we could expand the theme from last year - since it's a standalone set and very likely not a very big set, I wouln't expect any completely new moulded big animals. But maybe we could get a meerkat? How do you rate the chance that Lego uses the main body of the elephant and designs a new head mould for a rhino?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Sounds interesting for the Grocery stores and Framer Market Van...

However since the products are that horrible for 2021 and 2022 (some of these sets sound good for the names), I don't take any hopes for these sets until we would see the real pictures for these sets.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I hope that the Wildlife Animal Rescue Missions will offer us some more wildlife animals located in Savannah so we could expand the theme from last year - since it's a standalone set and very likely not a very big set, I wouln't expect any completely new moulded big animals. But maybe we could get a meerkat? How do you rate the chance that Lego uses the main body of the elephant and designs a new head mould for a rhino?

As I mentioend in my post in the previous page, it’s really odd to see another Wildlife Rescue set after the subtheme released one year ago. I would not think it being locate din savannah. Maybe it would be based in jungle instead? Who knows….

But if it’s indeed a savannah-based standalone set, I wold think it’s merket, wild dog or at least zebra. I’m not sure where ostriches usually Roman in wild so I will look it up.

Well…rhino is kinda a big animal. Same for hippo and giraffe. Between 1 (most unlikely) and 5 (most likely) rating, I would go with a rating 2 for rhino to be honest. However, personally, rhino is on my wishlist tho. 

Last year we got so many animals: African rock python, African eagle, elephant and its calf, maned lion and its cub, alligator and its egg, monkey. And some of their variants, of course. So I’m not sure if there is any budget left for a big molded animal like rhino. A stiffy body of elephant won’t work becase it’s too tall for rhino… Like Triceratops and Ankylosaurus from Jurassic Work, they use different bodies but use same legs. I feel that legs+technic pins would be great if the elephant bod is NOT stiffy at all. So it may be cost effective. It’s just my pure speculation. 

9 hours ago, LCP said:

60344-Gallinero(101 pieces)

Google translate tells me this might be some type of henhouse.

Is that right or am I way off the mark?

19 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

Google translate tells me this might be some type of henhouse.

Is that right or am I way off the mark?

That's right. It's a poultry farm. The site is in Spanish, so I wrote what was translated into English.

A grocery store sounds great, but … I’m guessing a lot of the piece count / value will be taken up by the road plates like the long awaited school?

Some Throws related to the Lego City series have been released.(5007181, 5007182, 5007183)

7 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I expect the open air hen house to come with three chickens and a rooster,

I agree (assume chickens=hens)  :classic:

The van could include a hen or two and and maybe a pig/sheep at best.

Then it is the barn with animals left where I expect a cow (maybe a new calf), a pig, a sheep and maybe some poultry, unless it is a 4+ set it can not be very big with so few parts.

It could be that the Horse Transporter and CMF with foal was just to back up the sets and they keep the stable set in Friends now. I was expecting those moulds would show up in more City sets, but maybe they save it for Castle later in the year :tongue:

Would make sense that there is a bigger farm set to follow the line maybe a limited retail one. If not the chance for a goat this time around is slim to none, (my hope/guess is that it will show up in the Castle 90th year set :excited:) with all the other animals they can include in the sets..

12 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

A grocery store sounds great, but … I’m guessing a lot of the piece count / value will be taken up by the road plates like the long awaited school?

LEGO sells 4.5 road plates with a few side pieces for $20. The fire station, police station and school are all the same price with mostly the same road plates. You can't blame the road plates for the design / cost.

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It could be that the Horse Transporter and CMF with foal was just to back up the sets and they keep the stable set in Friends now. I was expecting those moulds would show up in more City sets, but maybe they save it for Castle later in the year :tongue:

Would make sense that there is a bigger farm set to follow the line maybe a limited retail one. If not the chance for a goat this time around is slim to none, (my hope/guess is that it will show up in the Castle 90th year set :excited:) with all the other animals they can include in the sets..

I think we're on the same line here hoping for a 90th anniversary Castle with lots of animals (I hope multiple horses)

So far white and brown horse was still produced 2019, tan in 2021, dark orange in 2022.

For City I hope at least a return of the Cow since the Cow horn piece came back in 2020, and sheep/pig are still in production

Friends Tree Planting vehicle is quite a nice farm truck design as well, while it's bright with the Azure and a bit more modern (electric) design, bright colors did happen on those vehicles in the 50s and 60s

3c0882c80d87c5c01f144288e1020aca.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Apparently the New York Toy Fair got cancelled (again) so we won't be seeing any sets for months I suppose... too bad, I'm really looking forward to see the farmer sets and the smaller missions packs! I hope they have interesting animals in them, because let's face it, the current range of wildlife sets is expensive and not suitable for spontaneous gifts...

11 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Apparently the New York Toy Fair got cancelled (again) so we won't be seeing any sets for months I suppose... too bad, I'm really looking forward to see the farmer sets and the smaller missions packs! I hope they have interesting animals in them, because let's face it, the current range of wildlife sets is expensive and not suitable for spontaneous gifts...

In recent years New York Toy Fair has been fairly light on summer set reveals anyway, hasn't it? I think they've revealed a couple of flagship sets there, but nothing like earlier years when preliminary sets from the majority of themes were represented. So it's probably not an enormous loss.

19 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

LEGO hasn't been showing new sets at Toy Fairs for a few years before covid anyways.

16 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It could be that the Horse Transporter and CMF with foal was just to back up the sets and they keep the stable set in Friends now. I was expecting those moulds would show up in more City sets, but maybe they save it for Castle later in the year :tongue:.

Quite true but don’t forget - we have Farm Tractor set from last year that leads to farm sets this year. Take a look - we have Safari Jeep set in 2020 that lead us to Wildlife Rescue subthemes. :)

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Quite true but don’t forget - we have Farm Tractor set from last year that leads to farm sets this year. Take a look - we have Safari Jeep set in 2020 that lead us to Wildlife Rescue subthemes. :)

To me, that mini tractor and snake rattler figure with a farmer disguise throwing eggs made me almost sure we'd get chickens this year, just makes sense, but yes the tractor from last year with the hay bales was a big clue.

Now need some the cows to source the milk,  made into ice cream for the various sets, grocery store could also have some milk cartons (they are in the friends shop)

Edited by TeriXeri

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

We also had a harvester transport set from 2-3 years ago that lead to... nothing. :head_back:

My issue with the tractor is it's massive. The little green harvester is probably my favorite Farm set yet even though harvesters are normally bigger than tractors.

15 minutes ago, Maple said:

We also had a harvester transport set from 2-3 years ago that lead to... nothing. :head_back:

My issue with the tractor is it's massive. The little green harvester is probably my favorite Farm set yet even though harvesters are normally bigger than tractors.

Harvestor is a first step that leads to tractor which it’s second step that leads us to Horse Transporter which it’s a third step that leads us to….Ta-Da! We have found farm sets!

I can’t remember which green tractor? I only know I have Halloween Hayride set. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Harvestor is a first step that leads to tractor which it’s second step that leads us to Horse Transporter which it’s a third step that leads us to….Ta-Da! We have found farm sets!

I can’t remember which green tractor? I only know I have Halloween Hayride set. 

This is becoming like six degrees of Kevin Bacon. :pir_tong2:

60223: Harvester Transport I actually just found it as I'm going through my containers of 25+ years of LEGO. Really like it.

Edited by Maple

Well its taken about 17 years but finally a grocery store! And farm! It is interesting that there are more stunt and wildlife sets, since City normally only continues waves from memory (by adding more sets) the Great Vehicles and trains subthemes, and recently the My City theme. Even individual police waves don't get sets released across multiple waves.

On 1/8/2022 at 4:58 AM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

. My predictions:

1. High Hopes for the 60345 Farmer's Market Van. Lego usually does these well.

2. High Hopes for the 60344 Hen House. At 101 pieces, it will probably be a cute or interesting build

3. Mid Hopes for 60346 Barn and Farm Animals. Not a ton of pieces. Boy I hope there's no roadplate highway running through the farm

4. Low Hopes for 60347 Grocery Store. I suspect it will follow the pattern of the school. Road plate + vehicle = tiny building.

5. Not sure about 60353 Rescue Missions. If it's a people pack I think it will be great. If it's a Safari/Friends sort of thing not so sure. Probably ok.

Please note I hope my negative predictions are WRONG of course...

Edited by Some Guy With LEGO

13 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

For City I hope at least a return of the Cow

New moulds aside that is the most important animal to bring back in the loop, the other animals are still in production now and the goat are probably saved up for something special later :classic:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

New moulds aside that is the most important animal to bring back in the loop, the other animals are still in production now and the goat are probably saved up for something special later :classic:

The goat mold broke. A designer wanted to use it for either the JP gate or the Mickey Mouse boat set.

I'd love for cows to come back. I just bought four knockoffs on eBay for cheap because they look exactly the same and I got sick of waiting.

4 minutes ago, Maple said:

The goat mold broke

Yes, but sooner or later they will make a new :wink: If a set has goats now that will be a big selling point so I assume they wait for something special to bring it back. In the JP gate I believe the problem was that they where to late to make a new mould. The designer probably assumed that it was just a non active mould and then found out it was broken and they did not have time to make a new one before the set was in production. I do not know about the MM boat (it is a low budget Ideas set). The Ideas blacksmith designers tried very hard to include it, but with zero budget basically they could not afford it. City, HP, CMF etc have no problem with including it on the budget, however they must have a use for it before they make it instead of something else :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, but sooner or later they will make a new :wink: If a set has goats now that will be a big selling point so I assume they wait for something special to bring it back. In the JP gate I believe the problem was that they where to late to make a new mould. The designer probably assumed that it was just a non active mould and then found out it was broken and they did not have time to make a new one before the set was in production. I do not know about the MM boat (it is a low budget Ideas set). The Ideas blacksmith designers tried very hard to include it, but with zero budget basically they could not afford it. City, HP, CMF etc have no problem with including it on the budget, however they must have a use for it before they make it instead of something else :shrug_oh_well:

Also, they are totally teasing us with goats in so much Lego media. That’s not normal with retired and never-to-be-seen-again parts/figures.

I agree, the goat will come. They are just building the anticipation knowingly.