Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

1 hour ago, Maple said:

City sets are just insanely expensive simply because LEGO knows they can charge almost whatever they want because they are a top selling theme. However I think the crane being $40 is perfectly reasonable. Frankly it's the best priced set of the 2022 City wave.

Yeah I see those USA price differences to europe for City ,and it's pretty bad for some sets, like Hospital/Moonbase being $120 (€100), Police/Firestation/School being $70 (€60), and many of the €20/€30 sets are $30/40. (with exceptions like Horse transporter/Bank etc)

Star Wars has been the opposite here , especially in Netherlands, many $20 SW and some Harry Potter sets ended up at €30+ in the past.

Crane is one of the few mid priced sets where $40=€40 (command truck is €40/$50)

School set is overpriced compared to the Police/Fire Stations even at €60.

Edited by TeriXeri

I just saw Jang's school review. It's better looking than I thought, but needs more desks, and at least a part of a roof. The fact the floors don't seperate is shocking to me. 

3 hours ago, fo4saken said:

No.

Oh my bad! The yellow pieces looked like they were glow in the dark to me. That's why I asked. 

29 minutes ago, Maple said:

I just saw Jang's school review. It's better looking than I thought, but needs more desks, and at least a part of a roof. The fact the floors don't seperate is shocking to me. 

I saw that too. I'd probably add more some arches to the back wheels, re-color the front grill and bumpers and switch the white "SCHOOL BUS" sign to a yellow one. I'd also add a roof to the school. 

Edited by Poodabricks

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I can see that with some themes (Classic Space, SPI/SPII, Blacktron I, Unitron, Spyrius), but the neon canopies of M;Tron and Blacktron II look roughly as bright as the new yellow colour (particularly under a black light): 

Sure, but I never said I liked trans neon green that much. 🙂

I don't dislike it. But it's my least favorite Space canopy color.

And I don't think you can really compare transparent colors to opaque anyway.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

People never had black lights? They were hugely popular in the USA between 1995-2005.

Yeah, as a kid growing up in the 90s, my dad would sometimes bring his blacklight up to the den when we were playing with LEGO Space or Aquazone sets, and it was amazing seeing all those fluorescent details light up! For that matter, even shining a blue-colored LED at fluorescent parts can sometimes partially mimic that glow effect due to the UV light emitted along with the visible blue light.

Some U.S. LEGO conventions also do a "World of Lights" event where they turn off the lights in the exhibit space (or, at least, as many as they're allowed to turn off for safety reasons, and a lot of builders (especially in sci-fi themes) would use blacklights to make their creations glow in a different way than you'd get by incorporating LED lighting into the models themselves.

4 minutes ago, danth said:

Sure, but I never said I liked trans neon green that much. 🙂

I don't dislike it. But it's my least favorite Space canopy color.

And I don't think you can really compare transparent colors to opaque anyway.

I'm ordinarily not too big a fan of Tr. Fluorescent/Neon Green (or Tr. Fluorescent Reddish Orange/Trans-Neon Orange, for that matter), but in my case, one of the reasons for that has long been BECAUSE they lack any close solid-colored equivalent. So I will be very interested to see how Vibrant Yellow and Tr. Fluorescent Green look together as part of the same color scheme.Ideally, I hope they'll turn out to be as natural a fit as Medium Azur is to Tr. Light Blue, which used to have a similar issue due to being more "greenish" than other common shades of blue.

In the future, I'm also be interested in seeing how well Vibrant Yellow (perhaps in conjunction with Tr. Fluorescent Green) could work in situations that INTENTIONALLY evoke the sickly/nauseous sort of reaction you've described — such as vats of toxic chemicals, pools of corrosive acid, radioactive mineral deposits, or "hazardous material" labels in sci-fi sets and MOCs. Themes like Ninjago, Elves, and Hidden Side have previously used Spring Yellowish Green to convey sickly, malicious, or eerie vibes, but this could be a good option for instances where you really want more intensity than you can get from a soft pastel color like that.

I've also been thinking lately about the way Vibrant Yellow's name naturally invites comparison with LEGO's second-newest solid color, Vibrant Coral. The two colors currently appear prominently together in the Neon Tiger set from LEGO Dots. Much like Tr. Fluorescent Green and Tr. Fluorescent Reddish Violet, the two colors contrast very nicely with one another. I can definitely imagine a sci-fi theme using Vibrant Yellow accents for a "good" faction and Vibrant Coral accents for an "evil" faction, sort of like the way Tr. Fluorescent Green and Tr. Fluorescent Reddish Orange were used to differentiate the hero and villain factions in the Ninjago Prime Empire sets, or the eye colors of the 2008 Bionicle sets.

But more on the subject of the City theme, I can't help but wonder if future sets might end up making similar use of Vibrant Coral for high-visibility red/orange emergency uniform and vehicle markings. Some ships in the German coast guard's fleet like this one DO use a very similar color pretty prominently. So I could definitely see it working for an updated coast guard faction, particularly if balanced out with more muted colors like White, Black, or even Earth Blue. That said, I suspect that for future Coast Guard stuff LEGO might prefer opting for a color scheme closer to the recent Beach Rescue ATV and Beach Lifeguard Station.

In any case, Vibrant Coral and Vibrant Yellow alike could be interesting and useful recolors for various sorts of LEGO City safety gear like the minifig flotation vest  , life ring, torpedo buoy, and recently-updated rubber dinghy, even aboard civilian (non-emergency) watercraft.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

But more on the subject of the City theme, I can't help but wonder if future sets might end up making similar use of Vibrant Coral for high-visibility red/orange emergency uniform and vehicle markings. Some ships in the German coast guard's fleet like this one DO use a very similar color pretty prominently. So I could definitely see it working for an updated coast guard faction, particularly if balanced out with more muted colors like White, Black, or even Earth Blue. That said, I suspect that for future Coast Guard stuff LEGO might prefer opting for a color scheme closer to the recent Beach Rescue ATV and Beach Lifeguard Station.

The Dutch Coast Guard has a few different color schemes , all with some form of orange.

Vibrant Yellow superstructure with orange stripe and top (Bouy moving ships) , interesting color scheme but I don't think LEGO should do such a drastic change.

Scheepvaartroutes voor de kust aangepast | Scheepvaartkrant

White / Dark Blue / Orange (Patrol Boat) 

BarendBiesheuvelweb.jpg

I'd love to see a mainly (dark)blue + white + orange color scheme for coast guard ships , but I don't expect LEGO to change the current scheme which is fine, as there are already darkblue ships via the Ocean Exploration, and Police uses Blue ships, so might be too similar (main hull detail would just be a sticker anyway).

I can understand LEGO changing the 2013 ship from orange to white with the release of 2014 Arctic in mind, and keeping it the same for 2017 CG, 2018 Arctic.

And 2015/2020 Divers/Ocean Explorers having had 2 waves now pretty much established the yellow/darkblue now, + a bit of added red to be some continuation of 1997 divers.

Coral as a color is a difficult one, might look too pink in large quantities if they wanted to use it for a Coast Guard, + 2019/2021 Friends already uses it for their rescue sea vehicles, however could still work for a stripe above a wheelhouse on a ship, like your example.

Edited by TeriXeri

If I get end up getting that Fire Station, which I like, I'll make a combi-model of both 2019 and 2022 buildings.

The Technic pin hole on both sides of the garage is interesting, as if something else is supposed to connect to the left of it. (beside multiple copies of the set)

The 2019 station had various double-pin holes which allowed the Dock Side fire small set to be placed at multiple directions, but that's not directly compatible with this single pin hole.

2021 does have 2 "nuclear power plant" modules in the helicopter/truck sets with technic pins but I doubt that's meant to be right next to a garage :rofl:

Edited by TeriXeri

34 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

If I get end up getting that Fire Station, which I like, I'll make a combi-model of both 2019 and 2022 buildings.

The Technic pin hole on both sides of the garage is interesting, as if something else is supposed to connect to the left of it. 

The 2019 station had various double-pin holes which allowed the Dock Side fire small set to be placed at multiple directions, but that's not directly compatible with this single pin hole.

Perhaps it's to give people the option to add multiple garage bays side-by-side? Or maybe there might be another set coming in the summer that can connect to it.

Then again, it's also possible that it's just that way because it was more efficient from a packing standpoint to add a second 1x2 brick with pin hole in that bag than to add a standard 1x2 brick (which wouldn't be needed anywhere else in that part of the build).

Edited by Aanchir

There seems to be little difference between the fire department in 2019 and the fire department in 2022, but the fire truck seems to have come out well.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

That is my plan as well, will be interesting to see what you come up with.

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Perhaps it's to give people the option to add multiple garage bays side-by-side? Or maybe there might be another set coming in the summer that can connect to it.

Now that's something I'd definitely do. Considering that I plan to buy more than one fire vehicle this year, I'll need the extra garage bay. 

10 hours ago, Undi3sss said:

i'm loving the look of the new Hospital, but i'm still kinda holding out hope for a modular Hospital.

The 2023 modular will not be a hospital. There was a long wait between the fire station and police station. I think we will get 1-2 more City hospitals before we get a modular one.

I know it's still very early in the new year,  but so far 2022 horse trailer and picnic sets look have limited distribution (mainly lego.com)  in NL (Netherlands) , at least online, compared to the other 2022 City sets.

2021 sets that were somewhat limited or LEGO exclusives :  shopping street, car transporter, police boat and wildlife rescue camp.

I know this varies per country or shopping chain.

Edited by TeriXeri

54 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I know it's still very early in the new year,  but so far 2022 horse trailer and picnic sets look have limited distribution (mainly lego.com)  in NL (Netherlands) , at least online, compared to the other 2022 City sets.

2021 sets that were somewhat limited or LEGO exclusives :  shopping street, car transporter, police boat and wildlife rescue camp.

Makes me think now I should have grabbed it when I had the chance to, found it two days ago at Target, here in the Midwest USA. I have a feeling it will be very popular. In fact I think I will go get it right now, thanks for planting that seed, lol.

15 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Makes me think now I should have grabbed it when I had the chance to, found it two days ago at Target, here in the Midwest USA. I have a feeling it will be very popular. In fact I think I will go get it right now, thanks for planting that seed, lol.

It can vary a lot per country , or shop chain, so I wouldn't worry too much if you've seen it in a physical store.

6 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Hey guys! I brought the police car and stunt plane. The school will be my second. 

I'm going to buy these products soon.

18 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah, picnic and horse trailer sets seems to be exclusive like you said, same as last year's shopping street or car transporter, as they are not in official Lego catalog. Here in Poland, no signs of their availability at all. 

Edited by fo4saken

Just FYI - there are a few great minifigures from Series 22, such as Wheelchair Racer, Chili Costume Fan, Raccoon Costume Fan, and Horse Groomer. It would be great for City!

I will order Horse Transporter so I will get Horse Groomer and add foal to that set!

When I usually buy Lego, I get small products first, but do you, too?