Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

19 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I think I like the design of all the buildings that will be released this coming year. Especially the bank building. 

The bank isn't bad, the trucks in it are cool, I just wish the large helicopter was seperate from it, but I can understand this set was partly redesigned from the "dynamite factory" set that was unreleased this year, and from a kid's play perspective, big helicopter to chase bankrobbers adds play if they escape.

For the same €100 of the Bank set, I'd rather get some of the €30-€40 sets first but I understand they are more expensive in USD$

Edited by TeriXeri

13 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

The bank isn't bad, the trucks in it are cool, I just wish the large helicopter was seperate from it, but I can understand this set was partly redesigned from the "dynamite factory" set that was unreleased this year, and from a kid's play perspective, big helicopter to chase bankrobbers adds play if they escape.

Yeah! That explains why the SWAT police van from the factory was also included there. 

15 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

For the same €100 of the Bank set, I'd rather get some of the €30-€40 sets first but I understand they are more expensive in USD$

Yeah! Like the amazing mobile crane. 

4 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah! That explains why the SWAT police van from the factory was also included there. 

Yeah! Like the amazing mobile crane. 

If I end up not getting that bank set, I'll probably convert the building from 2019 60216: Downtown Fire Brigade to a bank.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I think I like the design of all the buildings that will be released this coming year. Especially the bank building. Thing is, I expect that kind of stuff from City because it's a theme that specializes in simple - straight to the point type of sets. Be upset if these were supposed to be modulars - which are supposed to cater to adults. 

I like the bank too! After seeing a lot of images, I know everything about the buildings, here's my opinion about them

-60316- Nice Cheap Station with more detail and accuracy compared to some previous sets, love the dog training zone and the 2 main vehicles, minifigures are great especially the Allen one, I was hoping to see one and this minifigure is good, the design of the building is great and different, and on top of all that, the idea of using the road plate for the structure of the building is well done

60317-nice set with the mostdetailed Bank ever made,nice street, good amount of minifigures, nice vehicles, helicopter is my least favourite as it does have some exposed pieces that I don't like to see (the dark grey pieces that hold the landing structure of the vehicle) and sadly this one does not have two rotors but it's fine as this helicopter is way better and bigger compared to 60140: a great set I missed, and finally this is great to combine to 60306 as this also has the bike lane and the street part combines well to a city diorama,great improvement compared to the previous sets ("my city" sets too) 

60320-not the best one but like it as this has more pieces than 60215 and it's cheaper (at least where I live), this set finally has a fire truck and helicopter, 7240 and 60215 didn't,the bins and tree are not bad attachments to the roads and the interior of the station is not that bad (for me), the one thing I don't like here is the fire fighting system used, the 2021 shooter pieces don't not look good in the truck and the splat pieces look weird in the helicopter

60321-Great Set for a fire themed set, truck looks great, trailer does not. Building has a good colour scheme and the container and secret sauce tank are nice additions, the fence is a good homage to 60216 and on top of that the life net is back again!! Missed that piece so much, it is perfect! As for the other vehicles not too much to say, I like the new color of the motorbike and the car is alright

60326-Really nice and cheap set, the Tuk Tuk is great and really fits well with the set, the park itself is great and I love it. I may get this set and put it right next to my shopping street's park area. 

60328 First beach set in a while and this one is awesome! The station is good and fully detailed, the ice cream bike is nice like it's predecessor, the main vehicle is great as it doesn't take out too much space by being small, great set to combine to the 10€ rescue atv, the turtle and it's "nest" are interesting and the beach part is well done aside of not having a single blue plate to represent the sea but it's OK as most people can get it easily. IMO this is the best cheap building ever seen. 

-60329-First school ever made, not the best I have ever seen but the interior is interesting and detailed, the school bus is alright for me because of the fact that the bus can load a wheelchair inside, I'm not much of a fan of American School buses but this one is an exception,the playground wasn't what I expected BUT thank god we'll have a cheap add on being the polybag thing, the worst thing is the price but in my region most retailers put the new sets on sale with cheaper prices and discounts, if I find one for cheap I buy it. 

60330-And finally the hospital! Not bad for a hospital with roadplates, this one has lots of amazing details and features, the ambulance and helicopter are nice, especially the ambulance, nice color scheme. The building is great with new rooms that we've never seen before, the attention to detail is big, I really like the play zone and the maternity ward, the MRI scan room is also good and interesting to see, the design is really great,interesting to see a hospital in this kind of shape and the same goes for the curved ends of each floor. 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

Those are also really nice, and weirdly cheap. I'm guessing $40USD and $60-$70USD.

My only very minor complaint is that the Space Station solar panels don't use the modular piece. But the fact there is one on the right is perfect for the space ship or combine it with the lunar base.

This is probably the best space theme in my life.

Edited by Maple

Honestly, while I understand the complaints about the new fire and police stations being small/underwhelming, I also think it was a good decision. For one thing, neither of those sets are at "flagship" price points like the 2020 police station was — instead, that price point is reserved for other sets like the new Hospital, which is an amazing design with lots of detail and playability. Getting a bigger police or fire station this wave might very easily have meant getting a smaller hospital.

A mid-size police station also stands out better from the 2020 one than if we'd gotten another huge one so soon. And honestly, it's got lots of nice features for its size — including not only typical stuff like a reception desk, booking facility, security gate, helipad, control tower, and jail, but also some more uncommon features like a K-9 training area and an exercise yard for prisoners. Even the skip loader style garbage truck is a fresh new concept for a getaway vehicle compared to the usual tow trucks and off-roaders. Honestly, between those features and the road system integration, I think it's much more interesting than the 2020 one was.

The fire station is less unique and exciting, especially since there was a pretty nice fire station around this same size as recently as 2019. This one's garage feels a little less substantial than that one's due to the lack of windows, and the road plates feel a little less purposeful here than in the hospital and police station where they serve as a driveway (maybe some more unique road features like a marked "fire lane" would have helped in this regard). The lift-style fire pole feels like a relic of a bygone era, and the launchers on the helicopter are poorly integrated, That said, I do love the iconic "rescuing a cat from a tree" scenario any time it appears, especially here with the new kitten piece!

I wanted the space sets for 2022 far more badly than the 2019 ones.  That new gateway station looks great - though the solar arrays are way off scale - it will need some AFOL attention.

Space Station is lovely , hope it's easy to connect to the 2019 version.

Also interesting to see a lot of those large triangle slope pieces being used lately in sets, formerly mainly just used on Imperial shuttles and such, now seen in other themes a lot more.

Edited by TeriXeri

35 minutes ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

I wanted the space sets for 2022 far more badly than the 2019 ones.  That new gateway station looks great - though the solar arrays are way off scale - it will need some AFOL attention.

I'm looking forward to the new lunar base and rocket launch facility but I'm less impressed with the rover and station.  I will say that the new sets are good representation of where we are technologically today vs the more forward looking Mars sets. 

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Space Station is lovely , hope it's easy to connect to the 2019 version.

Also interesting to see a lot of those large triangle slope pieces being used lately in sets, formerly mainly just used on Imperial shuttles and such, now seen in other themes a lot more.

The first theme to use those big triangle pieces was actually the 1999 Space Port theme, Arctic and some City Center sets. It seems to be slightly modified now as those pieces on Brickset are listed as 1999-2001.

1 minute ago, Maple said:

The first theme to use those big triangle pieces was actually the 1999 Space Port theme, Arctic and some City Center sets. It seems to be slightly modified now as those pieces on Brickset are listed as 1999-2001.

Yeah, IIRC the newer version has stud notches so that it can be placed more evenly on fewer studs (sort of like newer jumper plates and the like).

3 hours ago, Tim_AZ said:

I'm looking forward to the new lunar base and rocket launch facility but I'm less impressed with the rover and station.  I will say that the new sets are good representation of where we are technologically today vs the more forward looking Mars sets. 

I am not a big fan of the launch facility - the undersized rocket with the astronauts sitting in what would have been the fuel tank IRL (it is modelled on the Space Launch System Block 1A) wrecked it for me.  I'd love the the white quarter domes and some of the other elements though!

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

48 minutes ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

I am not a big fan of the launch facility - the undersized rocket with the astronauts sitting in what would have been the fuel tank IRL (it is modelled on the Space Launch System Block 1A) wrecked it for me.  I'd love the the white quarter domes and some of the other elements though!

In real life there isn't a moon base or moon rover or moon space station. People aren't yellow or made from plastic. :pir_tong2:

I do like the last rockets more, but this one looks great for a toy.

I still like this rocket a lot, you can replace the fuel tank cone with one of the transparent versions from the Moon base or space station if you want a person capsule with window that might look a bit more weird, but it's going to be a toy version of Artemis mission either way.

tn_60350_alt4_jpg.jpg

Maybe LEGO will do a microscale Saturn V scale set of SLS later if the mission is succesful.

Currently there are 4 nasa big display models on the market right now ISS, Lunar Lander, Space Shuttle Discovery and the re-release of Saturn V 

Real life SLS rocket size is 322 feet / 98 meters tall which even in minifig scale would be still 2 over meters tall.

Edited by TeriXeri

Thanks @LCP as I'm getting the school, 30588 polybag will be a nice addition. Will buy it as well as many of you guys (I guess).

I gotta say some of them space sets are pretty cool. From the last wave I only liked the modular space station.

Especially the new space station really looks like a cool design. Reminds me on some realistic space ship concepts.

4 hours ago, fo4saken said:

Thanks @LCP as I'm getting the school, 30588 polybag will be a nice addition. Will buy it as well as many of you guys (I guess).

I'm getting the school too! 

14 hours ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

Agreed.  I'm already planning on modding that.  The cockpits for the lunar lander and the little shuttle with the space station are also pretty weak.

New Polybag pictures from Brickset :

30585: Fire Patrol Vehicle

30585-1.jpg?202112120909

30587: Police Robot Unit

30587-1.jpg?202112120909

30589: Go-Kart

30589-1.jpg?202112120909

39 minutes ago, Tim_AZ said:

Agreed.  I'm already planning on modding that.  The cockpits for the lunar lander and the little shuttle with the space station are also pretty weak.

Yeah I am not a huge fan of the Orion capsule or the lunar lander with the bubble canopy either - though given the fact that the line is for kids, understandable why they did it.  Oddly enough the 2019 Launch control and Rocket assembly sets is a tad more accurate (well, the latter had the upper stage as cargo storage...so not quite).

Also not a huge fan of the blue-tinted window elements in space; for accuracy it would have been better in dark grey.

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

49 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

New Polybag pictures from Brickset :

30585: Fire Patrol Vehicle

30585-1.jpg?202112120909

30587: Police Robot Unit

30587-1.jpg?202112120909

30589: Go-Kart

30589-1.jpg?202112120909

I don't mind these at all. I can integrate the police one with no issues and the race car is a fun little build. The fire one is a bit to juniorish to be properly incorporated into my city though.