Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

17 minutes ago, williejm said:

Yeah I think we need to see better pictures, and it’s the first time they’ve Friendsified an adult big cat. Don’t think it’s a good fit with System / City animals though, if that’s what you mean @DBlegonerd7

Correct! I don’t think it would fit in System / City either.

But personally, I’m pretty impressed that there is a Freindsified big cat mold too. It’s a nice step for Freinds.

11 minutes ago, icm said:

Hi-res pictures of 60351 are on Brickset, but there aren't any pictures of 60348, 60349, or 60350 yet.  An interesting detail on 60351 is that the rocket has a NASA sticker on it.  This is the first time since the very first Town space shuttle back in 1990 that a Town/City minifig-playscale Space set has explicitly had NASA stickers or printing.  Lego has always been pretty open that Town and City Space is inspired by NASA (Space Shuttle, SLS, etc), but usually the logos on the stickers or prints of the actual sets don't represent any real-world space agency.

Edit, and sure enough as predicted, the astronaut minifigures in 60351 are the same as the minifigures in the Artemis educational promotion that were revealed/leaked some time ago.

Interestingly it is just the meatball, not the worm.   And yikes, the image of the backpanel suggests that the astronauts are sitting in the fuel tank.

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

It's the meatball on the top of the rocket, and the worm on the sides of the boosters.  There are actually pictures of 60350 on Brickset too now, we're just missing 60348 and 60349.

2 minutes ago, icm said:

It's the meatball on the top of the rocket, and the worm on the sides of the boosters.  There are actually pictures of 60350 on Brickset too now, we're just missing 60348 and 60349.

Oh goodie, I just gotten to the rest of the images.  Black beehives as the nozzle of the RS-25 engines!

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

I know they dont want their products to look violent.... but this is reaching DUPLO levels now

Crooks wearing giantic ice cream costumes.... and another one throwing eggs.... 

This is almost the Hamburglar now

40 minutes ago, icm said:

ICYDK: Not long ago this would have been against NASA's graphic standards but they revised them to reintroduce the Worm logo. The Meatball on the capsule and Worm on the boosters is accurate placement for the Artemis program.

I do find it odd to have NASA branded sets coexisting with City Space sets BUT I suppose it makes sense given the rise in private space companies. I suppose City Space is the Space X (eyeroll) of Legoland.

29 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I know they dont want their products to look violent.... but this is reaching DUPLO levels now

Crooks wearing giantic ice cream costumes.... and another one throwing eggs.... 

This is almost the Hamburglar now

:roflmao:   hamburglar, very good! Perhaps another hideout is already planned by Lego.

The bank and school sets will have this blue bicycle path (oh yeah) which will be cool extension to the 60306 shopping street

Edited by fo4saken

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But personally, I’m pretty impressed that there is a Freindsified big cat mold too. It’s a nice step for Freinds.

If they ever do another Raya set, it'd be nice to use the new mold for Namaari's serlot. She's supposed to ride the cat, so it was rather disappointing that the existing set used the housecat mold.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You do understand that Friends is System right? :laugh:

I think it looks good and would fit in fine. Depends on how the body is which we can' really see.

6 hours ago, SWC0llect0r said:

Agreed, friends designs are way better than city now, i just can't get over the bright colors to integrate them into my city unfortunately.

Understandable - when I build my town, I need to pick the Friends sets really smarts to mix with my town/city. And locate in the right position, it's not easy at all 

Looking at the City series design over the past few years, I wonder if the TLG is falling into a similar trap as in the early 2000s (at least for some of their offerings).

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

I do like how they made the City sets to join up to one another now, always wondered why there wasn't more of that.

Funny but I looked at all the sets before reading everyone's opinions and for the most part are quite pleased with the whole wave, more than usual in fact and pretty much agree with what has already been said by others, that seem to like the sets.

What does surprise me though is how many don't seem to care for most of the sets. Makes me wonder if I'm crazy, lol, oh well, I might change my mind after I build a couple of them.

Definitely picking up the space set's though, hopefully many don't care for these sets, I may actually be able to find them, lol.

I think i’ll get the ice cream truck with the ice gangsters, the picnic set and maybe bricklinking the green ice gangster. 
i like the bank heist and the sardine building as well. Lots of play value in both sets.  

I love the new space station launch centre, in my opinion its the best so far and I am glad to see they have returned to realism after the last space launch site sets

I really like the new rescue helicopter. It and the hospital are must buys for me. The lifeguard station is nice, great to see the dual moulded short legs.

The ice cream crooks are odd, but the shooting function can be covered over and otherwise its a nice set.

Absolutely love the sardine factory set. The shipping container is great, the building (minus the 4+ flames) looks great.

I was concerned last year that city is heading on a downward spiral, but while the police sets are bad the rest of teh wave has blown it out of the water.

3 hours ago, icm said:

60343 doesn't appear to be there either, hopefully it'll be up soon.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

You do understand that Friends is System right? :laugh:

Sure do. And I don’t collect Freinds animals. I prefer “normal” lego animals. You see, that new Freindsified tiger mold may be more rounded than the City tiger one (2018). I am not sure about the Freinds tiger’s eye prints tho but of course it means to be Princess Jasmine’s tiger pet. 

I will wait for a perfect City tiger (with stripees printed down back). 

I think the hospital set has got promise, maybe can be modded to a modular,  Whilst i love the double wide doors on the fire station, its design is a bit meh.  Mind you, I expect them to be quite expensive as they have the fairly new road plates in them.

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Sure do. And I don’t collect Freinds animals. I prefer “normal” lego animals. You see, that new Freindsified tiger mold may be more rounded than the City tiger one (2018). I am not sure about the Freinds tiger’s eye prints tho but of course it means to be Princess Jasmine’s tiger pet. 

I will wait for a perfect City tiger (with stripees printed down back). 

I buy knockoff animals, they look the same so I'm not picky. :)

19 minutes ago, ZorixPL said:

Lego City go to DUPLO

Lego Friend go to City 

paradox 

the Lego train will be ??

What do you mean?

33 minutes ago, ZorixPL said:

Lego City go to DUPLO

Lego Friend go to City 

paradox 

the Lego train will be ??

I love what you say.. that's exactly what I chatted with my another Lego AFOL fans last night.

Getting more and more horrible in City.

Do they forget the dark age for Lego Town in late 90s? I believe they really forget it 

Edited by bright22

5 minutes ago, bright22 said:

I love what you say.. that's exactly what I chatted with my another Lego AFOL fans last night.

Getting more and more horrible in City.

Do they forget the dark age for Lego Town in late 90s? I believe they really forget it 

Lego Comapny was bankrupt, when they did Jack Stone and 4 Juniors 

they said that they do not it would to make a mistake this again

but... 

what goes around ... comes around

1 minute ago, ZorixPL said:

Lego Comapny was bankrupt, when they did Jack Stone and 4 Juniors 

they said that they do not it would to make a mistake this again

but... 

what goes around ... comes around

yes, and keep reminding to everyone,

I am not expecting the City series is completed with "Creator Modular". Creator Modular is completely different style of buildings, concept, etc compare to the City Series

I am expecting City series is City series (could be playable for 7s like when we were kids).. like at what they have been restarted the city series again around 2007/2008. those products were for 5s to 7s kids..... Am I expected too much? Why do they drop the standard of City series so horribly? Especially since about 5 years ago.. when they started to release Police series (ugly products too) every years...