Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

I actually kinda like the school set. The bus and building seem like fixer uppers to me. I knew the school wasn't going to be that big so I wasn't disappointed in that. I can add a darn roof for Pete's sake. The only disappointment I have would probably be the bus. The fact that it's opened wheeled in the back instead of given fenders to represent wheel docks. I would've added more windows to the drivers seat. I would also replace that grey bumper with a nice black one instead like you see on one's around here. I'm also making plans to change the "School Bus" sign to yellow. So these are disappointments. But not ones that I'd hold on to as I can fix these disappointments. 

MODDING POWERS ACTIVATED!!!!!!!!

But to the goods about this set, They said it's supposed to be American styled. As a person who has ridden the school bus loads of times, I can say that they almost got it right. It sorta reminds me of an American alternative education school bus. I think that's what they were trying to go for with the backside wheelchair lift. I can kinda understand why they didn't do it from the side. :laugh:  The school building actually looks pretty decent to me. I definaly love the colors. I'm also excited that this includes the civilian versions of Billy and Madison, Freya's nephew and Freck's assistants daughter from LCA. I'm kinda disappointed that the professor wasn't included as I feel he would've fit it in this set perfectly. Cmon Lego. Can you please make his minifigure? 

But overall, I give this set a B. 

2 minutes ago, LCP said:

Lego 60351 is revealed!

Ok! This is a buy for me. 

51 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

Remember that all these sets are designed for kids, not for the adults. Plus, there is school itself, bus and 7 minifigs for known price. They just wanted to push lots of things in one set at the cost of brick pieces. I guess it would be too much if this set would have 700+ pieces and 99€. 

I never look at a set from a kid/adult only perspective. I want sets to look nice and complete. The buildings from the 80'/90's sets (before my time but I played with them in kindergarten) were really simple, but gave you a finished feeling (cars had doors etc.) In real life there's good design and (mostly) bad design that is surrounding us. It's not always a question of money, or in our case Lego pieces, but just the thought behind it. And honestly I wouldn't like to go to a school looking like that.

Though I'm not fond of the Friends line, I think they have more original ideas lately, as others mentioned before me; and the Friends sets look to be better executed too.

Because of my financial situation, price comparison is also important. The upcoming 60320 fire station has 540 pcs / 60€; the school 433 pcs / 60€. I just can see no justification in that.

1 minute ago, brimbolet said:

Because of my financial situation, price comparison is also important. The upcoming 60320 fire station has 540 pcs / 60€; the school 433 pcs / 60€. I just can see no justification in that.

This 100%. Sometimes the pricing is insane. The horse transport is supposed to be 30 Euro (Or pounds?) and $40USD. That's insane, it's a $25 set. Same with the little beach scene and this years skater park. I'll go spent my money on friends which have mostly full builds (some roofs missing) than meh overpriced City builds.

No one answered me on how much the moon base is but it's at least $100USD, then the rocket is $170. That's as much as NinjaGo City set or Assembly Square. 

1 hour ago, fo4saken said:

Remember that all these sets are designed for kids, not for the adults. Plus, there is school itself, bus and 7 minifigs for known price. They just wanted to push lots of things in one set at the cost of brick pieces. I guess it would be too much if this set would have 700+ pieces and 99€. 

I appreciate the target market here but when you compare the current designs to those released 4 or 5 years ago there is an obvious decline. The vehicles are less realistic and most look half baked. The forced character themes are repetitive and unnecessary. How many heist-focused sets do we need?

60351 looks like a fun playset and a good model of SLS, but it doesn't look like $170.  Only 1010 pieces for that price?  I'd normally say a rocket like that would be a must-buy, but I think I'm going to wait for a steep discount on this one.  I can see that as a $120 set, given the usual high PPP of City and the fact that it has the new rocket cockpit piece in dark orange and the observatory dome pieces, but no way is that $170.  The 60229 from 2019 had a lot more "volume of stuff" and 1050 pieces for $150, and it was still way overpriced.

33 minutes ago, Maple said:

No one answered me on how much the moon base is but it's at least $100USD, then the rocket is $170. That's as much as NinjaGo City set or Assembly Square. 

It's officially on Lego.com $119.99 / 786 pcs / 1st March 2022

Edited by brimbolet

14 minutes ago, icm said:

60351 looks like a fun playset and a good model of SLS, but it doesn't look like $170.  Only 1010 pieces for that price?  I'd normally say a rocket like that would be a must-buy, but I think I'm going to wait for a steep discount on this one.  I can see that as a $120 set, given the usual high PPP of City and the fact that it has the new rocket cockpit piece in dark orange and the observatory dome pieces, but no way is that $170.  The 60229 from 2019 had a lot more "volume of stuff" and 1050 pieces for $150, and it was still way overpriced.

$150 I think would be fair, $120 isn't. There was 60080 from 2015. It was just a shuttle, 586 pieces and $120. That was insane. I feel 60229 is actually more overpriced than this new set. The buildings were a mess, the vehicle was just kay but the rocket was amazing. I got it for $78 new, it was only missing the 16x16 grey baseplate. The Main Street set has 1500 pieces and is $200. I feel there is less in that set than this rocket. Frankly I don't think any normal theme sets should have sets over $150. 

Thank you brimbolet. So it is nearly $300 for the two sets... yikes...

The school, fire and police stations being the same price is just weird LEGO pricing to me. Save $10 and get the Friends school.

Edited by Maple

The school is 69.99$ / 433 pcs / 1st January 2022

The rocket launch center is 149.99$ / 1010 pcs / 1st March 2022

Police station 69.99$ / 668 pcs

225 (!) pieces more than the school  :ugh:

Someone else has probably pointed it out already, but the helicopters have a new nose piece that uses the same dual-molding process as in the 60262 Passenger Jet for larger windows than in the old City helicopter nose piece.

I’m too excite about animals!

All i see is: kittens, tan turtle (Recolored green sea turtle from CMF), squirrels. Do I forget something else? 

Now I am more curious about summer wave’s subteheme. :) 

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m too excite about animals!

All i see is: kittens, tan turtle (Recolored green sea turtle from CMF), squirrels. Do I forget something else? 

Now I am more curious about summer wave’s subteheme. :) 

There is a new tiger in a Disney set.

While most of them are pretty much close remakes of city sets that just got retired, I like them. They are kind of <insert that tiresome argument> a little bit but kids like these kinds of play features. 

The school is really disappointing though. Would prefer it to be a bit bigger, but I guess they didn't think a $100+ price point was realistic. 

1 hour ago, LCP said:

Lego 60351 is revealed!

The City Space 2022 line continues to impress - that observatory/tracking station looks good!  I do wish the quarter-dome hinge is a bit more subtle from the outside though.  The SLS rocket analog is wayy off-scale relative to the minifigs.

And yes, the squirrels will be populating my modulars soon :)  I wish they create a white version as well - there is a well-documented community of white squirels in my city.

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

27 minutes ago, Maple said:

There is a new tiger in a Disney set.

Well, is it more Freinds than City…? 

21 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Are You sure it's not 6studs? The front window looks more than 2studs to me.

It's 4 studs wide.

I love the Fire and Police station style even while the buildings aren't huge they have some earlier City / Town feel to it due to the road plates and angled windows.

Beach outpost and picnic are very cool as well considering it's City.

The Ice Cream truck set is pretty unique for a criminal vehicle, especially the figures.

Moon Base is amazing for sure.

I think not all is terrible in terms of pricing however, especially the €10-€30 segment.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

It's 4 studs wide.

You were right. An easy skip for me.

I see that something can be attached to the rocket from the biggest space set. I wonder how that will look like.

7 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

You were right. An easy skip for me.

I see that something can be attached to the rocket from the biggest space set. I wonder how that will look like.

Maybe a space shuttle ;)

That hospital is great, and I could see some really good potential combining with the older 60204.

I think that's all I am looking to get here. Though the dome panel pieces in the two space sets have a lot of potential for MOCs. Pity they are in white and trans-blue, instead of trans-clear. Hopefully a trans-clear version comes along.

Finaly a yellow bicycle for my postman. I've waited a decade - at least

Edited by vclarke

Wow, this is the first time I’ve really had multiple City sets on my wanted list in years. The City and Fire stuff is mostly boring, but even they have some standouts. I like that the crooks are driving around in an ice cream van in 60314 (though no Lego ice cream van will replace The Lego Movie one in my heart :blush:) and I love the storytelling in 60321. There’s a missing cat flyer on the picket fence and the box shows that the cats have to be rescued from the burning sardine factory. You know, because cats like fish? Yeah, it’s kind of on-the-nose but I like it.

As for sets going on my wanted list:

60326 Picnic in the Park: It’s just a cute little set with some cool pieces like the yellow bike. I love the new squirrels and you get two different ones in this set. All three of the torso prints will be new for me  and I especially like the boy’s brown curly hair piece as that looks a lot like how my hair used to look before I started growing it out over the summer.

60327 Horse Transporter: I don’t know if I’ll actually wind up getting this but I’ve always found a lot of the City Great Vehicles (idk if they still use that title anymore) to be very charming. I only have one or two Lego horses in my entire collection and this one looks like a new color! Hopefully this doesn’t end up like the 2020 Safari Van where I said I would get it at some point and now it’s retiring.

60328 Beach Lifeguard Station: I used to have a Lego City Beach Display but I ended up dismantling it. This set kinda makes me want to rebuild it haha. (I still have the builds for the 2012 Marina and 2017 Fun at the Beach sets around somewhere.) All of the figures will be new for me at least and I like the little turtle (with eggs) and lobster that come in this set.

As for other sets, there’s nothing else I’ll be getting most likely but I do have some thoughts on the other sets:
-I love the diverse minifigure selection in the Hospital and I actually kinda dig the structure of the Hospital itself. I’ve been critical of the recent City buildings but this actually doesn’t look half bad.

-It’s cool that we’re finally getting a Lego City School with Bus; too bad I don’t think either look very good. :laugh: Again, I like the diverse minifigure selection here at least.

-I won’t be getting any but the new Lunar subtheme is actually kinda neat looking. 

Hi-res pictures of 60351 are on Brickset, but there aren't any pictures of 60348, 60349, or 60350 yet.  An interesting detail on 60351 is that the rocket has a NASA sticker on it.  This is the first time since the very first Town space shuttle back in 1990 that a Town/City minifig-playscale Space set has explicitly had NASA stickers or printing.  Lego has always been pretty open that Town and City Space is inspired by NASA (Space Shuttle, SLS, etc), but usually the logos on the stickers or prints of the actual sets don't represent any real-world space agency.

Edit, and sure enough as predicted, the astronaut minifigures in 60351 are the same as the minifigures in the Artemis educational promotion that were revealed/leaked some time ago.

Edited by icm