2. 60180 Monster Truck

3. 60186, 60188, Mining stuff

4. 60200, Capital city

5. 60228

6. 60232 Garage Center

7. 60233 Donut Shop

8. 60251 Monster Truck

9. 60253 Ice-cream Truck

10. 60256 Racing Cars - Worst of the worst!

11. 60257 Service Station

12. 60258 Tuning workshop

13. 60280 Fire Ladder Truck

14. 60281: Fire Rescue Helicopter

15. 60282: Fire Command Unit

16. 60288: Race Buggy Transporter

17. 60292: Town Centre

18. 60305: Car Transporter

19. 60306: Shopping Street

Best Lego City sets in recent years

1. 60204 Hospital

2. 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport

3. 60181 Forest Tractor

4. 60179 Ambulance Helicopter

5. 60213 Dock Side Fire

6. 60220 Garbage Truck

7. 60231 Fire Truck

8. 60234 People Pack Fun Fair

9. 60239 Police car

10. 60249 Street Sweeper

11. 60261 Airport

12. 60262 Airport

13. 60263 Ocean mini-submarine

14. 60265 Ocean Exploration Base

15. 60277 Police Patrol Boat

16. 60283: Holiday Camper Van

17. 60284: Roadwork Truck

18. 60285: Sports Car

19. 60286: Beach Rescue ATV

20. 60287: Tractor

21. 60290: Skate Park

22. 60302: Wildlife Rescue Operation

23. 60304: Road Plates

24. 60307: Wildlife Rescue Camp

I think alot of these sets are great just horribly overpriced. I personally like the new police and fire sets.  The tuning shop, hospital, donut shop most of these in my opinion all have good qualities just overpriced and recently over simplified and <insert that tiresome argument>. But 4+ is not redeemable its garbage. Also whats with the insert tired argument thing ?

Edited by toopizza13

8 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

I think alot of these sets are great just horribly overpriced. I personally like the new police and fire sets.  The tuning shop, hospital, donut shop most of these in my opinion all have good qualities just overpriced and recently over simplified and <insert that tiresome argument>. But 4+ is not redeemable its garbage. Also whats with the insert tired argument thing ?

For sets I am not interested in, I don't keep an eye on its price. City Hospital once hit down to approx. $60 (united money) here in local toy shop, it wasn't overpriced at all, it was even underpriced. Donut shop was good only for the Donut remark, other parts are small and separate. The only set I agree that it's highly overpriced is the garbage truck released in recent years 

15 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Bit harsh.  I understand the police thing - it’s definitely got progressively worse the past few years - but this list is all compared to previous versions.  I agree with a number of these, but there are others which I’ve seen in use, and they are insanely popular with children.  Tuning Workshop is actually a really pretty good set, so is Capital City, and the collection of many features in thesemakes for many imaginary scenes.  The ice cream truck’s pretty good too - even if the thing on top ain’t great, it’s a good fun vehicle, and also looks great next to the pizza van from a few years back.  I personally hope we get more food trucks in the future.  Fish and chips would be quality.

Ice cream truck is bad because it has too many stickers that they can wear off easily and quickly after a few regular wiping and cleaning. I don't like to bother buying individual stickers online I really don't like this, bricks could last a long long time, but how many copies of the stickers will I need? So I never put on stickers and they are just put away.

Edited by ks6349

21 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Worst Lego City sets in recent years.

1. All police sets

Best Lego City sets in recent years

9. 60239 Police car

15. 60277 Police Patrol Boat

(list pared down a bit for clarity on the issue)

All police sets are bad, yet these two are good? I'm terribly confused! :wacko:

14 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

I agree! They're overpriced, but these sets have a bunch of potential. Bro! With added bricks, you can convert the ice cream truck to a literal stand. I did it once and it looked marvelous. Capital City, despite not having a capital building, was actually pretty good for what it was worth. Can fit in anyone's table town. Same with the tuning workshop (one of my favorites) and the service station - two of which are also upgradable. 

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

(list pared down a bit for clarity on the issue)

All police sets are bad, yet these two are good? I'm terribly confused! :wacko:

except these two

50 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I agree! They're overpriced, but these sets have a bunch of potential. Bro! With added bricks, you can convert the ice cream truck to a literal stand. I did it once and it looked marvelous. Capital City, despite not having a capital building, was actually pretty good for what it was worth. Can fit in anyone's table town. Same with the tuning workshop (one of my favorites) and the service station - two of which are also upgradable. 

someone local offered me 60185 for approx. $10 (usd), Oh, my god I got it for $20, what a big loss! yes, some sets are really overpriced but I don't know how those people could get it this cheap they are individuals, not a big supplier

Edited by ks6349

I get the rather large sense of frustration in this list, and its responses.  I tend to feel some sets are overprice because they contain a number of large, mostly unique pieces, that don’t have much re-use-ability, such as the ocean explorer sets, or coast guards.  These tend to only hit my collection if they’re seriously discounted (35% or more off) and I’d never buy them for a child unless they were desperately into that theme.

39 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

I get the rather large sense of frustration in this list, and its responses.  I tend to feel some sets are overprice because they contain a number of large, mostly unique pieces, that don’t have much re-use-ability, such as the ocean explorer sets, or coast guards.  These tend to only hit my collection if they’re seriously discounted (35% or more off) and I’d never buy them for a child unless they were desperately into that theme.

I can see where the ocean explorer and space mission sets are fun for a kid. But they and the new animal rescue stuff are kind of hard to shoehorn into your "City". The Coast Guard or any of the boat sets aren't as bad because they work well if you have space for a harbor. And they don't have as many task specific parts. Heck those ships bridge windows would probably be a good element for a Baxter Building MOC to go along with the Daily Bugle. 

On 9/8/2021 at 4:14 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Bit harsh.  I understand the police thing - it’s definitely got progressively worse the past few years - but this list is all compared to previous versions.  I agree with a number of these, but there are others which I’ve seen in use, and they are insanely popular with children.  Tuning Workshop is actually a really pretty good set, so is Capital City, and the collection of many features in thesemakes for many imaginary scenes.  The ice cream truck’s pretty good too - even if the thing on top ain’t great, it’s a good fun vehicle, and also looks great next to the pizza van from a few years back.  I personally hope we get more food trucks in the future.  Fish and chips would be quality.

I hate the ice-cream truck because it has too many stickers. I understand cost of printed bricks are higher but Lego isn't priced cheap, I just hate stickers and I would never understand those who protest for stickers. Sticker is wrong and wrong is wrong. No excuse.

Edited by ks6349

5 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I hate the ice-cream truck because it has too many stickers. I understand cost of printed bricks are higher but Lego isn't priced cheap, I just hate stickers and I would never understand those who protest for stickers. Sticker is wrong and wrong is wrong. No excuse.

The stickers aren't a factor of cost. At least not as much of one as we make out. Remember City sets are targeted mainly at Kids. And the Kids unlike we AFOL's view the stickers as a fun and important part of the experience. They like stickers and like applying stickers. Sometimes you have to give your primary target audience what they want. 

1 hour ago, Faefrost said:

The stickers aren't a factor of cost. At least not as much of one as we make out. Remember City sets are targeted mainly at Kids. And the Kids unlike we AFOL's view the stickers as a fun and important part of the experience. They like stickers and like applying stickers. Sometimes you have to give your primary target audience what they want. 

If  stickers aren't a factor of cost (as you said), then many things aren't a factor of cost, then they can make two versions, one for kids who like to apply stickers, another one for kids or adults who dislike stickers. Making two versions will never increase the cost, it is only creating another box and putting other bricks like doing another set. But why not now?? Because it's just about cost.

Edited by ks6349

Is there rumor that kind of horse transporter like lego 763551a2qW4v8AL._AC_SX425_.jpgwill be released early next year??

Edited by ks6349

Next City Advent Calendar (for 2022 only), I would hope it comes with a perfect snowman, such as a new “ball” part for snowman’s bottom section. 

I really don’t mind a normal minifigure torso with new stick arms. I just don’t like how blocky the snowman’s body was. So ugly. 

Surely, it may not show up in City but it may show up in seasonal set or whatever. 

On 9/10/2021 at 10:24 PM, Faefrost said:

I think that's just Lego PR. I was a kid once. I hated stickers then too.

If kids like stickers so much, why aren't torso prints stickers? Why are we denying these kids all that fun they could be having?

I never liked stickers on LEGO parts, no matter the age, kids might just not be perfectionist as AFOL in terms of preserving sticker quality/alignment.

As a kid I never worried much about putting 10+ sets into a big pile of bricks , but if a sticker was dirty/peeling or not aligned I didn't like it .

When I came back to LEGO in 2016 I didn't like stickers still, now in 2021 it's a little less dislike as I learned applying them with a bit of (dish)soap water a while ago, which tends to get better results then applying them dry and risk damage/fingerprint etc trying to apply/correct them, the water also reduces airbubbles and dust under a sticker somewhat (if the water is clean) and allows sliding them a bit after, and then using tissue paper to soak up most water to fix it into place.

As for City 2022, seems the Horse Trailer will be rumoured at €29,99, here's hoping there will be more then 1 horse for that budget.

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

As for City 2022, seems the Horse Trailer will be rumoured at €29,99, here's hoping there will be more then 1 horse for that budget.

The reindeer battle-pack comes with 4 big animals and cost only 7 euro/dollars more, so I expect more then one horse now, with all the animals we have gotten this year as well I hope the train keeps rolling (do I even dare start hoping for an updated foal mould:blush:):moar:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

The reindeer battle-pack comes with 4 big animals and cost only 7 euro/dollars more, so I expect more then one horse now, with all the animals we have gotten this year as well I hope the train keeps rolling (do I even dare start hoping for an updated foal mould:blush:):moar:

With the 1x1 bracket pieces, saddles aren't even that big of a deal anymore, but still would be nice to see as well, but yeah, 4 Reindeer for €40 (NL) pricing is still a fantastic set.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 9/14/2021 at 8:45 AM, fo4saken said:

Gosh, I really can't wait for the preliminary images. RUBBING HANDS mode ON :excited:

I'm prepared to see blurry box images and preliminary images from the confidential catalog :moar:

15 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I'm prepared to see blurry box images and preliminary images from the confidential catalog :moar:

Me too.

16 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I’m not sure about blurry box images, it may be fake. But prelimary images would be great!

If the new City sets are scheduled to be released in January 2022, it would take 3 months in production. It means… October 1 they will start production. 

On 9/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, Roebuck said:

I have been wondering about one horse and one updated foal in that set. :classic:

13 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure about blurry box images, it may be fake. But prelimary images would be great!

If the new City sets are scheduled to be released in January 2022, it would take 3 months in production. It means… October 1 they will start production. 

I have been wondering about one horse and one updated foal in that set. :classic:

And if I'm not mistaken, we should some leak very soon :pir-laugh:

any leaks for the halloween seasonal this year? (sorry if this is the wrong thread, im not sure where this theme goes)