Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

The most annoying thing about the 4+ line since 2019 is that in 4 years, 4 out of 5 Construction vehicle sets have been 4+ (counting the 2019 Garbage Truck as construction) .

Ikr! It seems like almost every construction vehicle is 4+ nowadays. I'm guess they just sell better with preschoolers than the primary audiences (age 6 to 12).

Edited by Poodabricks

I'm looking forward to seeing the hospital, especially knowing that the helicopter will be enclosed (not the incomplete things we normally get), the design sounds quite good, I just hope it has a proper ward with more than the one bed this time!

Lego promised us with My City a new building experience, where children will be able to expand their town freely. One year later I don’t see much of it honestly. The focus is still primarily on vehicles and buildings are the exception. E.g. we get an ice cream truck, but not an ice cream parlor.

Certainly it’s good to see for the first time a school, and after some pause a hospital, but sets like these (+ construction, farm, zoo) should be available all the time. Shame that practically all the cheap sets are 4+. 

Let’s wait for the first pics, but I keep my hopes low for something fresh and exciting at the start of the new year. 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

@brimbolet Yeah! That annoys me too! But I guess farming, zoology and construction vehicles just do better with pre-school aged children. 

Yeah I agree with brimbodet too! No farm for tractor either…. 

Vehicles should not be focused too much.

I’m super interested in farming and zoo sets if designers are planning to do so! Ugh, I will keep my hope low.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah I agree with brimbodet too! No farm for tractor either…. 

Vehicles should not be focused too much.

I’m super interested in farming and zoo sets if designers are planning to do so! Ugh, I will keep my hope low.

I definitely agree there. City should be about what it's name suggests: City building. Lego has enough action themes to flourish for a lifetime plus they're a billion dollar company. City should be that unique theme where the primary focus is on town planning. Vehicles of course can still be in the theme as children will need vehicles for their towns. Because what's a town without police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, garbage trucks, tow trucks and buses? Maybe even some civilian cars. But you're right, it shouldn't be too vehicle focused.

Now as far as farming is concerned, if they could do a farm set with some dirt road plates, I'd buy immediately. Same with the zoo sets. Construction sets would definitely need road plates as it can provide something to build. Could be a good opportunity to make a bridge  road plate or a turning road plate. 

Edited by Poodabricks

2 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I definitely agree there. City should be about what it's name suggests: City building. Lego has enough action themes to flourish for a lifetime plus they're a billion dollar company. City should be that unique theme where the primary focus is on town planning. Vehicles of course can still be in the theme as children will need vehicles for their towns. But you're right, it shouldn't be too vehicle focused. Because what's a town without police cars, fire trucks, race cars and buses? 

Now as far as farming is concerned, if they could do a farm set with some dirt road plates, I'd buy immediately. Same with the zoo sets. Construction sets would definitely need road plates as it can provide something to build. Could be a good opportunity to make a bridge  road plate or a turning road plate. 

Not a bad idea 

13 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I definitely agree there. City should be about what it's name suggests: City building. Lego has enough action themes to flourish for a lifetime plus they're a billion dollar company. City should be that unique theme where the primary focus is on town planning. Vehicles of course can still be in the theme as children will need vehicles for their towns. But you're right, it shouldn't be too vehicle focused. Because what's a town without police cars, fire trucks, race cars and buses? 

BINGO! I could not agree more! Town planning allow chilren’s imgination to grow  as they build buildings, roads, and vehicles. 

Hey that’s a great idea! I like the idea of dirty road plates for farm and zoo. And bridge! That’s a great idea!  That bridge should come with river/creek. And construction sets should come with some damaged road plates like some crack-printed road plates (or printed tiles). 

Problem is that to make a decent building prices would be prohibitive for families, even more so than they are already. All these MyCity sets are pretty expensive, most people won't buy 3, 4, 5 of these sets to combine them to a town, especially if only some City buildings are immediately compatible.

And for people wishing special road plates in farm or zoo sets, that's basically the worst thing that could happen to such sets, because these roadplates make the sets even more expensive. Throw in more animals/minifigs and bigger buildings and cut the plates or lower the price point.

Edited by rzmpf

On 9/3/2021 at 10:52 PM, LCP said:

The product I expect the most is 60315.
It's because it's been a while since Tuk Tuk came out on City.

I think they have been amortizing the "Cargo Bicycle" molds as much as they can in the past three years. But as for TukTuk's, you got me thinking. Have we only ever gotten the one in a City Set? The Ice Cream Vendor TukTuk from 60200 Capital City? The Police TukTuk came from a Ninjago movie set. There is the Noddle Cart Tuktuk in Monkey Kid. The Little Blue and Yellow Banana Delivery one was from a DC Super Heroes set. Am I missing any? Besides the Creator one?

2 hours ago, Faefrost said:

I think they have been amortizing the "Cargo Bicycle" molds as much as they can in the past three years. But as for TukTuk's, you got me thinking. Have we only ever gotten the one in a City Set? The Ice Cream Vendor TukTuk from 60200 Capital City? The Police TukTuk came from a Ninjago movie set. There is the Noddle Cart Tuktuk in Monkey Kid. The Little Blue and Yellow Banana Delivery one was from a DC Super Heroes set. Am I missing any? Besides the Creator one?

No I think that’s all of them. There’s a list of them on Brickset under the tag Rickshaw.

There is no mention, but if the 60312 police car is 51 pieces, I think it is also a 4-year-old baby's product.

4 minutes ago, LCP said:

There is no mention, but if the 60312 police car is 51 pieces, I think it is also a 4-year-old baby's product.

Promobricks did not said that it was a 4+, I personally believe that 60312 is going to be a recreation of the 7236 with a modern look

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Promobricks did not said that it was a 4+, I personally believe that 60312 is going to be a recreation of the 7236 with a modern look

Or a simpler version of 60239.

Good to hear we are getting more diverse city sets with finally a school so maybe a shopping mall one day?

I will be interested in this tuna cannery that's on fire I wonder if it's a rehash of that explosives factory? 

2 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

Good to hear we are getting more diverse city sets with finally a school so maybe a shopping mall one day?

I will be interested in this tuna cannery that's on fire I wonder if it's a rehash of that explosives factory? 

This has 3 levels unlike the crook's hideout, it will most likely be a blue building with a similar look to 60216

12 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Perhaps someone was misquoted and the amount of pieces is wrong? The skater car polybag has 40 pieces, how 11 additional elements can improve a set like this I honestly don't know.

And 7236 had 59 pieces 

38 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

And 7236 had 59 pieces 

Just looked the set you mention up. The car was 4 studs wide. I really wonder now if we can expect major changes in car design, if the rumored informations are true. E.g. 433 elements for the 2 storey school with bus, bus stop, playground and road... they'll have to make concessions somewhere.

3 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Just looked the set you mention up. The car was 4 studs wide. I really wonder now if we can expect major changes in car design, if the rumored informations are true. E.g. 433 elements for the 2 storey school with bus, bus stop, playground and road... they'll have to make concessions somewhere.

The thing is, with their new roads they might go back to more 4-stud-wide city cars (and to keep their pricepoint).

If you go by piececount, the school set will only have 45 pieces more than the Modern Family Home 60291, so it will hardly be some nice school building, more something built from many panels as walls and windows and a pretty small interior.

The bus won't be something nice, the bus from 60154 surely had 200 pieces, this one will come in at 100-130 at maximum? I would be very surprised if it was bigger and more detailed than that. Maybe more of a yellow van than a real bus.

7 minutes ago, rzmpf said:

The bus won't be something nice, the bus from 60154 surely had 200 pieces, this one will come in at 100-130 at maximum? I would be very surprised if it was bigger and more detailed than that. Maybe more of a yellow van than a real bus.

Actually according to the person who put the description up, the bus will be American style, meaning it'll likely have a similar front fascia to the the tractor part of the 60282 Fire Commmand Unit, if not in a much simpler look. Its going to be an actual bus just like the ones you'd see in the streets if you live in the United States. Just because the set has less pieces, doesn't usually mean its not detailed. Lego actually has that skill of working with the piece count and making it more detailed than you think. 

10 minutes ago, rzmpf said:

The thing is, with their new roads they might go back to more 4-stud-wide city cars (and to keep their pricepoint).

That or the car itself may be some similar to the car from the 60270 Police Brick Box. That one holds less than 51 pieces. I did a count. 

12 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Again, the number of bricks in World City 7030 was 51, so I don't think it's Junior.

Worst Lego City sets in recent years.

1. All police sets

2. 60180 Monster Truck

3. 60186, 60188, Mining stuff

4. 60200, Capital city

5. 60228

6. 60232 Garage Center

7. 60233 Donut Shop

8. 60251 Monster Truck

9. 60253 Ice-cream Truck

10. 60256 Racing Cars - Worst of the worst!

11. 60257 Service Station

12. 60258 Tuning workshop

13. 60280 Fire Ladder Truck

14. 60281: Fire Rescue Helicopter

15. 60282: Fire Command Unit

16. 60288: Race Buggy Transporter

17. 60292: Town Centre

18. 60305: Car Transporter

19. 60306: Shopping Street

Best Lego City sets in recent years

1. 60204 Hospital

2. 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport

3. 60181 Forest Tractor

4. 60179 Ambulance Helicopter

5. 60213 Dock Side Fire

6. 60220 Garbage Truck

7. 60231 Fire Truck

8. 60234 People Pack Fun Fair

9. 60239 Police car

10. 60249 Street Sweeper

11. 60261 Airport

12. 60262 Airport

13. 60263 Ocean mini-submarine

14. 60265 Ocean Exploration Base

15. 60277 Police Patrol Boat

16. 60283: Holiday Camper Van

17. 60284: Roadwork Truck

18. 60285: Sports Car

19. 60286: Beach Rescue ATV

20. 60287: Tractor

21. 60290: Skate Park

22. 60302: Wildlife Rescue Operation

23. 60304: Road Plates

24. 60307: Wildlife Rescue Camp

3 hours ago, ks6349 said:

1. All police sets

2. 60180 Monster Truck

4. 60200, Capital city

5. 60228

6. 60232 Garage Center

7. 60233 Donut Shop

8. 60251 Monster Truck

9. 60253 Ice-cream Truck

Bit harsh.  I understand the police thing - it’s definitely got progressively worse the past few years - but this list is all compared to previous versions.  I agree with a number of these, but there are others which I’ve seen in use, and they are insanely popular with children.  Tuning Workshop is actually a really pretty good set, so is Capital City, and the collection of many features in thesemakes for many imaginary scenes.  The ice cream truck’s pretty good too - even if the thing on top ain’t great, it’s a good fun vehicle, and also looks great next to the pizza van from a few years back.  I personally hope we get more food trucks in the future.  Fish and chips would be quality.

6 hours ago, ks6349 said:

1. All police sets

2. 60180 Monster Truck

4. 60200, Capital city

5. 60228

6. 60232 Garage Center

7. 60233 Donut Shop

8. 60251 Monster Truck

9. 60253 Ice-cream Truck

Best Lego City sets in recent years

1. 60204 Hospital

2. 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport

3. 60181 Forest Tractor

4. 60179 Ambulance Helicopter

5. 60213 Dock Side Fire

6. 60220 Garbage Truck

7. 60231 Fire Truck

8. 60234 People Pack Fun Fair

9. 60239 Police car

10. 60249 Street Sweeper

11. 60261 Airport

12. 60262 Airport

13. 60263 Ocean mini-submarine

14. 60265 Ocean Exploration Base

15. 60277 Police Patrol Boat

16. 60283: Holiday Camper Van

17. 60284: Roadwork Truck

18. 60285: Sports Car

19. 60286: Beach Rescue ATV

20. 60287: Tractor

21. 60290: Skate Park

22. 60302: Wildlife Rescue Operation

23. 60304: Road Plates

24. 60307: Wildlife Rescue Camp

I'm honestly curious what you actually look for to determine a good set from a bad one? I would place the Tuning Workshop as a fantastic set. It has well made, different and compelling cars. A nice solidly built workshop with some nice detail minibuilds, and some really cool and distinct minifigs, plus a fairly rare dog. It's a set that isn't dumbed down for adults but has enormous play value for kids. The Racing Cars set you describe as the worst of the worst is a near perfect low cost set for play. It's a 2 for 1 set. 2 cars 2 separate builds, you give one to each kid and let them race each other. Simple, basic and fun. Whereas you like the Ocean Mini Sub? It's a 4+ Tie Fighter Cockpit in Yellow.