Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

31 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Right? Like you could probably look at a Lego school bus and be like "It's would sell better under Great Vehicles!". Btw, hat tips to whoever thought of that subtheme at Lego. I really appreciate it. A great chance to get standalone vehicles. 

Right, dude?! I don’t understand why the designers decide school buidling and school bus go into one set but the piece count is really odd…

I think School Bus goes under Great Vehicles subtheme totally makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Right, dude?! I don’t understand why the designers decide school buidling and school bus go into one set but the piece count is really odd…

I think the reason for the bus being part of the school set might be, a better way to get all the things you need to have a complete school in just one set

10 minutes ago, LCP said:

I don't know why so many 4-year-old baby products come out.

I hope they end this soon, the 4+ sets had ruined great themes, like avengers, star wars and of course city 

3 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I hope they end this soon, the 4+ sets had ruined great themes, like avengers, star wars and of course city 

You're right.
The ice cream truck chase will probably have characters like ice, cream, and trucks.
The cement truck must be a 4-year-old baby's product in terms of the number of bricks.

12 minutes ago, LCP said:

The cement truck must be a 4-year-old baby's product in terms of the number of bricks.

It will basically look like 60220 and 60280

As for those minifigures for the ice cream van, I agree with you BUT Promobricks say the set just have 2 minifigures, but they are possibly (maybe not) showing details about images from the upcoming preliminary catalog, just like last year

11 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

It will basically look like 60220 and 60280

As for those minifigures for the ice cream van, I agree with you BUT Promobricks say the set just have 2 minifigures, but they are possibly (maybe not) showing details about images from the upcoming preliminary catalog, just like last year

I see.
I just saw the information on the app and there's only two.

I’m a bit out of the loop when it comes to the City theme - if the hospital and school are branded “My City” does that mean they come with the new brick built roads? Or will ALL their bricks be dedicated to the buildings and vehicles?

The new police car must either be small or 4+, only 51 pieces compared to the 92 pieces of 60239. And 60239 is a great set, so now I have doubts that its successor will be as good.

The new Mobile Command sounds interesting, same price as the old one, one less minifig but 60 more pieces.

The product I expect the most is 60315.
It's because it's been a while since Tuk Tuk came out on City.

9 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

I’m a bit out of the loop when it comes to the City theme - if the hospital and school are branded “My City” does that mean they come with the new brick built roads? Or will ALL their bricks be dedicated to the buildings and vehicles?

All the buildings sets come with roadplates included, ncdad if I heard it right, the Cement Mixer and Crane will include roadplates also

9 hours ago, rzmpf said:

The new police car must either be small or 4+, only 51 pieces compared to the 92 pieces of 60239. And 60239 is a great set, so now I have doubts that its successor will be as good.

The new Mobile Command sounds interesting, same price as the old one, one less minifig but 60 more pieces.

The new police must be a 4 stud wide vehicle, I think it will have a similar design to the skate park car but with a police look

4 hours ago, Cooter said:

Do you think we will have the Turning Action in any of the new set?

Probably not, unless the quad from the upcoming mobile police unit is going to look like 60300, who knows?   :excited:

Rumour of a Cat in the 2022 Fire station set finally would do some justice to this printed tile seen in many sets , including the 2019 fire station.

6218212.jpg

Edit : that's a long time since the 2010/2013 cat in Fire sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Rumour of a Cat in the 2022 Fire station set finally would do some justice to this printed tile seen in many sets , including the 2019 fire station.

6218212.jpg

I know that print is pretty old by now (2014) but there has not been a Fire set with a Cat before.

Sorry but we had a few sets with cats included:7208 and 60001 (I own the latest set) 

I hope we get a better cat this time

10 hours ago, LCP said:

The product I expect the most is 60315.
It's because it's been a while since Tuk Tuk came out on City.

Me too @LCP

I don't know if you remember but I was hoping so MUCH for a mobile police unit, and we are finally getting one, with this new colors added to the latest vehicles and buildings and also  new rims being added to the latest vehicles , this truck will be completely different from the older ones

It's funny that these sets are having completely different vehicles, thank you Lego for not doing lame red vehicles this time 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

4 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Sorry but we had a few sets with cats included:7208 and 60001 (I own the latest set) 

I hope we get a better cat this time

Ok I was wrong there but still, 2010 and 2013 was really long time ago and that printed tile has been used  since.

I don't keep track of every detail of City sets between 2001-2016 much as I didn't collect LEGO at that time.

I only started collecting City after 2018.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Ok I was wrong there but still, 2010 and 2013 was really long time ago and that printed tile has been used  since.

I don't keep track of every detail of City sets between 2001-2016 much as I didn't collect LEGO at that time.

Yes, I hope this cat will be more modern

6 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Yes, I hope this cat will be more modern

This cat has been used 9 times in sets from 2015-2021 , last time in City was in 2020 Main Square, but seeing how 2020 and 2021 had multiple dogs with different prints I do hope for a new color, even while I don't have any LEGO cat at the moment.

6182674.jpg

Also hoping the Dogs in 2022 are a bit different from the typical re-used shepherd/dalmatians of recent times.

Edited by TeriXeri

14 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

My guess is that it will look a lot like 60291, only two stories for the building, not very deep, roadplate at the front for the busstop and a very stylized and simplified school bus, so 6 year-olds can play with it.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

This cat has been used 9 times in sets from 2015-2021 , last time in City was in 2020 Main Square, but seeing how 2020 and 2021 had multiple dogs with different prints I do hope for a new color, even while I don't have any LEGO cat at the moment.

6182674.jpg

Also hoping the Dogs in 2022 are a bit different from the typical re-used shepherd/dalmatians of recent times.

Well, I think it may be a time or NEW type of cat mold. We have so MANY types of dog brees, such as bulldog, lab/golden retriever, dachshund, and few more. I think this cat mold needs to have long-haired verison. 

1 hour ago, rzmpf said:

My guess is that it will look a lot like 60291, only two stories for the building, not very deep, roadplate at the front for the busstop and a very stylized and simplified school bus, so 6 year-olds can play with it.

Hmmm…he buidling being not very deep? It doesn’t sound exciting for me to imagine. 

Well, I suppose you may be right. 

22 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m curious about animal figures in some of these new City sets… A Horse Transportor set is very obvious to have animal figure, nod to the set name. 

Maybe a horse or two in a new colour :sweet:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe a horse or two in a new colour :sweet:

Oh yes, I have a same thought! :classic: we may have discussed about it before but I don’t think there would foal (baby hose) in that set for now. 

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh yes, I have a same thought! :classic: we may have discussed about it before but I don’t think there would foal (baby hose) in that set for now. 

You never know with the high City budget, but that is more likely if we ever get a farm/stable subtheme again :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

You never know with the high City budget, but that is more likely if we ever get a farm/stable subtheme again :shrug_oh_well:

Agreed. It ws totally unexpected to see four reindeer in that Winter Village’s sleigh set. We will find out about some animal figure soon. 

I have a hope for Farming or Forest subtheme. :classic:

22 hours ago, LCP said:

I don't know why so many 4-year-old baby products come out.

4+ used to be its own theme back during the mid 2000s. Those sets had this emblem on the box. Other than sales, I don't really get why they felt the need to integrate it into other themes. 

Edited by Poodabricks

The most annoying thing about the 4+ line since 2019 is that in 4 years, 4 out of 5 Construction vehicle sets have been 4+ (counting the 2019 Garbage Truck as construction) .

2018 did have mining but since then there has not been a major construction line since, wish I had picked up more of them.

I don't mind the 4+ vehicles if there are alternatives, like there have been for the Fire/Police trucks and helicopters.

Edited by TeriXeri