Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah i could see easily that Coast Guard subtheme would make a return for 2022. Sorry for confusion - I was talking about a lack of hints for Arctic / Antarctic subtheme. 

True! I don't see Arctic returning anytime soon. The bus in this year's advent calendar was likely a school bus. I wouldn't get excited to think it was a public transit wave. I also bet the hospitsl piece in the calendar prophesied the hospital that was to come in 2022.

Edited by Poodabricks

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

True! I don't see Arctic returning anytime soon. The bus in this year's advent calendar was likely a school bus. I wouldn't get excited to think it was a public transit wave. I also bet the hospitsl piece in the calendar prophesied the hospital that was to come in 2022.

Exactly, so no Arctic/Antarctic Exploration subtheme for 2022 then. 

At least, school bus is still part of public transit service! :) 

I can’t wait to see some prelim pics of hospital this fall or early winter. 

Hey, did we have Desert subtheme before? Just wondering. 

Hey, did we have Desert subtheme before? Just wondering. 

Nah! But we did get a jungle subtheme back in 2017. 

Nah! But we did get a jungle subtheme back in 2017. 

Ah, we never had Desert subtheme then? I know we did have Jungle, Volcano, Arctic, Mining, Space, Ocean. And now we have Wildlife Rescue and Stuntz. 

27 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah, we never had Desert subtheme then? I know we did have Jungle, Volcano, Arctic, Mining, Space, Ocean. And now we have Wildlife Rescue and Stuntz. 

Arctic made a comeback after 4 years (2014-2018), and Deep Sea after 4 as well (2015-2019).  Volcano didn’t, but honestly I think it was the least good by some margin.  Almost entirely vehicles - basically just two volcanoes in the big sets and otherwise nothing except vehicles.  Jungle on the other hand I thought was brilliant.  Stuff like the lookout tower, waterfall, abandoned temple, crashed airplane, and tiger cave.  Far more in terms of landscaping and animals (a key feature of these exploration subthemes in my opinion) but maintaining the vehicles.  It was certainly very popular with young people I know.  4 years would be this year, but obviously it’s not come.  Is that a possibility for the future, even if not in 2022.

50 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Arctic made a comeback after 4 years (2014-2018), and Deep Sea after 4 as well (2015-2019).  Volcano didn’t, but honestly I think it was the least good by some margin.  Almost entirely vehicles - basically just two volcanoes in the big sets and otherwise nothing except vehicles.  Jungle on the other hand I thought was brilliant.  Stuff like the lookout tower, waterfall, abandoned temple, crashed airplane, and tiger cave.  Far more in terms of landscaping and animals (a key feature of these exploration subthemes in my opinion) but maintaining the vehicles.  It was certainly very popular with young people I know.  4 years would be this year, but obviously it’s not come.  Is that a possibility for the future, even if not in 2022.

Hmm… you make a good point about 4 years for subthemes. I haven’t thought of that.  Well, i guess Arctic may be potential for 2022 then. 

And in reality, volcano is usually habitant-less for animals, I think Volcano subtheme was less popular due a lack of animal molds. But I really like these vehicle from that subtheme, in my opinion. 

Somehow I missed Jungle subtheme but I am so glad Wildife Rescue arrived here. Agreed - animifigures are the key features for sure. 

If Artic returns in 2022, I hope we get that rumoured LEGO Orca that never was.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

16 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Arctic made a comeback after 4 years (2014-2018), and Deep Sea after 4 as well (2015-2019).  

Wait a minute, I thought we have Ocean Exploration came out in 2020, not 2019. I only know it was Space subtheme in 2019. And we got Diving Yacht in 2019, I think? 

Just pointing out. :)

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait a minute, I thought we have Ocean Exploration came out in 2020, not 2019. I only know it was Space subtheme in 2019. And we got Diving Yacht in 2019, I think? 

For a new summer subtheme based in nature, I bet it will be forest, now the city theme is receiving a lot of influence from the friends theme, we got school in friends we are getting one next year in city, we got friends wildlife in 2020 and city wildlife this year,so we must get a forest subtheme and a  fun fair subtheme or a coast guard one

Edited by Powered by Bricks

51 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

For a new summer subtheme based in nature, I bet it will be forest, now the city theme is receiving a lot of influence from the friends theme, we got school in friends we are getting one next year in city, we got friends wildlife in 2020 and city wildlife this year,so we must get a forest subtheme and a  fun fair subtheme or a coast guard one

Could be interesting if summer 2022 subtheme was a mix of Arctic and Forest, since most pine Taiga forests have snowy climate in winter and border tundras/glaciers.

Edited by TeriXeri

My mistake, yes.  Though I therefore think a return of jungle in summer 2022 is more likely...

4 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

My mistake, yes.  Though I therefore think a return of jungle in summer 2022 is more likely...

Taiga instead of jungle could be interesting, it's still forest themed, and would fit with a potential arctic wave.

Still has lots of potential animals as well, and kids should know (snowy) Taiga/Mega Taiga from Minecraft and such.

Edited by TeriXeri

39 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Taiga instead of jungle could be interesting, it's still forest themed, and would fit with a potential arctic wave.

Still has lots of potential animals as well, and kids should know (snowy) Taiga/Mega Taiga from Minecraft and such.

Indeed.  Has there been a snow leopard recolour of the big cat mould before?

It would also allow bears, and smaller, less exotic European forest type animals.  I’d love more deer - the reindeer and the stag patronus aren’t really adequate...

As @DBlegonerd7 said, animals are definitely a fundamental part of these subthemes.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Oh I like that idea of forest in northern region of this world!

57 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Indeed.  Has there been a snow leopard recolour of the big cat mould before?

It would also allow bears, and smaller, less exotic European forest type animals.  I’d love more deer - the reindeer and the stag patronus aren’t really adequate...

As @DBlegonerd7 said, animals are definitely a fundamental part of these subthemes.

No i don’t think there is any snow leopard in lego world yet. Only normal leopard one. 

And wolves, moose, lynx, black bear, falcon and a few more in the North American boreal forest as well! 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

4 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

For a new summer subtheme based in nature, I bet it will be forest,

Bro! It's been my dream for Lego City to have a Forest Exploration subtheme. Instead of focusing on nature though, it would instead be about the explorers discovering the ancient medieval ruins right outside of the city. The place they are trying to rediscover is Lego Village (which was what Lego City was called back during the dark ages). Its definately bound to sell AND it'll give us some closure on the current state of Lego Castle - similar to what Ocean Exploration did with the pirate ruins and what Arctic Exploration did when finding artifacts from the ice age such as the mammoth. It of course can have some animal molds such as bears, birds, rabbits and some new wolf and deer molds.

Edited by Poodabricks

I wonder what kind of Police Station we will get. I mean, a normal city station or some kind of new subtheme like we had mountain police few years ago? Maybe it will be some 4+ simple build.... Hmmm...

1 hour ago, fo4saken said:

I wonder what kind of Police Station we will get. I mean, a normal city station or some kind of new subtheme like we had mountain police few years ago? Maybe it will be some 4+ simple build.... Hmmm...

Police had a run of unusual themes.  Forest, Swamp, Mountain, Air, plus there was the night-time themed one with the Museum Break-in, and the water based one with Prison Island.  Air Police, however was from what I can tell a complete failure (understandably because the sets looked rubbish) and none have been made in the last two years, having previously been on a standard/unusual/unusual 3 year rotation.

Bro! It's been my dream for Lego City to have a Forest Exploration subtheme. Instead of focusing on nature though, it would instead be about the explorers discovering the ancient medieval ruins right outside of the city. The place they are trying to rediscover is Lego Village (which was what Lego City was called back during the dark ages). Its definately bound to sell AND it'll give us some closure on the current state of Lego Castle - similar to what Ocean Exploration did with the pirate ruins and what Arctic Exploration did when finding artifacts from the ice age such as the mammoth. It of course can have some animal molds such as bears, birds, rabbits and some new wolf and deer molds.

Ohh that could make sense about rediscovering/exploration!

and I agree with @Powered by Bricks, City does indeed have some strong influence from Friends. I would assume Farming, Coast Guard Guard, and Forest as potential subthemes based on hints from within City theme and/or from Freinds’ subthemes. 

I am not still 100% convinced that Arctic subtheme would make its return in 2022 since there are no hints from City or Freinds themes for Arctic at the moment. However, if Artic (or Boreal Forest) subtheme comes back, I would hope for an orca mold. 

And of course, I am all in for animifigures (animal minfigures or animal minifigures). For Coast Guard sets, I would expect to see seal mold but I would not be surpsied to see another shark. For Forest, I would expect to see raccoon, fox or fawn/deer molds. 

Okay, I should not look into it too much! Sorry folks if I get your hopes high. It’s just my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Police had a run of unusual themes.  Forest, Swamp, Mountain, Air, plus there was the night-time themed one with the Museum Break-in, and the water based one with Prison Island.  Air Police, however was from what I can tell a complete failure (understandably because the sets looked rubbish) and none have been made in the last two years, having previously been on a standard/unusual/unusual 3 year rotation.

You make some good points! I agree with you on Police having their own subthemes (outside City, such as Mountain, Forest, and Swamp) or inside (Air and Postal). 

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am not still 100% convinced that Arctic subtheme would make its return in 2022 since there are no hints from City or Freinds themes for Arctic at the moment. However, if Artic (or Boreal Forest) subtheme comes back, I would hope for an orca mold. 

If I'm being honest, I'm almost 100% convinced it wouldn't.  I think Arctic sold significantly less well the second time - new ideas were required and tried, and poorly executed in my opinion.  The 2014 arctic sets were to me far better, and I think also sold because they brought a huge number of new orange pieces (I believe), plus it was City's first Earth-based exploration subtheme.  I know somebody who bought every 2014 set and 0 2018 ones...

Hey folks!

Recently, I heard the rumor there is a rumor around Promobricks. And it’s in Disney+ / Marvel CMF series. I’m not sure if it’s considered as “spoilable” since I don’t watch any Disney+’s Marvel tv shows at all.

Spoiler

The rumor is that, baby crocodile may not have Loki horns at all.

If it’s true, why would baby crocodile not be included in Wildlife Rescue sets in the first place? It would be unfair if Marvel would not let City steal their thunder. 

On 7/18/2021 at 9:08 PM, fo4saken said:

My guess would be a standard police wave since a lot of police sets are supposed to reach EOL at the end of this year (60139, 239, 241, 242, 244, 245 and 246). Maybe we will see a colour scheme change.

13 minutes ago, rzmpf said:

My guess would be a standard police wave since a lot of police sets are supposed to reach EOL at the end of this year (60139, 239, 241, 242, 244, 245 and 246). Maybe we will see a colour scheme change.

EOL?

15 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

EOL?

End Of Life = end of production

50 minutes ago, rzmpf said:

End Of Life = end of production

Ah! Makes sense. I also agree with you on the color scheme change. To be honest, I hope they do a black and white color scheme similar to the LAPD. But of course their vehicles are based on what is seen in Europe so I'm not going to even consider that a possibility. 

I would be interested in forest-themed police station, rather than urban police stations. 

Speaking of forest…do we have ranger station sets before?