Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Hello Everyone, Welcome to the Lego City Topic, you can discuss about new sets, show ideas, thoughts leaks.... 

As many people know now there is a list of 2022 Sets that had been edited recently:

60315-Tbd Police 4

60316-Tbd Police Station 

60317-Tbd Police 3

60318-Fire Helicopter 

60319-Fire Rescue and Police Chase 

60320-Fire Station 

60321-Fire Brigade

60322-Race Car

60323-Stunt Plane

60324-Mobile Crane

60325-Cement Mixer truck

60326-Tbd My City 

60327-Horse Transport 

60328-My City Lifeguard Beach Park

60329- My City School

60330-My City Hospital 

60343-Rescue Helicopter Transport 

Edit:This topic is JUST about 2022 so please do not talk about 2021 sets in here ok? 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

I think there will only be a handful of sets that I'd be interested in this year. 

No fair. Buses barely get any love. The one chance to squeeze a city bus in Great Vehicles and they choose to fill it with haulers and planes like they do every year. Don't we get enough of those. 

Edited by Poodabricks

"We will have 4 subthemes:police, Fire, My City"

Thats only 3. :pir_tong2:

1 hour ago, fo4saken said:

I think there is a pretty good chance for the new horse mould

I think there is no chance for a new ADULT mould, however we haven't had a baby horse since Paradisa 25 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Maple said:

We will have 4 subthemes:police, Fire, My City"

He forgot Great Vehicles - still mad there is no bus in that subtheme. 

2 hours ago, fo4saken said:

I think there is a pretty good chance for the new horse mould

Hmm…I’m not really sure if TLG would make a new horse mold unless they could make a new mold for a foal (a baby horse). 

I mean, recently, there is a tan horse from Medieval Blacksmith and Mickey & Donald’s Farm sets this year so there may be no reason to make a new mold for a full-grown horse. Unless I am proven to be wrong!

Personally, I was hoping for Farming subtheme - I am so in need for cow, goat, and some recolored sheep, rabbit, and pig!

and I think there is a low chance for animal molds to show up in these 2022 sets (except for Horse Transporter). In that case, what madness…

50 minutes ago, Maple said:

"We will have 4 subthemes:police, Fire, My City"

Don’t get me but I really don’t consider Fire and Plice as their own subthemes… I mean, we have seen Police and Fire every single year. i feel like it’s a “dominant” theme. 

Unless, Fire and Police themes are shifted into new/existing themes. For example, Police used to have Mountain and Swamp subthemes while Fire used to have Forest Fire (I think?). If Police and Fire sets are still city-based, then darn it…

Edited by DBlegonerd7

19 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I mean, we have seen Police and Fire every single year. i feel like it’s a “dominant” theme.

The show is centered around the cops and Fire brigade. That's prolly why. 

Edited by Poodabricks

33 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

The show is centered around the cops and Fire brigade. That's prolly why. 

Probably. But I really wish Fire or Police being shifted into new locations. Oh well.

55 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

If Police and Fire sets are still city-based, then darn it…

Yeah that would be a mistake. There was that island prison I liked. Even the last fire station on the water was a good start. Not all Fire and Police is horrible, it's just boring without new subthemes of them.

59 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm…I’m not really sure if TLG would make a new horse mold unless they could make a new mold for a foal (a baby horse). 

LEGO did make a new horse for the Friends theme for no reason. 

13 minutes ago, Maple said:

Not all Fire and Police is horrible, it's just boring without new subthemes of them.

Funny that's always been something that I was annoyed by just due to the name of the theme and all. I guess we'd have to agree to disagree. 

Edited by Poodabricks

1 hour ago, Maple said:

LEGO did make a new horse for the Friends theme for no reason. 

It wasn't really "no reason"... the older Friends horses didn't have any articulation, while the newer ones can move their necks like the classic Lego horse.

That said, I'm not really sure what if any changes the current minifig horse would potentially benefit from. Perhaps more likely for a new horse trailer set would be a new recolor for the horse, especially if the trailer is a larger one that carries more than one horse (since in that case two differently colored horses would have more personality than two identical ones).

Edited by Lyichir

Police station: maybe some smaller building than 60246 with road plate and some two police and crooks vehicles

Fire escape and Police chase: probably something similiar to the new 60308 but on the land

Fire helicopter: well, year after year same thing. Bleehh...

Fire station: I think we will get finally something big here, maybe road plates included?

Fire engine: we had engine +4 this year so maybe it will be something more advanced, who knows

Race car: small car like this year's blue 60285

Stunt plane: would be cool it it would have two wings like creator 31076

Mobile crane: can it have other color than yellow please, lol?

Horse transporter: well, a suv with trailer with maybe new molded horse

Park: green road plates, trees, some benches, maybe pigeones

School: I think building will have no roof, it will be not too big. Maybe based on Friends 10292 The Apartments construction. Would be cool if classic yellow bus would be there as well, but the set would be quite pricey then, knowing minifigures of kids and teacher can't be less than fe. 4 or 5

Hospital: it is no secret that City suffers medical deficit. I really don't know what we could expect here. 60204 was big, will TLG will go the same way? Maybe new medical logo? New colors? (present Fire and Police have got this bright yellow bricks integrated into general color scheme). Cannot imagine no ambulance for sure.

Summary: school and hospital (especially if they will have a bus and an ambulance) will have my highest attention.

Saving money MODE ON.

46 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

Summary: school and hospital (especially if they will have a bus and an ambulance) will have my highest attention.

My feelings exactly. 

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Funny that's always been something that I was annoyed by just due to the name of the theme and all. I guess we'd have to agree to disagree. 

We have City Space Port and City Arctic and City Stunt. I don't expect every single thing to be 'city'. Even Town didn't have everything in a 'town'.

17 hours ago, Maple said:

We have City Space Port and City Arctic and City Stunt. I don't expect every single thing to be 'city'. Even Town didn't have everything in a 'town'.

Like I said, it's always annoyed me that they called it City. Yet it was dominated by action that took place outside of the city as opposed to action within. I'd call releasing police and fire sets in small waves as they see fit instead of large waves that take place in a fixed location is a step in the right direction.

Cities have Stunt rallies too. The space station is also in the city. 

Edited by Poodabricks

The school is definitely the main interest there for me, praying it won’t be 4+.  Be interested about the mobile crane - the best one was around  2005/6 which was HUGE.  

Interesting that the hospital is so soon - those have previously been on 6 year circulation so wouldn’t have expected one until 2024, though I’m not complaining.  

Not on this list, we can assume both a passenger and cargo train in the summer as we got them 2006, 2010, 2014, and 2018.  On that front, 2010 and 2014 had a station too, and in 2018 no 60199 was ever released - though no rumours actually arose, I believe this to have been a cancelled train station.  I hope for those next year, and some more PU availability.

Are we pretty sure about the list? I mean is the leaker reliable? It’s July so it’s awfully early to know about 2022 wave. 

7 hours ago, fo4saken said:

Horse transporter: well, a suv with trailer with maybe new molded horse

SUV? Honestly, I would dump a SUV. For a classic pickup truck. i really like that new Creator Expert’s Pickup Truck. And it’s unlicensed also. 

I’m not sur why Lego should make a new molded horse. Unless it’s a foal mold, which I would be crazy about if it’s true. 

10 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

The space station is also in the city. 

:hmpf:

Do you even hear yourself?

6 hours ago, Maple said:

:hmpf:

Do you even hear yourself?

Why do you always insist on being a jerk dude? See this is where I stop talking to you. You always have to cheat yourself out of a good discussion. When I said space station, I meant the base set with the launch pad. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Knowing TLG past with january city, they usually do around 20 new sets in january. This list only has 12, so there could be more sets.

4 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

Knowing TLG past with january city, they usually do around 20 new sets in january. This list only has 12, so there could be more sets.

Exactly! That makes me wondering when I took another look at the list.

So I am assuming the list is true? 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

When I said space station, I meant the base set with the launch pad. 

I know exactly what you  mean!

12 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

Meaning that there is a possibility that more Great Vehicles will be revealed?

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I know exactly what you  mean!

Thanks! 

Edited by Poodabricks