evancelt

[COR-FB] Lapis Lazuli House, Jameston

As Angad approached his brother's home on the outskirts of Jameston, both his brother and his brother's wife waved from across the small foot bridge that spanned the creek. Chickens pecked at scratch grain and then they too looked at the approaching soldier.

Angad was on a brief leave from his post as an ETTC Sepoy, and as he didn't have a place of his own, was coming to stay with his brother's family. His sister-in-law loved everything blue, and his brother had built pieces of lapis lazuli into the walls of the house to remind her of his love.

blue-desert-house.jpg

--------------------------------------

I wanted to try out a new 32x tan baseplate and red turban I got in a recent BnP order. Also wanted to try inverting the water and building colors.

Licensed as a medium residence in Jameston.

Edited by evancelt

Nice house, I like the color combination. The creek with the bridge makes the landscape more beautiful.

18 hours ago, NOD said:

Nice house, I like the color combination. The creek with the bridge makes the landscape more beautiful.

9 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Nice one! I love the creek, and the bridge is excellent as well.

Thanks guys!

Looks nice!

I especially like the 'muddy' creek and the wooden bridge, will definitely have to add that to the "might use later" list too! ^^

13 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Looks nice!

I especially like the 'muddy' creek and the wooden bridge, will definitely have to add that to the "might use later" list too! ^^

Thanks! I meant to mention this to @caiman0637 above, but the bridge is v2 of a small bridge I first tried out in the Inn, Wullham build. In that one the bridge used round 1x1 bricks and looked a little chunky, so went with bar clips this time to make it more dainty. Also used bars for the wood sticking out of the building this time instead of 1x1 round bricks used on the Along The Trade Road - trying to make all the elements daintier

Beautiful build with an excellent color palette. I love how you did the bridge. Clever, but it works.

ETTC must be paying their soldiers a lot if they can afford to use lapis lazuli as building elements in their houses :laugh:.

16 hours ago, evancelt said:

Thanks! I meant to mention this to @caiman0637 above, but the bridge is v2 of a small bridge I first tried out in the Inn, Wullham build. In that one the bridge used round 1x1 bricks and looked a little chunky, so went with bar clips this time to make it more dainty. Also used bars for the wood sticking out of the building this time instead of 1x1 round bricks used on the Along The Trade Road - trying to make all the elements daintier

Ah I see, the bridge definitely looks better with the clipped bars!

For the wood sticking out I think I still prefer the round bricks, they look more like logs actually supporting the roof/top floor, rather than like thin'ish branches 😅

On 7/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, Khorne said:

ETTC must be paying their soldiers a lot if they can afford to use lapis lazuli as building elements in their houses :laugh:.

I make no claims as to ETTC wages one way or the other, but report this specific sepoy doesn't have his own non-barracks place to crash and is staying with his brother :pir-grin: His brother likes collecting gems :pir-huzzah2:

On 7/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, Khorne said:

Beautiful build with an excellent color palette. I love how you did the bridge. Clever, but it works.

Thanks! The water is nougat under the trans-clear tiles. This build features bright light blue, medium blue, and sand blue. In my collection I have 9 different LEGO blue colors, and have discovered some interesting things about how they work together. Working on a tutorial-esque type post about all the LEGO blues.

Edited by evancelt