Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Minecraft Mafia: Day 2 - The First Adventure

51190806827_3deb1afdb7_o.png 
This thread is for Players Only. 

Good Morning.... everyone.   I have some news.

51273489485_501dd05563_m.jpg

Last night I was walking Pentunia and I noticed a bit of the railing was loose.
I was worried she would fall into the water and that's when I saw the shark!

51285393442_2b54b88306.jpg

I bravely tried to get it to swim away by waving my torch around. 
That's when Alex suddenly fell right into the shark's mouth!

51285393427_314e89ec68.jpg

It was a one in a million shot, but the shark swam away with Alex in his mouth. I went into Alex's cabin to see if there was anyone I should contact about this unfortunate incident, and didn't find anything other than confirmation that she was a Treasure Seeker

51286310428_4df58e64b8.jpg

We have, as promised, arrived to the island safely.  Since you didn't give me anybody to interrogate about being a Treasure Protector, I guess whoever it is must still be with you. Good luck, it's a dangerous place.  Light a fire here on the beach when you are ready to come home. 

51286141326_02b7f2cae8.jpg

And with that, Pirate left you all on the island and sailed away. What will you do now?

Adventurers

51273489485_501dd05563_t.jpg Pirate (NPC)

51273189119_90c012acb0_t.jpg Kai (Dragonator)

51273188854_b4223c3d12_t.jpg Hex (Kaanere)

51271712392_7db7eb1391_t.jpg Adriene (Tariq J)

51272460606_97014f64fa_t.jpg Valorie (Shadows)

51271712572_437ac4dd55_t.jpg Hal (KotZ)

51273188864_21c9365b61_t.jpg Steve (Bob)

Dead

51272460576_e9827a7d50_t.jpg Alex (Duvors)

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Gate Seekers (Town) or the Gate Protectors (Scum). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; 
    Vote: Character (Player) 
    Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; 
    Unvote: Character (Player) 
    Yes, bold. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a 2-vote penalty the following game day.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  7. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.
  8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will have out-of-game consequences.
  9. You may not edit your posts.
  10. You must post in every day thread. 
  11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.
  12. Violation of any of the above rules may result in a 2 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.
  13. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.
  14. Don't comment about the dog hair all over the builds, it's not a hint, just a fact of life.

I'm the town seer. Last night I investigated Valorie and found her to be Werewolf, which I believe is Gate Protectors (Scum) here. With so few of us here, let's make sure we eliminate the scum quickly.

6 minutes ago, KotZ said:

I'm the town seer. Last night I investigated Valorie and found her to be Werewolf, which I believe is Gate Protectors (Scum) here. With so few of us here, let's make sure we eliminate the scum quickly.

That's unfortunate, it means one of three things.

1. You're scum and lying, knowing that with so few members in the party, and one successful kill already, it wouldn't take much more to win.
  2. You're crazy and think you've gotten correct results.
  3. There's a framer who knew how likely it was that I would be investigated and got their wish.

Whichever it is, we can't afford a mistake, this party is small and lynching me will make it clear that I'm not scum, then the rest of you will be left to figure out whether or not to lynch Hal tomorrow, putting the party in immense danger if wrong.

I will say that "Werewolf" is a suspiciously phrased result, by the way. It's the one twist that makes me think that #1 is possible, thought I am most inclined to believe #3, the method that potentially kills two parrots with one cobblestone. I am also slightly suspicious of a role claim coming so quickly, but we don't know how many scum there are, so maybe you think it's safe. Maybe it is, except for being wrong.

Does anyone else think they know anything, a tracker or blocker or someone who can give us something to consider?

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

Not sure what you're on about, but I am the town cop. I am guaranteed sane, and I can see if someone is Mafia or not Mafia. That's very specific, I don't know why it's specified that way instead of. as a Gate Seeker or Gate Seeker. I investigated Hex last night and determined they were Not Mafia. Since there's so few of us I don't see much issue about coming out today, even though it might not have been preferable, but there we are. I don't know what a Werewolf is, maybe it's a third party though. Apparently a seer is used in werewolf games. 

Is Hal lying about Valerie? I don't know. Perhaps. I think it's unusual that there's two investigative roles in this game of seven people, but it's possible that Hal was included to find Valerie and struck very lucky. 

Also, when did they add sharks into Minecraft? 

5 hours ago, Shadows said:

That's unfortunate, it means one of three things.

1. You're scum and lying, knowing that with so few members in the party, and one successful kill already, it wouldn't take much more to win.
  2. You're crazy and think you've gotten correct results.
  3. There's a framer who knew how likely it was that I would be investigated and got their wish.

Whichever it is, we can't afford a mistake, this party is small and lynching me will make it clear that I'm not scum, then the rest of you will be left to figure out whether or not to lynch Hal tomorrow, putting the party in immense danger if wrong.

I will say that "Werewolf" is a suspiciously phrased result, by the way. It's the one twist that makes me think that #1 is possible, thought I am most inclined to believe #3, the method that potentially kills two parrots with one cobblestone. I am also slightly suspicious of a role claim coming so quickly, but we don't know how many scum there are, so maybe you think it's safe. Maybe it is, except for being wrong.

Does anyone else think they know anything, a tracker or blocker or someone who can give us something to consider?

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Not sure what you're on about, but I am the town cop. I am guaranteed sane, and I can see if someone is Mafia or not Mafia. That's very specific, I don't know why it's specified that way instead of. as a Gate Seeker or Gate Seeker. I investigated Hex last night and determined they were Not Mafia. Since there's so few of us I don't see much issue about coming out today, even though it might not have been preferable, but there we are. I don't know what a Werewolf is, maybe it's a third party though. Apparently a seer is used in werewolf games. 

Is Hal lying about Valerie? I don't know. Perhaps. I think it's unusual that there's two investigative roles in this game of seven people, but it's possible that Hal was included to find Valerie and struck very lucky. 

Also, when did they add sharks into Minecraft? 

Then it must be 3. I am guaranteed sane as well. I'm only saying what I was told (in my own words of course). If you Steve are recieiving "Not mafia" do we possibly have multiple variants of scum, something we have seen before but rarely, especially in such a small group as ours.

Quoting is complicated, I'm just going to reply/comment on various points.

I do not, for a moment, believe that a party this size could include two investigators (with different role names) who get accurate alignment results.

The fact that both claim to have been told that they are sane is absolutely impossible (not that they were told, but that it is true). It's also really bizarre for there to even be such a sanity vouch made to either :shrug_confused:

I also do not believe that a party this size could include both a neutral and a dedicated investigator to find them. If there was such an investigator, I don't think they would be confused by the results and would actually have been told to look for a "Werewolf", whatever that means. This point can be partially cleared up with one simple question: Hal, were you told to look for Gate Protectors or some other specific faction? If you were told one of those, you would not find anything else, your result would simply be something like "<player> is/is not a <alignment>."

Clearly you think you found something else. If I'm right and you thought you were looking for Gate Protectors, then there is trickery afoot, At the very least a framer. It seems reasonable to arm the scum with such a role to try to sow confusion in such a small party, and I'd say it has worked because I've never been quite this confused so early in an adventure.

Bottom line, this entire adventure is going to be held while walking a tightrope. There aren't many of us, we don't know what the scum can do, or even how many there are. I feel pretty certain there is no neutral, but if Hal says they were looking for one, that's just one more problem for us to deal with.

We're already in trouble.

I don't know what motivation Hal has to come out and try to get Valorie lynched when we'll see the results tomorrow. I'm not casting judgement on who is or who isn't lying, but I'm saying that it's odd. 

As you all enter the tiny cave, you start discussing the voyage and how deep some of the water seems here when suddenly you hear a voice from the darkness.

51287642022_6f3a1996bd.jpg

Hello adventurers. I assume you are all here seeking the gate.

51289403450_3c95536820_w.jpg

I am here because I heard from somewhere

BAWK

*cough* I mean I heard from Pete here that there are some among you that want to cut the adventure short.
If you'll just tell me who you think is scummy, I'll work my magic and find the truth. 

51288392661_20b395c2b0.jpg

RIght...so let me know in 48 hours who you choose.

51289403450_3c95536820_w.jpg

Voting can commence now.

I'm conflicted as to who to vote for. Half the group has yet to show up today. I'd like their opinions.

12 hours ago, Bob said:

I don't know what motivation Hal has to come out and try to get Valorie lynched when we'll see the results tomorrow. I'm not casting judgement on who is or who isn't lying, but I'm saying that it's odd. 

I get the impression that no one is lying, you included, but clearly something is wrong. You can't both be sane investigators (it's bizarre that you would even be told that at all, I've never seen that happen in my life) with different names and result types (Mafia vs "Werewolf") unless he's some other kind, and even then the results are wrong. I'm certainly not a "Werewolf" and if he doesn't know what they are either, I can't imagine he's searching for them. Hal's answer to my previous question should tell us a lot.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I'm conflicted as to who to vote for. Half the group has yet to show up today. I'd like their opinions.

I find the lack of participation annoying and a little sad. I was hoping for someone to have more information, like a tracker or a blocker, though honestly I might lose my mind if a 3rd investigator appears. :wacko:

Unfortunately I cannot add new info in terms of night actions. I agree with Valorie. It seems highly unlikely in a game of 7 players we would have 2 sane cops. I don’t see Steve lying. If Hal is town there is no point in the scum pretending to counterclaim. 

One thing that’s really throwing me off is the “sane” claim. I’ve never been an investigator/cop before (as far as I can remember) so I have no previous PMs to compare to. But would investigators be told that that they are sane or not? I thought the whole point is that the investigator(s) doesn’t know whether they’re sane or not and they have to figure it out. 

The other thing that’s throwing me off is the whole werewolf/seer thing. According to mafiascum the rules state that “When checking for a specific faction other than Town or Mafia, the role is normally renamed; "Seer" when checking for Werewolves” when I looked further on the werewolves page it states that “The role names are different to those in mafia: there are Seers instead of Cops” But then when I look at the werewolf role I get this: “Notably, some games have included Mafia and Werewolves as opposing anti-Town factions.” 

So if there was a game with mafia and werewolves as anti town factions it wouldn’t be out of the question for there to be a seer and a town cop in one game right? However small. If Hal really is telling the truth then I’m going to Vote: Valorie (Shadows). 

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

I find the lack of participation annoying and a little sad. I was hoping for someone to have more information, like a tracker or a blocker, though honestly I might lose my mind if a 3rd investigator appears. :wacko:

:sing: Hey everyone! Start participating!

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

Unfortunately I cannot add new info in terms of night actions. I agree with Valorie. It seems highly unlikely in a game of 7 players we would have 2 sane cops. I don’t see Steve lying. If Hal is town there is no point in the scum pretending to counterclaim. 

One thing that’s really throwing me off is the “sane” claim. I’ve never been an investigator/cop before (as far as I can remember) so I have no previous PMs to compare to. But would investigators be told that that they are sane or not? I thought the whole point is that the investigator(s) doesn’t know whether they’re sane or not and they have to figure it out. 

The other thing that’s throwing me off is the whole werewolf/seer thing. According to mafiascum the rules state that “When checking for a specific faction other than Town or Mafia, the role is normally renamed; "Seer" when checking for Werewolves” when I looked further on the werewolves page it states that “The role names are different to those in mafia: there are Seers instead of Cops” But then when I look at the werewolf role I get this: “Notably, some games have included Mafia and Werewolves as opposing anti-Town factions.” 

So if there was a game with mafia and werewolves as anti town factions it wouldn’t be out of the question for there to be a seer and a town cop in one game right? However small. If Hal really is telling the truth then I’m going to Vote: Valorie (Shadows). 

I'm a bit confused. You agree with Valorie about the lack of two cops but don't think I'm lying? But you're voting for Valorie anyway? Also, historically I don't think cops are told if they're sane or not.  I don't think we've had an insane cop in a game in a literal decade but I may be misremembering. 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I'm a bit confused. You agree with Valorie about the lack of two cops but don't think I'm lying? But you're voting for Valorie anyway? Also, historically I don't think cops are told if they're sane or not.  I don't think we've had an insane cop in a game in a literal decade but I may be misremembering. 

I probably should’ve deleted that part. My point was that I was initially confused about there being two cops but having read about the werewolves role then it could make sense. Since if you have werewolves and mafia in the same game then having a seer and a town cop could make sense.

37 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I probably should’ve deleted that part. My point was that I was initially confused about there being two cops but having read about the werewolves role then it could make sense. Since if you have werewolves and mafia in the same game then having a seer and a town cop could make sense.

But we don't know for sure if that's the setup of the game.

So apparently we have one treasure seeker dead and one supposed werewolf; five other players remain. From this we deduce that there are two Gate Protectors (because only one would be too few), and at most three gate seekers. Thus, we shouldn't risk getting one gate seeker lynched or killed or otherwise the scum will get away.

Given that Hal and Steve's investigations fit with Adriene's theory on werewolves as a third faction (being technically "not mafia"), I think we have enough evidence on Valorie being a werewolf to consider lynching her. Otherwise she might kill one of us tonight, and that's a risk we can't take.

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

That is why I've asked Hal if they were told to hunt for some kind of additional party. From what they said, they were expecting town/scum results and didn't understand "Werewolf", but I am waiting for them to actually confirm or deny that. If they were told to look for town/scum, they could not, under any circumstance, find some random other party (which I still doubt exists in a party of this size), that isn't how anything works. Neither is telling them both that they're sane, that would be unprecedented in my experience. Then again, Hal didn't mention their sanity until after Steve brought it up, which is a tiny bit odd, it seems like something that would have stuck out as important to them.

None of it makes sense, but you think that we can afford to kill me and then, when the results show it was wrong, who is next, Hal? This isn't a normal party, we can't afford to just make mistakes on mistakes, only the scum would want that.

1 hour ago, Kaanere said:

Given that Hal and Steve's investigations fit with Adriene's theory on werewolves as a third faction (being technically "not mafia"), I think we have enough evidence on Valorie being a werewolf to consider lynching her. Otherwise she might kill one of us tonight, and that's a risk we can't take.

There is no way a party this small has 2 investigators and a neutral. If there was some kind of neutral killer, why didn't two people die last night? How could you even have two killers with 7 people total, it would be a bloodbath. None of what you're saying makes any sense when looked at from the scale of the game or the results from last night. If you think killing me will save someone, you're wrong, and then tomorrow you'll vote out another for getting me killed since trusting them after a wrong result would be "a risk we can't take."

That is all insanity.

I think there is clearly a framer and right now, they're sitting back having a blast watching us go down the wrong path while setting up an easy series of wrong votes. Alternately, we have a flawed investigator and the result ends up the same if we allow it. It's why I'm still hoping there is a blocker or tracker who knows I didn't do anything last night, or one who can make sure I don't do anything tonight while we do some kind of test of these investigators. It may be the only way to not hand over a win. I hope someone has some idea, because killing me will not help us.

A framer could make sense. With 7 players it’s likely the framer and investigator could target the same player. With Hal getting a “werewolf” result and Steve getting “non mafia” I feel I’m still in the camp of there being a third faction at play here. 

It feels like there’s a missing link to all of this. I fear Kai may have had some crucial track/investigation role that (given his inactivity) he did not use and therefore we only have what’s been said to go on. 

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

A framer could make sense. With 7 players it’s likely the framer and investigator could target the same player. With Hal getting a “werewolf” result and Steve getting “non mafia” I feel I’m still in the camp of there being a third faction at play here.

If Hal would come back and answer my simple question, we could be saved from making a terrible mistake, a lot of time has passed with no reply. That's a little odd to me, but there is time left, though the later they reply, the less opportunity we have to try to use that information successfully. :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I fear Kai may have had some crucial track/investigation role that (given his inactivity) he did not use and therefore we only have what’s been said to go on. 

According to the claims, there are two investigators of some kind and nothing else useful. That does seem weird and Kai might be something, though a third investigator would be some kind of madness.

Whatever the case, there was one kill last night. If there was a scum (or scum team) and neutral, there would have been two since no one is claiming to have blocked anyone. To me, the safest required vote is Kai, who should already be dead for multiple violations of group policy and at their current rate, more to come.

Vote: Kai (Dragonator)

If I survive the day, I hope that someone will try to test their claimed investigation roles. If there is a blocker, block me. Throw whatever you can at me to learn something, it's our best hope.

If I don't survive the day, part of the test will be done with the "Seer" revealed as wrong. We won't know why they were wrong, but it will really be too late to reverse. I mean, if I get voted out for something that makes no sense, they'll be next with justification. It could be right, it could be wrong, but I'm leaning towards wrong. Maybe that is their whole plan. If it's right and they are bad, that would still leave their partner alive to kill in the night. If it's wrong, the scum get another night kill and we've lost too many people.

Do the math, we can't afford a mistake here and the results don't add up to include a "Werewolf" and dedicated investigator for them from out of left field. I just wish Hal would directly confirm or deny that they were told to find a "Werewolf", though their reaction when revealing it makes it clear to me that they were not, and therefore couldn't find one, it would be out of the scope of their role.

I'm not certain we can save this party, it's really stacked against us, but we have to try.

2nd reply to clarify one point. Part of my logic in voting for Kai is the fact that there weren't 2 kills, thus potentially making him this claimed "Werewolf" who just didn't participate, like they haven't participated so far. That possibility relies on the Seer actually looking for werewolves (which is why I keep asking the question) and goes back to me being framed. I know the result, however confusing in context, is wrong, so I have to believe in a framer. Let's face it, I'm a pretty obvious frame target, so it isn't exactly surprising.

Sorry everyone, I was taking a very long nap. I was told I am looking for werewolves, not Gate Protectors or Gare Seekers. Which leads me to believe that there is at least one Werewolf (Valorie), unsure if another. I win when all threats to the town are eliminated. This makes me think that voting Valorie is necessary. The vote for Kai is superfluous, especially if Kai is killed today by the powers that be.

Vote: Valorie (Shadows)

Vote Tally

Valorie (Shadows) 4 - penalty, penalty, Tariq J, KotZ
Kai (Dragonator) 5 - penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, Shadows
Adriene (Tariq J) 2 - penalty, penalty

With 6 players, a vote of 4 is the minimum required for lynch. 

Approximately 12 hours left in Day 2

One adventurer dead in absentia and another a werewolf. Seems like this will be a long night...

I'll cast my vote since I forgot to do it yesterday:

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Sorry everyone, I was taking a very long nap. I was told I am looking for werewolves, not Gate Protectors or Gare Seekers. Which leads me to believe that there is at least one Werewolf (Valorie), unsure if another. I win when all threats to the town are eliminated. This makes me think that voting Valorie is necessary. The vote for Kai is superfluous, especially if Kai is killed today by the powers that be.

That's just more confirmation of a framer but it still wouldn't explain one kill yesterday unless Kai is the werewolf. My vote is definitely necessary and the only potentially right one so far.

So you were told you were looking for werewolves, in contradiction to Steve's very clear wording of mafia/not mafia, but still didn't understand it and said this:

On 7/3/2021 at 9:17 AM, KotZ said:

But now, magically, it was werewolf all along, clearly stated (I don't think anything about it is clear). Like both of you being sane. Right, gotcha.

Which means that in a party of 7, we have: 2 town investigators, a neutral killer who didn't kill, 2 scum (there is no way a scum team could be single, an accident could wipe them out instantly), and maybe 2 normal town with no powers? One town died yesterday, it looks like at least one more is dying today as well as am unknown, then a scum kill and maybe a neutral kill tonight. Yeah, it's over, this vote insures it.

And tomorrow, which may not even happen, when I don't turn out to be one of these werewolves but the result of either a frame or lie, you'll know what has to be done. It'll be the last chance and not much of one.

I'll keep on eye on the proceedings of the day, but this is probably my last word, no one is going to listen, they never do, we just normally have enough people to afford these mistakes, which we don';t now.

I understand, I do. Someone took the easy shot on framing me knowing an investigator couldn't resist. It was smart, definitely too meta for my taste, but I'd probably have taken the same opportunity. Good job, scum, you've probably got this in the bag.

Town: Good luck, fight the good fight, try to do something right while you can and not just hand this to them.

Not sure who to vote for here. Valorie seems the "safe" bet but I'm not sure. It seems Kai is liable to be lynched today unless he shows up.

Hyah!! Sorry about yesterday folks, I was chasing pirates in the rigging and got my leg caught up … but of a situation getting out of that.

I don’t have too much to add.  I saw a barrel float past the ship last night, but I was too tied up in the rigging to figure out what to do about it, whether to grab it or not, so I was informed that it floated away.  Dunno whether that means anything to anyone but, throwing it out there.

I seem to be tied up in penalties, so all the werewolf weirdness aside, as I know I’m a good ninja boy and should be saving my own skin for the good of the seekers, I will vote as follows:

Tie-breaker is all on you Steve!

I will tie it up and:

Vote: Kai (Dragonator)

For several reasons:

1) With so few of us, I don't know if a lynch is the right idea with little evidence and therefore a tie is the best outcome, I think.
2) I know I'm the investigator, and as a result I don't know if I can fully trust Hal claiming to be looking for werewolves. 

I'll probably be killed tonight since I've outted myself as the investigator. If there's a protector out there, please keep me safe. I'll think about this for a little bit longer. If anyone wishes to change my mind they can try, but there's not much time left in the day.