Sign in to follow this  
Samarth

[MOC] Black Monarch's Ghost (#6034) revisited

Hi guys, I got this set as a gift from my grandfather as a child, and recently saw another builder (Michal Kozlowski) do an updated version of this set and felt inspired by him, so I gave it a go myself. Hope you all like it!

51284404796_08ea257f35_b.jpg1625204543871 by Samarth Moray, on Flickr

51284575893_69fd599cfe_b.jpg1625204543788 by Samarth Moray, on Flickr

51283658852_916d4695b1_b.jpg1625204543677 by Samarth Moray, on Flickr

Edited by Samarth

First, the set number in your title should be 6034.

Great MOC - especially the minifigure running away - great choice on the face and posing.  The rounded wall is awesome.  My only critique is the base feels a bit blocky - especially the transition to studs up to studs sideways, but the overall the base is fine and the focus certainly is on the minifigure and the buildings (and ghost).

Looks nice, I dont own the set but I enjoy these actualizations of the classics. :classic:

Nice rounded tower.  I like the base and the old school knight.  

12 hours ago, jtooker said:

First, the set number in your title should be 6034.

Great MOC - especially the minifigure running away - great choice on the face and posing.  The rounded wall is awesome.  My only critique is the base feels a bit blocky - especially the transition to studs up to studs sideways, but the overall the base is fine and the focus certainly is on the minifigure and the buildings (and ghost).

Thank you for the correction, I actually realised it after posting but didn't get around to rectifying it till just now. I posted it correctly on the Facebook groups, but I made the mistake of relying on my memory while posting it here. 

You're right about the base. In my defence, this was almost a speed build, put together between 5 am and 8 am (shoot time included).

Edited by Samarth