Polarlicht

Lego 10290 Pickup Truck

10290 sadly won't be a Delorean Time Machine, instead it's a lovely vintage pickup truck.

From Promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-10290-pick-up-truck-offiziell-bild/126707/

lego-10290-pickup-truck-0003-1200x764.jp

lego-10290-pickup-truck-0001-1200x867.jp

lego-10290-pickup-truck-0002-1200x866.jp

"A perfect escape from modern life! Get ready to travel back to the 1950s with this LEGO® Pickup Truck (10290) building project. Packed with details, this true-to-life model recreates the vintage pickup truck shape with its rounded lines. Explore the model to discover realistic pickup truck features like a stepside bed, opening doors and tailgate and removable wooden side railings.

Celebrate the seasons
This truck is hard at work all year round, delivering produce from Green Farm. Create a seasonal display with the many accessories included. There’s a wheelbarrow with flowers and a watering can for spring. For summer there are 2 wooden crates, tomatoes, carrots and a milk bucket. Autumn brings a crate of pumpkins, while for winter there is a wreath and a festive gift.

Love the journey
This set is part of a collectible series of LEGO buildable models for adults who appreciate beautiful design. It offers an immersive build and will make a top gift for any fan of vintage pickup truck models.

Build a faithful LEGO® model version of a vintage 1950s farm pickup truck. Explore all its realistic features then place your truck on display to admire this classic collectible model.

This LEGO® Pickup Truck 10290 buildable model set offers a rewarding building project for adults as you recreate the iconic rounded pickup truck shape from a classic era in vehicle design.

Explore the model to discover its many realistic pickup truck features like a stepside bed, opening doors and tailgate and removable wooden side railings.

Fresh from the farm! Discover lots of seasonal accessories including a wheelbarrow and watering can, vegetables and a milk bucket, a crate of pumpkins, plus a festive wreath and gift.

Steer the truck then open the doors to inspect the interior. The bonnet also opens to reveal the engine.

Designed especially for adult LEGO® builders, this set offers a rewarding build with a collectible display piece to cherish. It’s also a great gift idea for anyone who loves vintage 1950s pickup trucks.

Measures over 5.5 in. (14 cm) high, 13 in. (33 cm) long and 5.5 in. (14 cm) wide.

This LEGO® 1950s vintage pickup truck set is part of a range of creative building sets designed for adult building fans who love stunning design, intricate details and elegant architecture.

LEGO® building bricks are manufactured from high-quality materials. They’re consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time – it’s been that way since 1958.

With LEGO® pieces, safety and quality come first. That’s why they’re rigorously tested so you can be sure that the model is as robust as it is beautiful."

Edited by Coolusername

Not sure what to think about this one.  Disappointed that it is no DeLorean.  I love the Expert vehicle range.  Looks smaller than most vehicles of late.  Also it is generic, "A Pickup Truck".  No specific brand or model.  Unless they are trying something new with this one. 

10295 was the Porsche, and 10278 is also going to be another VW camper apparently , that is the two they normally release in a year.  This is a third one.

Don't know why, but to me it feels like it came out of the blue. Still, a great model indeed. That box art is going to be debateable until they drop it or something along those lines.

I like it and i will get it. I love vintage trucks and this one feels very "rural" and "autumny" which i also love.

I wonder if Mike Psiaki made it as well?

For modifications i can see recolor to white or sandgreen (Porsche slopes). Chopped roof and lower ride height!

Edited by Coolusername

Is the carrots and tomatoes new in that colour?

I do not collect the line, but would have loved a similar City set in a farm wave with some animals in addition to the vegetables :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Jack Sassy said:

Don't know why, but to me it feels like it came out of the blue. Still, a great model indeed

Nice to get a surprise set sometimes since most things leaks early these days :wink:

Edited by Roebuck

I don’t know, it just feels a little strange to have it unlicensed. Looks like a deal fell through at the last minute and Lego decided to make a few changes and release it anyway.

I think it will look great next to other sets, but will be interested to see what mods will be out there to make this look more like a Ford.

The seasons are a great idea though

10 minutes ago, Scotticus the White said:

I don’t know, it just feels a little strange to have it unlicensed. Looks like a deal fell through at the last minute and Lego decided to make a few changes and release it anyway.

If you look up ‘1950s pickup truck’ on google images, basically the first result is a very similar Chevrolet - so dunno why a deal would fall through as they have it for SC...

Anyway, I like it.  Was quite surprised about the Delorean rumour because I expected another film car in 2022 after the DB5 in 2018 and the Ecto-1 in 2020.  I hope we get one eventually...

It’s also a good explanation why the IDEAS project was rejected.

1 minute ago, Vilhelm22 said:

If you look up ‘1950s pickup truck’ on google images, basically the first result is a very similar Chevrolet - so dunno why a deal would fall through as they have it for SC...

Anyway, I like it.  Was quite surprised about the Delorean rumour because I expected another film car in 2022 after the DB5 in 2018 and the Ecto-1 in 2020.  I hope we get one eventually...

It’s also a good explanation why the IDEAS project was rejected.

I know, it’s very strange as it just seems so easy for them to slap that iconic IP on it.

I was sooooo hoping for a Delorean, though I think my wallet might enjoy a slight break as this will for sure be cheaper than that would’ve been.

Ask me in a week and I’ll love it (aka Fiat appreciation syndrome)

21 minutes ago, Scotticus the White said:

I don’t know, it just feels a little strange to have it unlicensed. Looks like a deal fell through at the last minute and Lego decided to make a few changes and release it anyway

Very strange indeed since this marks the first time they‘re releasing an unlicensed car in this scale. It‘s a great set nonetheless, can‘t wait to add it to my Creator Expert car collection :wub: 

Too bad the Delorean rumour was wrong though. Some still hope it was just a set number switcheroo, but since there’s also a rumoured VW bus coming soon, that’s not likely in my opinion. 3 cars is already pushing it, can’t imagine a fourth one being released this year. I wonder how that happened as it can‘t be explained away by simple miscommunication :oh3:

Like others have said, its a lovely looking build, but really odd that its come with no fixed make and model.  All the other créateur expert cars have been identified as something specific.  Looks like it might have been based on something real, but the licence fell through, or the company involved felt it wasn’t quite good enough to put their name on it.  

I’ve not purchased any of the other expert cars, although the missus bought me Ecto 1 for Christmas.  I would like the DB5 and Mustang but i know if I bought them, id end up wanting the whole collection, and I can’t afford that and Modulars and fairground ranges too.

2 hours ago, jus1973 said:

I’ve not purchased any of the other expert cars, although the missus bought me Ecto 1 for Christmas.  I would like the DB5 and Mustang but i know if I bought them, id end up wanting the whole collection, and I can’t afford that and Modulars and fairground ranges too.

Ha, that's how I started.  I got the Mini and VW Beetle, and now I've got them all!

Great set, though I'm a bit surprised it's unlicensed...

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Is the carrots and tomatoes new in that colour?

I do not collect the line, but would have loved a similar City set in a farm wave with some animals in addition to the vegetables :thumbup:

Yeah, I have a same thought about City’s Great Vehicle set or farming subtheme! Come to think, I would love to see a classic pick-up truck in that set with a cow trailer.

Nice, but I have a feeling that we're going to see a wave of mods in this set like what happened with the Volkswagen Camper some time ago, and I like that a little less.

It's a nice little set, but the windshield kills it for me. It's begging for a brick-built windshield using a couple 1x4x3 trans-clear panels.

The rest of the car lools pretty good, though. It's strange that it's unlicensed, but it's nice to see a set that isn't tied to a specific brand.

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

It's a nice little set, but the windshield kills it for me.

Yeah, they need to come up with a better solution than that pillar sticker on the windshield piece. The side windows end up looking far too rectangular and now I can't un-see it.

It's a really cute set though.

Now that you have said it. These wheels do look narrow. Definitly not the ol' tires they used on recent expert cars i think...

This looks quite nice! I don't mind the lack of a license and the building techniques and details look lovely.

I think the reason for this not being a typically licensed vehicle could be that this is intended as more of a "seasonal" set. The Christmas wreath is certainly an indication of that, but the autumn veggies might also be intended to let it do double-duty for American Thanksgiving (which, over here, sort of marks the start of the Christmas season).

Looking at the pictures closely, I think the big innovation in this model is in the door hinges. There's a fancy interior linkage that allows the doors to open and close without a seam at the back or external hinges at the front. ALL previous Creator Expert vehicles have had front door hinges that are visible outside the model, whereas real car door hinges are not. That's a real advance in building techniques. As for the subject matter, it's not quite my own little red pickup truck so I'm not feeling too excited about it. It's great that Lego has decided they can do Creator Expert vehicles without a license, for that old-school unlicensed Lego spirit, but I also really like the licensed vehicles. The challenge of recreating a licensed vehicle usually spurs Lego designers to really amazingly creative building solutions. There's some fun upside down building on the fenders here, but I don't see any truly gonzo out-of-the-box design techniques in the bodywork, besides the door hinges. Still, I'm really looking forward to the Brickset review and YouTube speed builds of this set once it comes out.

So many Farm teasers in this set (especially Milk) , hopefully City will go minifig farm next year then.

Or is this a hint for the A NICE DAY AT THE FARM ideas set in review ? 

webp

Remember the Fiat 500 (March 2020) had a Colosseum (November 2020) in the background.

Edited by TeriXeri