This is my 1.20 version of the Lexus LC500.

Building instructions where you can change the color here: https://brickhub.org/i/737

The car turned out to be the most complicated scale LEGO model that I have ever built!

87_rear.jpg

86_lexus_lc500.jpg

To highlight the complexity of this model, I have built this cut-out version highlighting the hinges, brackets and other SNOT parts that lie under the surface:

techniques_1.jpg

techniques_2.jpg

It started in 2017 where I started planning and simply had to scrap the project due to a lack of ideas for how to create the finer details.

88_top.jpg

In 2020 I started the project up again

99_design.jpg

98_design.jpg

This is the version I had completed by December 2020:

97_version1_front.jpg

It was shown in LEGO Masters Denmark 2021. However. I was not satisfied with the results and started all over.

This time I measured the real car instead of relying on pictures. This white version shows how I'm experimenting with different building techniques in the two sides.

93_version2_left.jpg

94_version2_rear.jpg

The final car took several straight months of building and rebuilding, so I hope that you enjoy the result, and perhaps the building instructions.

That said, in the video you can also see how far from the real car the design is. LEGO is an imperfect medium, and this is the best result that I have been able to achieve.

89_top.jpg

Wow, this is years of serious work and planning! I do appreciate you sharing wip, old version and cut-out version photos. It realy highlightens your history with this model. What there is to say? Great job! Nicely done! 

Oh wow,  now that I have seen the inside of the model I can really appreciate all the work and effort that has gone into this car. Outstanding!

Thanks. I'm glad that you like it. It seems like the cut-out version was worth the effort!

Very nice model. The amount of details is fantastic for this scale. I just can imagine, how complicated it is, to capture all these angles of the bodywork!