Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - ChIVB] Nola Mar Priory

The most sacred and holy order of Athena is a monastic order dedicated to the pursuit of wisdom and knowledge. Monks of the order spend their lives in peaceful contemplation and study. New chapters are usually funded by a wealthy patron, and the order appoints a prior to administer the monastery. Sir Dirk Allcock has been looking for a discrete way to signal to his Oleon acquaintances that he bares them no ill will after the recent conflict. A rational and scientific man he passionately believes in the separation of church and state; so when he heard of the drive by the clerics of Nola Mar to create a centre of culture and piety, he was hesitant at first to support it. The Athenian order he feels is a good compromise. The monks are academics; rumour has it members frequently get in trouble if the Order feels they challenge dogma too far, and are perhaps the closet organisation in Oleon to the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy of which Sir Dirk is a member. So, after some contemplation, Sir Dirk has quietly funded the building of a modest monastery for a small chapter of Athenian monks led by Prior Timothée - who he has had some correspondence with in the past regarding a rare species of bi-valve mussel found in Port Raleigh.

51270195587_f0ae4a2b03_b.jpg

My entry for Category B, supporting the clerics. @KotZ I'm happy to donate this to the Olean/Nola Mar account for licensing as an art and culture or education as you see fit. Let me know if you want me to do the paperwork.

Excellent build yet again. The orange roofs look great with tan walls, and the wands in the railings are really neat. I have mixed feelings about the pillars being outside the base but it's a fine creation and a fine entry.

Lovely work. I love all these taller buildings you've been making recently.

As for the licensing, let me talk with my faction and decide. We will have an answer shortly.

Divine build! I can't seriously find a single thing I don't like! And you make the whole build look so effortless from your part. Every time!

Bipod mussel? Is that really a thing?? :pir_laugh2:

Come join Oleon people! Scientific progress through religion, Religion through scientific progress! Well, almost! :pir-grin:

Impressive build !

As always with you the quality of the building and the details are excellent

And so is the photography !

A masterpiece !

Yet another fantastic build! The tan really goes great with the height and angels of the build and you can't go wrong with the 1x1 round roof!

@AyrlegoWe definitely will take it, and would love to have it as arts/culture.

13 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I second @Faladrin : there's nothing more to say except a special mention to the balcony rails.

Yes, I confirm this balcony rail is top notch ! I tryed myself something similar with HP wands but never came to something good with it and abandoned it.

Again there is a ton to see in a small 16 x 16 build. I love the sculpture inset in the wall. I have really liked your pergolas in previous builds and I think you did a great job in a slightly smaller scale on this one.

8 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Again there is a ton to see in a small 16 x 16 build

Wait, that's all just 16x16? Holy crap. You pack it all in @Ayrlego! A really great build. Well done. 

11 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Wait, that's all just 16x16?

actually it's technically 20x20 with an additional 1 stud black border... and significant overhang - but yeah, the aim of these builds for me was to challenge myself to a high amount of detail with a relatively small footprint.

The combination of greens and tans creates a great peaceful atmosphere, and you continue to kill it with these multi layered buildings!  I love the rounded roof style you've used on this one, and the wand use is perfect!