Seaber

Lord of the Rings Minifigures - Filling the Gaps

Hi, 

I've been slowly expanding my LotR minifig collection over the past few years, some with new custom prints and weapons and some with official Lego parts. 

Hopefully this is a better place to post this than the MCN board, and it can be a LotR version of the Star Wars and Harry Potter minifigure updates threads, where any LotR fans still around and interested in this sort of thing can post their finds/collections. 

_20210625_195857_20210625_195927

To start off, here is my Theoden from the Battle of Helm's Deep with a custom sword. 

I'll be going to my parents for the first time in ages over the weekend where most of my figures are kept, I can upload some more after that hopefully :classic:

Updated Rohan:

_20210626_161455_20210626_161517

Eomer with Hama, Gamling and Grimbold. The torso for the Royal guards is from the 2002 KK line. 

_20210626_161903_20210626_161628

Theoden, Eowyn and some Rohirrim soldiers. Theoden has a custom sword sheild, Eowyn is a custom torso and legs from eBay with a custom sheild and helmet from the CMS viking. One of the rohan soldiers also has a custom sheild, and their torsos all come from LotR, Castle and Viking sets. 

I'd like to get some new of the printed swords, if only for Eowyn and Eomer,and maybe change the royal guards capes to dark green. 

@Seaber, Great minifigures! :thumbup: Personally, I go with yellowies rather than fleshies but recognise that not everyone agrees especially for licensed themes.

In keeping with the topic of this thread, here is my Sauron minifigure:

sauron_lego_w.jpg

And while more Hobbit-related than LotR, here is my mounted Thranduil:

thranduil_on_steed_small_1.jpg

Thanks @AmperZand, I really like the yellow toned Thranduil. My LotR figures were yellow until a few years ago when I made the change.

Now for some Gondorians:

_20210628_164039

Boromir's sword I'm not convinced with, I'd much prefer a silver rather than gunmetal shade. Faramir is a custom printed torso with Indy's face, I think more of a goatee would be good.

_20210628_164057

A custom Gondorian, Ranger and Dol Amroth Knight. I have Citadel and Fountain Court guards in the works too. The Gondorian helmet is based on the one from the Lego  LotR video game. 

_20210628_164123

Elendil, Isildur and Numenorian Soldier, with Denethor. A better Denethor torso is probably out there, but really happy with the hair and face combo for him. 

@Wurger49 Yes, I have a few of the Fountain Court guards, I'm not entirely a fan of whole clone figures, but there is no denying they look very cool. It'll be interesting to see if the do any further Middle Earth stuff, I think the last thing was the Dwarves.

Got some villains today

_20210701_135112

Sauron has a custom helmet, vambraces, neck armour and mace, on the extra long Woody legs. The helmet is a little loose. The Witch King I bought of eBay ages ago, there have been some great customs since I missed out on though. Gothmog is a custom printed head, I think the armour came from  Brick Warriors. 

_20210701_135039

The Haradrim use various turban and headscarf pieces with the CMS Hun Warrior torso. I would have used the Prince of Persia Dastan legs but I can't find my box of legs :laugh: The Easterlings are all custom again with either a gold spear or the scimitar piece. 

_20210701_135055

Grishnakh has a custom printed head on a normal uruk body. Snaga uses a painted Goblin ears piece on Bib Fortuna's head. Gorbag has the Hobbit Orc print to show his painted face, Shagrat used the sand blue Troll head from the early Harry Potter sets. I'd love to be able to get a better Mordor Uruk head for him and others. 

I have some Corsairs too somewhere, and I'd love to add a good Sharku figure to my villains as well. 

Just FYI AliExpress now have some very nice Rohans.

Love all these though :)

On 7/7/2021 at 10:33 PM, maxxev said:

Just FYI AliExpress now have some very nice Rohans.

Love all these though :)

Brilliant, I has no idea there were rohan ones, will have to order some weapons and helmets at least! 

The dwarf and elf are $1 or so aliexpress figs.

2 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

Some of my lotr creations. Bought armour from brick warriors, and figs from esty.

How much did you pay on etsy for the elf and dwarf on the right? Because those are mass-produced figs from a chinese company and are sold very cheap on aliexpress and other sites. I assume you got scammed on etsy and paid way too much. I have seen these offers on etsy before. The seller buys the figs on aliexpress and then charges you 10-20 times what they paid. I mean it's a nice margin for them but you could have gotten the same price as them on ali if you looked there. The designs are good but they do have some qualtiy issues.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

The dwarf and elf are $1 or so aliexpress figs.

It' much less than $1 since you usually get the pack of 8 (of the same version) for less than $2. If you order multiple packs of different designs like the urukhai or the dwarfs even shipping is included (depending on the seller)

Edited by Metanoios

18 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

It' much less than $1 since you usually get the pack of 8 (of the same version) for less than $2. If you order multiple packs of different designs like the urukhai or the dwarfs even shipping is included (depending on the seller)

I've never seen them that cheap. I bought both elves and dwarves at about $1 each including shipping last year. Whoever I see the multi packs they are not that different in price on a per figure basis. But different countries get different prices especially with shipping, so others may see them cheaper.

8 hours ago, Metanoios said:

How much did you pay on etsy for the elf and dwarf on the right? Because those are mass-produced figs from a chinese company and are sold very cheap on aliexpress and other sites. I assume you got scammed on etsy and paid way too much. I have seen these offers on etsy before. The seller buys the figs on aliexpress and then charges you 10-20 times what they paid. I mean it's a nice margin for them but you could have gotten the same price as them on ali if you looked there. The designs are good but they do have some qualtiy issues.

I bought sixty iron hill dwarves for a total of 40$ and 30 elves for 30$. For me it was worth, because the seller was in the USA and items shipped quick. I purchased from Alliexpress once before, and the package never made it. 

Agreed. Quality is not the same as Lego. But the mini figs look great and display well. I really wish Lego would cater more to those who like castle/fantasy so we wouldn't need to purchase off market brands. 

On 7/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, Metanoios said:

Has anyone bought the Rohan figures from Koruit yet? The helmets, armour parts and shields look nice

Yes, they art REALLY good, only comment is that the leg armour just means the torsos aren't very secure, perfectly fine for displaying though.
As always you might find some of the arms don't fit as snuggly as your like but they are really quite decent! Lots of different torso print designs too which is a nice touch.

Edited by maxxev