RocketBoy

[K4 - Muunilinst - PA] Waterlogged

*This entry has earned 8 XP*

1280x1011.jpg

"They say truth is the first casualty of war. But with liars stacked on both sides, who defines what's true? All of sudden, truth looks relative to which side you're fighting for. Protecting the innocent is the responsibility of every soldier, and sometimes that means propping up the lie of good and evil—that war isn't just...natural selection, played out on the largest stage there is.
The war on Muunilinst is entering its second month. State-sponsored mercenaries have been attacking targets of interest across the whole planet. It's a grueling fight, not just of the body, but of the mind. 
From what I know of the enemy, they're decent enough people. I've seen the same is basically true of the Alignment; that's why I joined up to begin with. There are bastards in every army, opportunists and thieves, murderers who are worse than the others. I'd top those mongrels any day of the week, even if it weren't my job. But every army also has its soldiers-of-duty, the men and women who--regardless of whether they're smart, or right--believe in standing up for something. 
We're killing the scum. We're killing the nice ones, too.
It doesn't keep me awake at night, but one wonders if it could've been avoided. You could make an argument that they threw the first punch--that things were peaceful on Muunilinst until CorSec dragged forth the howling chaos of war. And you'd be right. That was the truth on my side of the trench.
Truth or not, does it justify the deaths? 'Justify' is a tricky thing, better left to monks and philosophers. 

But it did make their deaths necessary."

Captain Joma Quinn, 41st Commandos

Mission Briefing
"One of the mercenary units had holed up in the Kaden mountains in an ancient castle, using it as an FOB and a place to lick their wounds. The thing practically looked modern--Munnilinst architecture seemed to be fond of its own history.
It was a rescue mission: we had a man on the inside, a turncoat codenamed "Jarai." Jarai had been serving as spy and informant for a couple of weeks, providing us intelligence for strikes behind enemy lines. His material had come through. Now we would come through for him--one last mission on his intel, this time to walk the man himself out of his own personal hell. Hard to get far if you aren't nice to your friends.
Yand and I will approach from the lake, the others are coming in from the highlands. We'll get our man, and then we're off home."

800x450.jpg

More Photos

Spoiler

800x588.jpg

1280x797.jpg

800x450.jpg
800x613.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by RocketBoy

Great build, I really like the toppled arch and the rest of the rubble looks excellent, the positioning of the figures works really well too

The scaffold around the derelict arch is brilliant. You've captured that water look very well here.