Angeli

5m long Millennium Falcon

Hi friends :) Long time no see
Note that this is Eurobricks Exclusive - This is the first time I am posting pictures with story of the ship I made, although people had oportunity to see it on events, starting from middle of May 2021 :)

I made 5 meters long Millennium Falcon, and here are some details:
51266067162_6b88436006_z.jpg(link)
51267552684_e1816f53ac_z.jpg(link)
The whole construction took two months, one month for things you can see, and one month for things you can't see (under construction)
The whole thing is divided into six large modules: the disk is divided on four, and mandibles are five and six.
Initially there was no under construction, but I was in the middle of building one module, and it was already getting so heavy that bricks started to bend, that is when I realized I must have metal frame, especially if I planned to pose it. There is no wood on it, only metal and forex. Baseplates are connected together with bricks, then screwed to the under construction. Not a single drop of glue is used (I hate gluing bricks, I can't reuse them after)
51267004798_721a0e2288_z.jpg(link)
51266819446_2fabe82abe_z.jpg(link) (this is not me on the picture, he is here for scale, I don't have a single picture with my ship, and will not, untill I can cross the border and travel restrictions are lifted)
51267624554_d468bc31c2_z.jpg(link)
The bottom was especially demanding, as gravity pulled everything, and bricks get heavy in such large areas - and there is 40+ square meters covered with bricks

I was naive enough thinking that I will have enough bricks for such a large build :) it would turn out that 40+ square meters require many, many many bricks, and then some :) The good thing is that Millennium Falcon is "a rust bucket", with many vires and gadgets everywhere, so it was fun to build the surface of the ship - in truth, NOT making it symmetrical was my main issue, as somehow I lean into symmetry.

This massive thing is built for exhibiting, meaning it can be dismantled in modules, packed and then assembled within few hours. Funny enough, almost no bricks fall of during transport - LEGO is a quality product, and plates have AMAZING clutch power - I actually made few extra covering modules, and needed to disassemble them for parts - it was a hard work, as plates hold like their lives depended on it :)

I had 30 days to build it, and I was building about 6-8 hours per day, after my regular job. My young son Aleksandar helped me (he is now one year and nine months old :)
51266212862_8e2922e643_z.jpg
I actually build VERY fast, if I am inspired, as I have a lot of experience and I can "feel" the brick when I put it, knowing if something is wrong just by feel or sound. Still, time was a factor, but also not the only one - finance was the second one: I wasn't sure if I had enough bricks, but I was sure I had no more money (and my girlfriend would denounced me if I spent any more on bricks :) This is actually theme for all of my builds: I make assumption of how much bricks I will need, I buy them - and if assumption is wrong, I have neither money nor time to buy more, and I have to improvise :)

I had no time for cannons and radar, and I will be able to add them one restriction for travel are lifted in my country.
I had an interesting idea for cockpit: I cut it where sliding doors were, and I made the rest as skeletal construction, with a place for LEGO set 75530 Wookiee large fig, which fits perfectly when sitting. This will also be added once I can travel again
61RVMJOEyeL._AC_.jpg

The whole moc was built on a 2x4 48x48 table (1x2m) and modules were handled in a 14 m2 workshop. I had to rent a large 200 m2 shop to put it together where it stayed for few days before shipping

The Millennium Falcon is 5+m long and unofficially largest in the world, and in a few months it will be official, and also my second Guinness world record when LEGO bricks are in question (or anything else:)

The moc needs 10 men to setup, and here is how: first we connect 4 disk modules one to another. Then we lift it (using very strong steel bars trough wholes in construction, that I later cover with LEGO), and put Styrofoam under it on 6 points. then one guy goes in the middle, and maneuvers it, while we lift one side then another, adding Styrofoam to reach the height. Then we add legs and slowly put it down. Two guys on each end of medal bar (so four of them), one in the middle, two on the other side, in case the construction starts to glide, one on mandibles, helping with balance and one running around and adding Styrofoam, legs and similar. Tenth person is working the barbeque (this is a must:)
51267075243_db51a43049_z.jpg(link)
51266890501_819122fbb8_z.jpg(link)
A friend asked me to build this for him, so I did. The process of planning and building was such a joy, and finding ways to hide all the wholes and do all the angles (and the whole ship is nothing but one big sum of trapeze), but it was lucky LEGO has a part that is also trapeze, and I measured the angle and then did almost everything so it fits in that angle
51266152012_0277744946_w.jpg(link)

Few notes about detailes: the tubes are elastic, but I put metal wire in it, and then they become plastic (do not return in previous shape after bending). Other option would be to use heat, but I just can't put my bricks trough that. It is sacrilege :)
51267926290_dc00a344cb_w.jpg(link)
The space I worked in modules is my future workshop (now almost done:) The whole house is my future home, but I used it for building, even though it is totally in mess :)

The connections are almost flawless, allowed by the angle of the brick, and making a full circle from it
51267926220_e2df762919_w.jpg(link)51267624649_ebaf0cc831_w.jpg(link)51266890836_c75012e6b9_w.jpg51266151972_831710e98e_w.jpg
At one point, the roof in workshop started to leak - this is why there are toalet papers all over the ship :D
51267075388_0d18473f12_w.jpg(link)
And here is my main schematic :) Don't judge, this is how I build :D
51267926145_63f5175401_o.jpg51266890861_bf24ec01ea_o.jpg
Ship has a lot of details, that could be overlooked in such a wast surface. I really had fun plaing with pipes and all the junk on it. For instance, there are 10.000 metalic 1x2 grill plates. They have metalic shine when light reflects on them, and add to the "metal" feel of the ship.
51266151722_541b6e8f3a_w.jpg(link)51267075288_4622108b5d_w.jpg51266151742_7eb4221a45_w.jpg(link)
51267075318_2fe51b7a9d_w.jpg(link)51266890581_5118a4c1cf_w.jpg(link)51267075358_45af8309c1_w.jpg(link)
So I built it in 30 days (60 if we count welding of metal), and the price would have been around 40.000 euro This includes bricks, baseplates, metal work (I hired a professional metalworker to do the frame), forex, transport (and every time I wanted to do something I needed to pay 10 guys to come and lift it), and people who helped with moving and packing for shipping to event. But the metal worker is also a club member and he worked for bricks, hugs and beer (like all people from my club do:), people who helped with lifting were also people from the club, and I already had more or less all the bricks needed. I needed to buy 200 extra baseplates, some hinges and some plates, and that is that. In reality, it was about extra 5000 to 6000 euro But keep in mind that I was preparing for this for a whole year, hoarding bricks, so actual price, if you want to build something like this, would be around 40.000 euro, in my opinion.

Someone asked me why is it hollow - beacause it would be seven tons heavy if it had enterier :) I actually had to remove bricks to make it lighter, so we can handle it during assembling and transport

The Millennium Falcon also has a hyperdrive tail that is 2m long, with lights, but there was no space on event to set it up. It was made from trans light blue bricks, and with a lot of blue LED strips in it

The whole construction, when packed, together with packaging was around 1.5 tons. I had to measure like this for travel papers, and didn't had opportunity to measure just the ship. Keep in mind that 9-10 of us handling the ship when we lift it are extremely strong, mostly all former strongman or sportsman, and we were using leverage. All helpers know how to carry heavy objects, lift with legs (not backs) and similar. Imagine having a moc where way you lift it is important, so you do not hurt yourself :)

Check it out how the modules were transported from workshop to workshop :D
51266890471_1b0f69cb5d_w.jpg(link)51266890616_923e1547f8_w.jpg(link)51266890766_ddcef6f07c_w.jpg(link)

Next on my list is 5m long Enterprise and 2x2x2m long Borg cube, with green LED strips and EL lights :) Summer 2022  :)

This was non-profit, enthusiastic build done by one person within 30 days. Imagine that :) I am so proud, but I need a good year rest from building large strings again, especially now when I know how complicated it can be :)

The ship itself is full of funny or personal messages inside, as friends who would come would draw on it (try explaining to a non AFOL that it doesn't matter that is bottom of baseplate, you need it clean :) because it is LEGO, and you don't mess with LEGO bricks :)

There were many times I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, too short of a deadline, not enough bricks, modules not connecting, bricks falling apart, and things not fitting with each other. But, one challenge after another, when it was done - it was worth the effort

As an extra note, I don't have a single LBG or DBG brick in my home left :)

You can find pictures in better resolution on my Flickr account, but please note that I like to mix mild nudity with

my creations, and if that is something that is not your cup of tea, don't go there :) (link)

On a special note, the ship is swooshable :D You just need a team of friends to lift it :D
51266151657_425475f4e3_w.jpg(link)

Here are few clips, please note that my youtube channel is non-profit, and almost all videos are unlisted (you can see them only if you have the link)
frist clip: Enter the hangar:
and following, my son Aleksandar being critical about my brick placement :)

Edited by Angeli

HOLY COW.:distressed: I have no words. This is incredible. Wow. So. Much. Detail. This is amazing. I love it. Give me some time to formulate a proper response.

When I first went to open this thread I was wondering what the 'm' in '5m' in the title meant, I thought metres can't be right, can it?

I didn't really get a sense of the incredible scale of the ship until the pictures in the back of the truck, it must be massive and you should be incredibly proud to have built that.

It is a brilliant build, the overall detail around the ship is spectacular, my favourite elements are the docking rings on the sides and the mandibles, both of which integrate seamlessly with the rest of the ship and capture the detail perfectly.

Edited by Stuartn

4 minutes ago, KotZ said:

HOLY COW.:distressed: I have no words. This is incredible. Wow. So. Much. Detail. This is amazing. I love it. Give me some time to formulate a proper response.

I needed 3 hours to code the post :) I haven;t done this for a while :D Take all the time you need, and let's discuss one of the best things in the world - LEGO :D

3 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

When I first went to open this thread I was wondering what the 'm' in '5m' in the title meant, I thought metres can't be right, can it?

I didn't really get a sense of the incredible scale of the ship until the pictures in the back of the truck, it must be massive and you should be incredibly proud to have built that.

Incredible build, the overall detail around the ship is spectacular, my favourite elements are the docking rings on the sides and the mandibles, both of which integrate seamlessly with the rest of the ship and capture the detail perfectly.

thank you very much, the mandibles were epsecially hard to build, as they have trapezoid sides, and also a circle side on one end, where they meet the ship - it was hard to combine pictures to hide the wholes where metal connects with metal, but the thing is so big, you can;t even notice unless you are standing just next to it :)

I wanted to write that this is next level...but that doesn't begin to describe it. It's next galaxy!

Great work. Congratulations. But yeah, the dish will definitely be the icing on the cake once you get around to adding it.

Congrats to you for going this long way with all obstacles! I also need another time slot to post a proper answer to that huge challenge.

This is frankly unbelievable. I'm amazed that it only took a month to build! Although of all the impressive things about it, my favourite might be the trick of flex tube with metal wire through it to hold the shape. I'll be making a note of that technique for sure!

Great work - where is it going to be displayed/exhibited?

6 hours ago, Tom_Brick said:

I wanted to write that this is next level...but that doesn't begin to describe it. It's next galaxy!

Great work. Congratulations. But yeah, the dish will definitely be the icing on the cake once you get around to adding it.

Thank you :) I was always planning to add a lot of lights in some crazy color, so when lightet it would look like some crossover, like Borg (green) or Cyberpunk (pink). It is just an idea I will toy around next time I have free time and ship and me ar ein the same country :D

1 hour ago, Mr Ogel said:

Congrats to you for going this long way with all obstacles! I also need another time slot to post a proper answer to that huge challenge.

Take your time, friend :) I like being active on Eurobricks, and I love talking with AFOLs (Adult Fan of LEGO:) so win-win

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

This is frankly unbelievable. I'm amazed that it only took a month to build! Although of all the impressive things about it, my favourite might be the trick of flex tube with metal wire through it to hold the shape. I'll be making a note of that technique for sure!

Great work - where is it going to be displayed/exhibited?

At the moment, it is exhibited in Stockholm, Sweden. Funny story, while I was working with Swedesh embassy here in Serbia for proper papers fro crossover, they were impressed to the point they offered possibility to think up and realize project we would do together :). It wouldn;t be the first time, I have done projects with Danish and USA embassy before, and exhibited twice in Danish embassy and once in USA, and at the moment, there is a large 4x4m mural inside it, on the wall, I made from LEGO bricks :) Check it out:

51268468105_5a79108eeb_z.jpg(link)29989208867_d74012e320_z.jpg(link)
51267436901_2644dc5527_z.jpg(link) - I am the one with the white hat, and the person with black one is Kyle Scott, at the time ambassador of USA in my country (Serbia)

So I am hoping that the background of already done projects will allow the next one to be truly amazing, and with a social responsibility touch (working with kids is always rewarding:), and most out the activities I used to do was with or for them

That is incredible. No wonder I can never find the pieces I need on bricklink! This guy has been buying up everything.

Minifig scale models are always big boys but this madman made a buildable figure scale millenium falcon in a month! If you asked if this was possible before me seeing this post I would have said no chance.  

Where is this going on display I am sure many people would love to come see it somewhere? 

For your next projects are you scrapping this one to reuse the bricks it is it up for good?

41 minutes ago, LDigital said:

That is incredible. No wonder I can never find the pieces I need on bricklink! This guy has been buying up everything.

Minifig scale models are always big boys but this madman made a buildable figure scale millenium falcon in a month! If you asked if this was possible before me seeing this post I would have said no chance.  

Where is this going on display I am sure many people would love to come see it somewhere? 

For your next projects are you scrapping this one to reuse the bricks it is it up for good?

hahah, truth be told, I almost never use bricklink for large amounts of bricks :)
I buy from re-sellers (sometimes they buy large quantities of brick and it just sits in seller, and when I offer to buy everything, they reduce the price - I once bought 10.000 1x2 new bricks for 70 eur :) or 0.007 eur per piece
I buy from dark-sellers (those are sellers that keep 2m tall bags full of bricks literary in their sellers, and you never ask them for the origin of those bricks, as many "fell out of truck". You need to know them for being able to buy, and they have SO MUCH. Dark sellers also have access to The LEGO Company's  (TLG) special projects (Certified LEGO Proffessional, Merlin Entertainment, Local LEGO Officies) and can buy - I once bought 100 cammels for 0.5 eur each. Imagine that, guy had a working relashionship with Merlin (they own Legoland parks and have access to everything - or they used to have:) Note that buying stolen goods is not ok, and people who steal are bad people who can easily become bad to you too.
I buy from PaBs (Pick a Brick wall in original LEGO shop, where they sell on cups and is measured in volume - amazing for 1x1 elements)
I used to buy from LEGO programs (Lugbulk, Project support, Projects, Events support) - all those are part of the LEGO Company support to AFOL communities. As a respect for what they do, we never discuss pricess, but I am allowed to tell you that they are amazing. How to become part of a reckognized community, check lan.lego.com But they do not support commercial projects, and bricks acquired there should not be used for commercial projects, even if you leave community - out of respect for what they do and support they offer (and because it is in interest of global community that support continues)
I used to buy trough Local LEGO Office (mine is in Hungary, but I made contact with several working with LEGO bricks in other countries:) They also have amazing prices, sometimes better the LEGO programs, all depends on how much merrit they see in what you do - and although LAN is heavy focused on love, feeling of belonging and community, most of Local Officess are heavy focused on results, good PR and profit - which is better depends on where you are :)

But most of bricks you can get trough Goverment support - one million euro is nothing to goverment of your country, and you can buy more bricks then you can imagine with that amount of money. So make a good project and approach someone sho is responsible for decidion making, or someone who is a link to someone who is decision maker :) And there is so much good you can do with support, bricks and team - there is an endless line of socially responsible projects that can be done, that can bring something good to community around you. I think this option is best for real impact

---
I built it in a month, but I am 43 years old, and I have been building all of my life. I have very good system regarding storage and accesibility, I have a lot of experience in logistics and building for transport (I have organized or participated in more then 200 events, in 23 countries). I am extremly fast builder (when I am inspired), and I have feeling in hands, so rarely I have to fix something. It is just experience, goes for any field - the more you do it, the better you become :) I don;t think that I am a great builder, as I know many, many AFOLs who can do wonders with handfull of brick :) I am more of "I build for my own joy" and I am aware it does not have the beauty of artists who create with bricks. Sometimes scale of things I build "buy" attention :)

--
At the moment, the display is exhibited in Stockholm, Sweden, and will stay there for couple of months (or at least until the entry ban because of pandemic is lifted and I can enter (without carantine, as I can;t afford to sit 14 days in a hotel room not working:), and I can come and transport it to another place. My possible next stom is Warsaw (I love Warsaw, people there really love visiting events where I exhibit:), and after that, we will see

---
In the past, I always re-used bricks, as I didn;t had many. But today, I have around 4 tons of LEGO bricks, and I almost never re-use bricks, as it take time to build something, and I would like to exhibit it for couple of years. That being said, I never use glue, so all my bricks are re-usable, and I have a dream of bringing all of my creations home one day (I am exhibiting in 7 diferent countries at this moment), and building one large scale Castle diorama, with 100.000 mionifigs all with same armor, helmets, swords and shields. I love minifigs and have ammased 40.000 of them already, and the only reason I don;t have more is because I don;t have money for it - but I guy offered to sell me 25.000 fully equiped minifigs (new) for 9.000 eur - how he got them? They were promo that was done with some newspaper - meaning they were legaly obtained, as he works in that paper company. I just didn;t had money :) But that is something regarded to where to buy bricks - you need to have connections, and after a time, people will approach you themselves. For example, when Fairybricks headquaters (humanitarian organisation that sends LEGO sets to kids in hospitals), I contacted their owner and LEGO representative with idea to lep my tendrils out and feel, as someone was boud to offer me what was stolen - but nothing happened, unfortunatly. I was so sure they would contact me. Once, I guy offered to sell me a truck full of stolen LEGO sets - the issues is, other then the obvious that it was stolen, the fact that I had to gather it outside my country - and I still have borders. But when people hear ou are possible buyer, they will contact you, good and bad people. Good are always better choice for doing business, as bad people are bad to everyone. I do not support stealing, but what I hate even more are copycat brands. But that is a story for some other time

I am here and available to answer any questions

51266212862_8e2922e643_z.jpg

(link) Someone asked me what is my favorite photo, and what is my favorite moment of building Millennium Falcon - this is my favorite photo, and also my favorite moment, as we were sharing love for LEGO as father and son. It was my dream come true. My lovely (very smart, very pretty, very strong and agile - he has everything, mine is not to mess him up with upbringing :D) son Aleksandar, 18 months when picture was taken, now 21 months old - imagine when your age is measured in months :D

That reply had everything I was not expecting.  Black-Market Bricks, backroom deals, government involvement. I feel like I am peering through the looking glass at a world I don't recognise or understand.

This thread has completely blown my mind this morning.  

Wild

1 hour ago, Angeli said:

But most of bricks you can get trough Goverment support - one million euro is nothing to goverment of your country,

I wish Scomo would give me a million bucks to buy LEGO

1 hour ago, Angeli said:

, as many "fell out of truck".

In that case you should keep the millennium falcon secure when you transport in the truck pictured above!

I didn’t realise that the radar dish hadn’t been built yet, I look forward too seeing pictures of the assembly when completed, the picture above really does give a lot of perspective as to the size of the build, those mosaics above are very impressive 

14 minutes ago, LDigital said:

That reply had everything I was not expecting.  Black-Market Bricks, backroom deals, government involvement. I feel like I am peering through the looking glass at a world I don't recognise or understand.

This thread has completely blown my mind this morning.  

Wild

the truth is out there :)
(disclaimer, younger AFOLs will not know this is from X files, amazing TV show:)

But no, there are no dark deals and soul selling moments here, I was jast talking how bricklink is not the only source of bricks :) mafia, goverment or rouges had no involvement in building this moc :) just one small room, bins of bricks and loud music :)

3 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I wish Scomo would give me a million bucks to buy LEGO

In that case you should keep the millennium falcon secure when you transport in the truck pictured above!

I didn’t realise that the radar dish hadn’t been built yet, I look forward too seeing pictures of the assembly when completed, the picture above really does give a lot of perspective as to the size of the build, those mosaics above are very impressive 

heh, I actually ment it as a warning, that shady characters get to be shady even in doing business with AFOLs, I thought I made it clear with " Note that buying stolen goods is not ok, and people who steal are bad people who can easily become bad to you too. "
But nothing to fear, average AFOL will never come in contact with these type of characters

Funny story, when I did my first international event where I wasn;t present in person, I organized a truck to transport (then) all of my bricks in creations (some 300 baseplates under creations). I was so on the edge that someone could pick up the mini-truck clean when he was stayign the nigh between travel, that I organized another car with two guys who followed it and kept an eye on it, making sure the transport goes ok

With years, I got relaxed and today I don;t have armored armed escort to my mocs :D but in time, it was all LEGO I had, and I was edgy and nervous about shipping it to unkown person, for safekeeping until event setup
Today, all of my creations are insured, mostly from theft and burning/melting (fire, sun), but only bricks, not the artistic side (work of art, time and effort invested in building). The insurance company didn;t wanted to insure it that way

What is Scomo? :) You know, if you have a project that will bring good to your global community, I am sure they will coinsider giving you funds, but be aware, not only bricks come into price, you have manpower and many other administrative costs, especially if project is going to last several months (year). I have costs projection, very detailed, for a project I plan to do with my goverment, and I can post it in a separate topic, where we can discuss, if there is interest

27 minutes ago, Angeli said:

What is Scomo

He is our prime minister, Scott Morrison, it is more of a mention about the fact our government here doesn’t do much to support the arts sector and wouldn’t seem likely to support AFOLs.

I didn’t know that there was such a complex side to funding such builds,  the scale of your builds is very impressive, and I can anticipate that manpower and administration would be a huge part of MOCing, how many people did it take to help put together your Falcon MOC.

On another note, did you construct the metal frame for the Falcon moc yourself or do you have another party make that: the sheer scale and complexity of your MOC and the information you have shared has made me intrigued as to the processes that go into building pieces like this.

Edited by Stuartn

The Millenium Falcon MOC is pure insanity. Such size and detail is nuts. How you "acquired" the bricks is a good insight into the dark realms of European business (I know it happens everywhere, really). And the note about lifting with your legs, not your back is good advice. Keep up the great work!

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

I didn’t know that there was such a complex side to funding such builds,  the scale of your builds is very impressive, and I can anticipate that manpower and administration would be a huge part of MOCing, how many people did it take to help put together your Falcon MOC.

On another note, did you construct the metal frame for the Falcon moc yourself or do you have another party make that: the sheer scale and complexity of your MOC and the information you have shared has made me intrigued as to the processes that go into building pieces like this.

I had a proffessional metal worker weld the metal frame together. He also modified my design so it is possible to hold that much weight, and also to be able to dissasemble it in modules
This project didn't need any assistance other then few guys lifting it. The project I am refering when goverment is in question is 100x100 48x48 baseplates mosaik (or 36x36 meters)

This is 10.000 large baseplates (48x48) with 5.760.000 2x2 bricks. The weight of this, just LEGO  would be 7.76 tons for 2x2 and 2.3 tons for baseplate - so, 10 tons (10.000 kg) would be the weight of this creation (alone, without packaging)

If the average price on bricklink is 0.05 eur for 2x2 and 12 eur for baseplate = 288.000 eur for bricks and 120.000 for baseplates, which equals 300.000 eur for the whole project. 100.000 more or less, depending on colors. Keep in mind that shipping for 10.000 baseplates would be huge, as you can;t buy it from one source, most one seller has on bricklink is 168 in this moment

I need 13 minutes to build one baseplate with 48x48 following mosaic instructions. From my experience, people build 2 to 3 per hour. So to build 10.000 of them, one person needs to build 30.000 hours. If he builds 10 hours per day, it is 3000 days ( almost more then 8 years, every day, for 10 hours per day. Meaning  8 people will do it in a year, 96 people (8*12) will do it in a month, 2880 will do it in a day. Let's round it up to 3000 people

if you do it in a weekend, you need 1500 people to work. You need work stations, you need food, water, refreshments, medic, printed instructions, coordinators (10 people should have one coordinator), then team leaders (30 coordinators should have one team leader) and project manager, with at least two assistents. You need people who will carry bricks, setup the working stations, you need vehicles for transport (keep in mind it is 10 tons of LEGO bricks, you need packaging for finished modules, you need media team that will record, etc etc etc - the list goes one :)

And truth is that you will most likely have 150 people working for 20 weeks :) still, you need good structure and good logistics for such a project

Even a simple LEGO themed event done by a club requires certain level of structure and logistics, of organisation, people who make those events know this. And this requires resources, some of them are time, money, skill and love for the brick.

1 minute ago, Feuer Zug said:

The Millenium Falcon MOC is pure insanity. Such size and detail is nuts. How you "acquired" the bricks is a good insight into the dark realms of European business (I know it happens everywhere, really). And the note about lifting with your legs, not your back is good advice. Keep up the great work!

thank you :)
I acquired briucks legaly, I gave example of possible routes, damn, I must refraze it somehow so there is no confusion :D

Ummm.... still processing..... 

I will return and post a better comment when my tiny brain comprehends this better.  Which may take a while.  I think I have a better chance of wrapping my head around the beginning of the universe than this project....(meant in positive tones) 

How in the world...

This is a super, super impressive model. Like, I can't even articulate properly. 

Wow, I'm speechless! This is one hell of a ship!! Congratulations on your record! 
I should point out inclination angle in the display as it is perfect and is done very well. 
The photo with a person in the centre of the Falcon made me smile: it's as if the ship itself has surrounded him :)

Holy Guacamole, this is beyond great!
Not only big but also well done too.
I wonder if this is the biggest personal project on SW.
Congratulations. :sweet::thumbup:

On 6/24/2021 at 2:57 PM, nerdsforprez said:

Ummm.... still processing..... 

I will return and post a better comment when my tiny brain comprehends this better.  Which may take a while.  I think I have a better chance of wrapping my head around the beginning of the universe than this project....(meant in positive tones) 

actually, it is unbelivable hom much is possible if you give your best :) You really wouldn;t believe what people are able to achieve if they manage their time and skills to the best - we actually do not know where is the limit of a person :) Building a ship made out of LEGO bricks is just a small thing compared what people can do :) Trust me, try something, for example, made a 1m tower (castle, Sci Fi, steampunk, anything that is close to your theme of preference :)

When you do, we will talk about 2m, then 4m - within a year, we will be discussing techincal needs of your future 10m tall tower :) You just need to start :)

21 hours ago, Geihlen said:

How in the world...

This is a super, super impressive model. Like, I can't even articulate properly.

thank you very much :) it was not hard, it just needed some planning, and experience in building and acquaring of bricks

20 hours ago, MaceWindu said:

Wow, I'm speechless! This is one hell of a ship!! Congratulations on your record! 
I should point out inclination angle in the display as it is perfect and is done very well. 
The photo with a person in the centre of the Falcon made me smile: it's as if the ship itself has surrounded him :)

yessssssssss, thank you very much :)
The angle was very important for me, and inner construction is thus made so strong so it can support it - actually, an average weight person could climb on the ship and it would not move a milimeter :)

It is my experience that, no mater how many  "please do not touch" papers you have, there is always some (parent, not kid) that will desire to touch it, then push it, then ride creation :) I made Notre Dame, and after event I;ve noticed people rebuilt some of the parts, one person actually added some brick of another color to the vitrage glass :) So it was important that it could wistand mendlings of more curious AFOLs and visitors (kids are usually very nice and caring, never had a problem with a child visitor, always if there is an issue, a parent is doing it :)