Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Waagenaar

[OL- CH IV - CAT A] Terraversan War Memorial

Reconstruction of a city is not just repairing and replacing buildings. It also includes building places where people can remember the events that have happened.

The Terraversan War Memorial in Kingsport is such a place. Where people can go to mourn the people they have lost due to the horrors of the war.
Soldiers, who lost their comrades.
Fathers, who lost their sons and daughters.
Partners, who lost their lovers.
Children, who lost their parents.

Building memorials ensures their names will be remembered forever.

51262811302_8faafc0e7e_b.jpg
Terraversan War Memorial

51262811292_55dd80ff8c_b.jpg
Terraversan War Memorial

OOC: I wanted to build a memorial site like the ones you see for WW1 and 2 all over Europe. And so I came up with this. It includes a large obelisk (I think that's what they're called) with characters and a cross depicted 
on it. On the top is an angel to represent the afterlife all these people have gone to.

I also made a large wall where the names of all the deceased would have been written on. Sadly, due to this being digital, I can't really make the letters tiny. Otherwise I would have used a custom sticker to add lots of lines 
making it look like a massive amount of names. And it's the first try using minifigures in Studio! I definitely prefer using real minifigures, but I'm definitely not good enough at photoshop to make that happen :P.

My plans are to license it as a medium Arts/Culture in Kings Port, this is in support of Oldis (Whilst not specifically Oldis, it's definitely in support of his citizens)

Edited by Thomas Waagenaar

Well built memorable place with memorial and plaques.

A really nice design, well rendered and a great concept. A really minor nitpick, and certainly not something to worry about now, but Crucifixes aren't really a big meaningful symbol on the Brick Seas. With the dominant religion being the Order of the Faith,  they just don't have the same significance. 

30 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

A really nice design, well rendered and a great concept. A really minor nitpick, and certainly not something to worry about now, but Crucifixes aren't really a big meaningful symbol on the Brick Seas. With the dominant religion being the Order of the Faith,  they just don't have the same significance. 

Thanks! And I see, what kind of symbol does the faith have? I'll go around and see if I can change it to something else! I'm just so used to seeing the large rows of graves with white crucifixes on them 😅

1 hour ago, NOD said:

Well built memorable place with memorial and plaques.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

what kind of symbol does the faith have?

We never really nailed that down. I've been head-canoning that a fleur de lys is a symbol of the faith, representing the three Aplynician Brothers. However, I don't think I've actually put that idea down anywhere. 

Your solution definitely works well. Lightning bolts to represent Zeus, a trident for Poseidon, and maybe a scythe for Hades? Of course, this isn't an Orthodox religion (in the original sense of the word), so there is definitely room to interpret symbols of the three brothers in whatever way you see fit. 

Is Really nicely done! It captures the local monument feel very well while also the statue itself is large and impressive enough to be powerful without overpowering. I agree doing minifigs in studio is tedious, but I also think it turns the scene into a story, well done.