Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #2: Deep Dive

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Yes and no... I am Agent Lars and I am not... We are intertwined... As has always been intended... and thanks to you... we can finally... return."

An inquisitive look came to Felix's face as he raised an eyebrow, hearing Agent Lars' answers. "Riiiight..."

He pointed his thumb at Varen. "What he asked. So you're calling each other from the Void? Did the people from Lupin use you to lure the creature here? What is that creature anyway?"

51326296090_8034d82422_t.jpg
"Lupin's work was completed... before we arrived..." The Thudaal looks to the tank. "It is us... but now that you have freed us... it is no longer... needed..."

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"By all means... we shall accompany you... Intertwined... how do you say it... made whole... If you wish to understand better... please approach the tank..."

Fine might be the only way to get a straight answer here. 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Lupin's work was completed... before we arrived..." The Thudaal looks to the tank. "It is us... but now that you have freed us... it is no longer... needed..."

So, if we open the tank up it is not going to out right attack us? 

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Why would we... attack you? We have achieved... unity... what is left but to add... to the collective?"

"You tell me, Lars. What can you add to the collective? What collective are you speaking of anyway?", Felix asked. The more 'answers' he got, the more puzzling the whole situation became.

He turned to his team mates. "What do you make of all this? Should we release the creature?" The Chimeran paused and looked at the tank: "I have a bad feeling about this. I don't trust... whatever it is we are speaking to, but it seems like the only opportunity to get some answers."

Felix addressed Lars once again: "Did Lupin Biotech specifically hire you to guard their premises? I mean, you think they did it to lure the creature here from the dark realm and then have it connect with you?"

The Chimeran frowned as he couldn't yet see the connection between the dots. All cards or parties seemed to be on the table, but Felix couldn't establish a story line or relationship between any as of yet. Numerous thoughts raced through his mind. "Who was the winning party in this scenario? Was it Lupin, because they managed to succeed in their experiment? Or did Lars benefit by discovering his connection to this creature... or collective?"

Felix remembered the O'kuruk scientist worriedly watching over Lars' body back in the real world. "Why would Lars let go of his 'self' and 'real life' in favor of this ethereal state?"

37 minutes ago, Khorne said:

"You tell me, Lars. What can you add to the collective? What collective are you speaking of anyway?", Felix asked. The more 'answers' he got, the more puzzling the whole situation became.

He turned to his team mates. "What do you make of all this? Should we release the creature?" The Chimeran paused and looked at the tank: "I have a bad feeling about this. I don't trust... whatever it is we are speaking to, but it seems like the only opportunity to get some answers."

Felix addressed Lars once again: "Did Lupin Biotech specifically hire you to guard their premises? I mean, you think they did it to lure the creature here from the dark realm and then have it connect with you?"

The Chimeran frowned as he couldn't yet see the connection between the dots. All cards or parties seemed to be on the table, but Felix couldn't establish a story line or relationship between any as of yet. Numerous thoughts raced through his mind. "Who was the winning party in this scenario? Was it Lupin, because they managed to succeed in their experiment? Or did Lars benefit by discovering his connection to this creature... or collective?"

Felix remembered the O'kuruk scientist worriedly watching over Lars' body back in the real world. "Why would Lars let go of his 'self' and 'real life' in favor of this ethereal state?"

"We were simply part of the security patrol assigned... Lupin could not have known our... connection... they were fools to tear us from our... home... But now that we are whole... it has worked out for the... best."

MM Note: Feel free to continue trying to puzzle the scenario out via dialog, don't forget you have skills that can be used as well to learn more about the situation. :classic:

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"We were simply part of the security patrol assigned... Lupin could not have known our... connection... they were fools to tear us from our... home... But now that we are whole... it has worked out for the... best."

Felix listened intently to what Lars was trying to say. As he spoke, the Chimeran tried to garner some insight in the debacle. How much was Lars actually speaking for himself or how much was he under control of the creature?

"Alrighty then, the creature was here before you arrived and your... symbiosis... merely transpired by accident?", he theorized aloud, but was unsure of the story.

Twirling his whiskers pensively, the feline Chimeran gazed upon the tank once more. He recalled Lars saying to step closer to the vat to understand the story, so Felix did. Reluctantly he walked to the vat and assessed the possible danger (Survival check). Perhaps if he placed his hand upon the glass, a string of visions would cross Felix's mind in a similar way to the data cubes.

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Why would we... attack you? We have achieved... unity... what is left but to add... to the collective?"

7 hours ago, Khorne said:

I don't know, the way he said "collective" we might be joining this "collective" next. 

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Are you two from the same place? 

Polaris gets closer to the tank to get a better look of this creature. 

Felix Insight Proficiency Check (DC 1, 3) - (5, 5, 5, 1) 3 Successes

As Felix listens to the Thudaal he is certain that he is not communicating only with Lars.

"Indeed... a fortunate one... together after so many eons."

Felix Survival Proficiency Check (DC 1, 3) - (3, 5, 6, 5) 3 Successes

A sense of growing unease and dread builds in Felix as he draws closer to the tank, a painful pressure building in his mind and permeating through his body.

Presence Smarts vs. Felix Smarts - (5, 5) 2 Successes vs (2, 1) 0 Successes

Felix grasped his head in agony. "Argh!"

The Chimeran struggled to express his will, but managed to exclaim: "Varen, shut the tank. NOW!"

The Thudaal turns to Felix's companions.

"No you mustn't... we cannot go back to sleep... He is only resisting the Collective... he will soon see the truth..."

OOC: Am I able to use deception to see if the Thudaal is lying, or ommitting facts? Is that insght?

6 minutes ago, KotZ said:

OOC: Am I able to use deception to see if the Thudaal is lying, or ommitting facts? Is that insght?

MM Note: That would be insight.

"There's somthing more here," Varen said as he inched his way closer to the tank to shut it off.  He attempts Insight on the Thudaal. "What aren't you telling us?"

18 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I don't know, the way he said "collective" we might be joining this "collective" next. 

Are you two from the same place? 

Polaris gets closer to the tank to get a better look of this creature. 

MM Note: Sorry I missed this it looks like I posted right when you did.

"Indeed... long separated... now made whole."

Polaris moves next to the tank as well.

Presence Smarts vs. Polaris Smarts - (6, 1) 1 Success vs (3, 4) 1 Successes

A painful pressure begins to build in Polari's mind as if something is trying to worm its way inside. (1 point of Damage)

51268930864_2cd711dfb8_t.jpg
Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle) 
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points: 2/12
Vitality: 7/8 
Velocity: 2
Strength: 
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 
Proficiencies: Medicine 1, Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells: none, 
Credits: 10
Equipment: Mecha Strike (standard, kinetic, melee weapon)
Inventory: Nanite Elixer (2x), Stun Sword (Standard Elemental Melee Range Weapon)

19 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"There's something more here," Varen said as he inched his way closer to the tank to shut it off.  He attempts Insight on the Thudaal. "What aren't you telling us?"

Varen Insight Proficiency Check (DC 1,3) - (5, 5, 5, 5) 4 Successes

"What is there to tell... we are now one... your friends will soon be... as well... the fools that brought us here... graced us with an opportunity... we had yet to discover... ourselves... They sought control... but in so doing... will lose it..."

Varen discerns that while the Thudaal or whatever is speaking through him is telling the truth, the motives may be more manipulative and neffarious.

Presence Smarts vs. Varen Smarts - (1, 2) 0 Successes vs (3, 5) 1 Success

The pressure builds on Varen's mind as well, but just as it swells he is able to push back and the pressure lessens the force seeming put-off.

"Why do you resist the Collective... all will be well... when we are one."

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Why do you resist the Collective... all will be well... when we are one."

Ouch! Back off creep! At this point Polaris "punches" Lars. Maybe, that will nock some sense in to you. Someone put that thing back into stasis, now. 

"Yeah, collective doesn;t sound to good with me, buddy." Varne looks for an off switch. "Uh, should we just shoot a control panel? Can we unplug him?"

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Yeah, collective doesn;t sound to good with me, buddy." Varne looks for an off switch. "Uh, should we just shoot a control panel? Can we unplug him?"

Aaaammmm maybe look for an off switch first. 

On 7/29/2021 at 5:00 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Ouch! Back off creep! At this point Polaris "punches" Lars. Maybe, that will nock some sense in to you. Someone put that thing back into stasis, now. 

"You will not stop... us..."

Agent Lars draws his weapon and the creature in the tank begins to emanate a sense of dread over the storage annex. Felix goes rigid as the monster attempts to take over his mind.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

51344859409_d11b4db635_c.jpg

Initiative:
Polaris - (4, 4) 2 Successes
Felix - (4, 4) 2 Successes
Varen - (5, 2) 1 Success

Agent Lars - (3, 5) 1 Success
Tank Creature - (2) 0 Successes

The Party
51268930864_2cd711dfb8_t.jpg
Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle) 
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Vitality: 7/8 
Strength: 
Spirit: 
Proficiencies: Medicine 1, Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells: none, 
Credits: 10
Equipment: Mecha Strike (standard, kinetic, melee weapon)
Inventory: Nanite Elixer (2x), Stun Sword (Standard Elemental Melee Range Weapon)

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ)
26, Male, Human
Vitality: 4/5
Strength: 1
Spirit: 0
Proficiencies: Culture 2, Deception 1, Insight 1, Persuasion 2, Long Range Weapon 1
Known Spells (if applicable): 
Credits: 55
Equipment: Lawyer's Rifle (Standard Long Range Energy weapon), Translator Cube
Inventory: 1x Essence of Glibness, 1x Essence of Intellect, Ion Repeater (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon)

51239752472_33cc55f83d_o.jpg
Felix Mao (Khorne) *Mission Leader* *Stunned*
37 Cycles Old Male Chimeran
Character Points: 3/12
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 3
Strength: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 1, Coding 1, Survival 1, Nature 1
Known Spells: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 0
Equipment: 'Old Reliable' Plasma Handgun (Standard Short Range Energy Weapon), Hacking Chip
Inventory: Plasma Potion (1x), Cloaking Generator

The Enemy
Possessed Agent Lars
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Persuasion 1, Religion 1
Spells: Purging Font, Solar Flare
Credits: 0
Equipment: Plasma Rapier (Standard Energy Melee Weapon), Blast Plating (Standard Energy Armor)
Inventory: Standard Issue Peace Keeper (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon)

51344342313_cc8cb18707_t.jpg
Tank Creature *Large*
Vitality: 10/10
Velocity: 0
Strength: 2
Skill: 1
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Occult 3, Persuasion 1, Deception 1, Insight 1
Spells Known: Gravity Sink, Entropic Mending, Meditate
Credits: 0
Equipment: Piercing Mandibles (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Impenetrable Carapace (Padded Kinetic Armor), Terrifying Presence (Tool, On their turn enemies adjacent to the Tank Creature, must succeed on a Opposed Smarts Check or be Frightened for the remainder of their turn)
Inventory: None

Large enemies take up multiple squares and there space may not be moved through.

MM Note: To be clear, there are ways to snap Felix out of his stunned condition, I'll let you strategize on them

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well that didn't work...

Should I try to help Felix. 

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

Is the tank creature stuck in the tank still.

MM Note: It is still in the tank.

MM Note: Alright folks, we've hit 48hrs, go ahead and put some actions out there even if they're more rambling ideas. :classic: @Khorne you're totally within your rights to strategize as a fellow player even if Felix is stunned currently.

Okay, I wasn't sure how much I could pitch in, with Felix being possessed and all. However, to be honest, I also haven't got the faintest idea on how to handle this...

Polaris and Varen probably need to move away from the creature, in order to not have to do a Frighten check every turn. On the other hand, they also need to stay close to each other to boost one another, because without any sort of boost we don't even stand a chance, I think. On the other other hand: we can't kill Lars, because he needs to be brought in alive. So yeah, I can't see a clear strategy or approach here.

Re: Felix; no clue there. Maybe someone can shake him really hard, so he snaps out of it? :grin:

Also, @WBD: what do the points in Lars' stats list mean?

Damage! Felix, snap out of it! Moves to c4 then Tries to cure Felix of his Stunned mind. 

OoC:

On 7/29/2021 at 9:38 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Polaris - (4, 4) 2 Successes
Felix - (4, 4) 2 Successes
Soren - (5, 2) 1 Success

Agent Lars - (3, 5) 1 Success
Tank Creature - (2) 0 Successes

Soren ??? Did he join the fight and Varen leave? 

For the others I think we should just contrate our attacks on the Tank Creature. I guess Felix and Varen should move to a optimal attack range for the Tank. As for Lars I could eventually move to deal with him and if necessary stabilizing him.

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

On 8/1/2021 at 8:31 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Damage! Felix, snap out of it! Moves to c4 then Tries to cure Felix of his Stunned mind. 

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

Soren ??? Did he join the fight and Varen leave? 

For the others I think we should just contrate our attacks on the Tank Creature. I guess Felix and Varen should move to a optimal attack range for the Tank. As for Lars I could eventually move to deal with him and if necessary stabilizing him.

MM Note: Fixed. By cure are you using one of your Nanite Elixers?

On 8/1/2021 at 7:56 AM, Khorne said:

Okay, I wasn't sure how much I could pitch in, with Felix being possessed and all. However, to be honest, I also haven't got the faintest idea on how to handle this...

Polaris and Varen probably need to move away from the creature, in order to not have to do a Frighten check every turn. On the other hand, they also need to stay close to each other to boost one another, because without any sort of boost we don't even stand a chance, I think. On the other other hand: we can't kill Lars, because he needs to be brought in alive. So yeah, I can't see a clear strategy or approach here.

Re: Felix; no clue there. Maybe someone can shake him really hard, so he snaps out of it? :grin:

Also, @WBD: what do the points in Lars' stats list mean?

MM Note: The points were a left over from the balance calculation. :blush: As I've mentioned to the group in the other quest, you can attack with intention to deal non-lethal damage. Just let me know that in your descriptions.