Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #1: Mercenaries On the Boreal Express

15 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

There’s a difference between being unconscious and bleeding out. They definitely didn’t think I was dead, they just believed I didn’t have the cube. I’ve told you all that happened, I don’t know what else you want

"Why didn't they search you? They were looking for the documents too, and they didn't have any way of knowing Zaria's the one who has them. And. . . Who gave you that cut?

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Why didn't they search you? They were looking for the documents too, and they didn't have any way of knowing Zaria's the one who has them. And. . . Who gave you that cut?

39 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

‘Beat me up, wanted to know where the cube was, gave me this cut. Soren motions to his face. 

They did, I already said that. And how should I know why they didn’t search me? They seemed to believe me, that’s all I know. 

26 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

They did, I already said that. And how should I know why they didn’t search me? They seemed to believe me, that’s all I know. 

"I asked who gave you that cut - What did 'they' look like? And I don't know why Blackguard wouldn't search you; this whole thing seems either really sloppy on their part, or - pardon the phrase - really sus on yours. And you still haven't said why you picked up the cube. . . "  

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana paused to take a deep breath. 

"I can't. My suit's nanoadaptive, so the gauntlet is integrated with my other gear." 
Turning towards Soren, Yelana looked back at Zaria. 
"Remember when you said our ancestors hide things in order to keep us safe now? Contemporaries do that too." 

"I find that very hard to believe that your suit is nano-whatever." Zaria replies. "You are either going to find a way to remove that gauntlet now, or I will provide the solution." Zaria removes her khopesh from her back, but does not unsheathe it to emphasis her point.

27 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"I asked who gave you that cut - What did 'they' look like? And I don't know why Blackguard wouldn't search you; this whole thing seems either really sloppy on their part, or - pardon the phrase - really sus on yours. And you still haven't said why you picked up the cube. . . "  

I’m sorry I didn’t get a good look at them while I was being beat to a pulp. I picked it up because I wanted to see if we could carry it, rather than just leaving it on the floor of the train, since I didn’t know you had pilfered some energy gloves. 

I’m sorry if it’s such a crime to try to wrap up our op. 

32 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"I find that very hard to believe that your suit is nano-whatever." Zaria replies. "You are either going to find a way to remove that gauntlet now, or I will provide the solution." Zaria removes her khopesh from her back, but does not unsheathe it to emphasis her point.

"Well, it is, and that's not going to work either, so let's cut the buIIshit and figure out our way out of here. And besides, if you did get the gauntlet, what would you do with it? Return it, and admit you stole the project files?" 

25 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I’m sorry I didn’t get a good look at them while I was being beat to a pulp. I picked it up because I wanted to see if we could carry it, rather than just leaving it on the floor of the train, since I didn’t know you had pilfered some energy gloves. 

I’m sorry if it’s such a crime to try to wrap up our op. 

"Oh, lose the attitude, Soren; you had to have seen them get into the car - That's how you knew they were Blackguard, remember? And you seriously can't even tell me what species was holding a knife against your head?!" 

11 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Oh, lose the attitude, Soren; you had to have seen them get into the car - That's how you knew they were Blackguard, remember? And you seriously can't tell me even what species was holding a knife against your head?!" 

Attitude!? I just got attacked, and you’re accusing me of - what exactly are you accusing me of? Minding telling me where the cube is, miss Cloaking Device? There were bright dropship lights and a head injury, you bet I wasn’t focused on identifying the exact species of my attackers in case my teammate interrogated me. 

Just now, The Legonater said:

Attitude!? I just got attacked, and you’re accusing me of - what exactly are you accusing me of? Minding telling me where the cube is, miss Cloaking Device? There were bright dropship lights and a head injury, you bet I wasn’t focused on identifying the exact species of my attackers in case my teammate interrogated me. 

"You were being snarky, and I'm not accusing you of anything - I just don't think your story adds up. Like, why did you have a head injury when the dropship arrived? I thought they gave it to you. You didn't see anything before you were attacked?" 

Zaria took a deep breath. Was cutting this child's arm off really the appropriate measure? She meditated on the issue for a moment. Bloodshed would not fix this... but a wrong had to be made right. A lesson had to be taught. Zaria was the group leader, and insubordination would bring them to ruin.

"If either of you have the cube, an investigation by the Space Police will reveal it on your person. The three of us were here and present when it was found on the Blackguard agent's corpse, and due to the properties of the cube it will be found. I am going to take the engineers to the staff of the train. You two are going to remain here and watch each other. Then, the three of us will comply to a search from the Space Police, specifically for the cube. Do I make myself clear?" Zaria sighed. She looked disapprovingly at Soren, and more so at Yelana. "Unless one of you wishes to provide it now."

11 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"You were being snarky, and I'm not accusing you of anything - I just don't think your story adds up. Like, why did you have a head injury when the dropship arrived? I thought they gave it to you. You didn't see anything before you were attacked?" 

Soren squinted at Yelana. For a spy, you don’t seem to know how head injuries work. 

At Zaria’s intervention, Soren swung his arms out. Believe me, I’d love nothing more than to be able to offer the cube right now. 

Just now, The Legonater said:

Soren squinted at Yelana. For a spy, you don’t seem to know how head injuries work. 

At Zaria’s intervention, Soren swung his arms out. Believe me, I’d love nothing more than to be able to offer the cube right now. 

"You forget, Soren: the cube is radioactive. It also emits a sonic frequency. All it takes is for the Space Police to check our persons with equipment that can pick up either.

Of course, that person will also have to explain to the Space Police why they have the cube on their person." Zaria picks up one of the engineers and prepares to see them brought to someone with medical expertise. "Stay. Put. Both of you. No moving around the car, at all."

4 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

"It was the way you said it - It sounded like you meant you couldn't identify the assailants when they boarded, since you had a head injury." 

19 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"If either of you have the cube, an investigation by the Space Police will reveal it on your person. The three of us were here and present when it was found on the Blackguard agent's corpse, and due to the properties of the cube it will be found. I am going to take the engineers to the staff of the train. You two are going to remain here and watch each other. Then, the three of us will comply to a search from the Space Police, specifically for the cube. Do I make myself clear?" 

"Fine, but. . . " 
Yelana moved closer to Zaria and lowered her voice. 
"Do you really think - if the cube is found - that turning it over to the Space Police is the right thing to do? I think I know what it is, or, rather, what's inside the cube - If I'm right, it's a conspiracy implicating multiple corporations, organisations, and governments in what have to be major ethics-violations. Since SP's got the backs of all the corps in Nendara - just as an example - how likely do you think it is that they'll do the right thing and investigate this? Do you think they even have the equipment to? Or the funding? Or do you think they'll cover for M-Tec now, like they do whenever someone brings up the working conditions for Undead on the Æthergate project?" 

Yelana looked casually around the car. 
"<Find me something to block the cube's rad signature.>" 
"<SCANNING. . . >" 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Actions: Perception and Technology checks. 

16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Fine, but. . . " 

Yelana moved closer to Zaria and lowered her voice. 
"Do you really think - if the cube is found - that turning it over to the Space Police is the right thing to do? I think I know what it is, or, rather, what's inside the cube - If I'm right, it's a conspiracy implicating multiple corporations, organisations, and governments in what have to be major ethics-violations. Since SP's got the backs of all the corps in Nendara - just as an example - how likely do you think it is that they'll do the right thing and investigate this? Do you think they even have the equipment to? Or the funding? Or do you think they'll cover for M-Tec now, like they do whenever someone brings up the working conditions for Undead on the Æthergate project?" 

Zaria audibly huffed as Yelana leaned in, disinterested in whatever Yelana had to say. "I doubt you believe in anything you just said, considering how often you have lied to me." Zaria began carrying the unconscious engineer out of the car. She speaks to Yelana with her back turned to her. "I have nothing to hide from the Space Police, Yelana. Will you?" She turns back to look at Soren. Despite being disappointed in him, she trusted him more than Yelana. "Soren, if she moves from where she currently stands, tell me. Neither of you are to attempt to hide anything. I do not work with petty bandits."

8 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana looked casually around the car. 
"<Find me something to block the cube's rad signature.>" 
"<SCANNING. . . >" 

OoC: 

Hide contents

Actions: Perception and Technology checks. 

MM Note: If you're trying to keep it hidden from your companions, I'd suggest sending me this type of action in private. :wink: Also, this is a straight technology proficiency check.

Yelana Technology Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (6,2,4) 2 Success

Yelana spots the fuel storage chamber where Slice had originally pulled the cube from in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: If you're trying to keep it hidden from your companions, I'd suggest sending me this type of action in private. :wink: 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Ah. I assumed that since @The Legonater and @Kintobor already know that Yelana has the cube, I could post this publicly. 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OoC: 

Hide contents

Ah. I assumed that since @The Legonater and @Kintobor already know that Yelana has the cube, I could post this publicly. 

MM Note: You're always free to post it in the public thread, I just figured I'd let you know you have an option if you don't want them to know what you're planning. :laugh:

9 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria audibly huffed as Yelana leaned in, disinterested in whatever Yelana had to say. "I doubt you believe in anything you just said, considering how often you have lied to me." Zaria began carrying the unconscious engineer out of the car. She speaks to Yelana with her back turned to her. "I have nothing to hide from the Space Police, Yelana. Will you?" She turns back to look at Soren. Despite being disappointed in him, she trusted him more than Yelana. "Soren, if she moves from where she currently stands, tell me. Neither of you are to attempt to hide anything. I do not work with petty bandits."

Yelana shouted after Zaria, as she left the car. 
"So you'll work with slavers? And enablers? People who don't give a shit about anyone not lining their wallets? I thought you had some integrity, Khopesh, but once again, you can't see anything that's not right in front of you!" 

Soren sat down, content. 

If I were in your shoes, I would have just given up the cube. 

Edited by The Legonater

Yelana leaned back against the reactor, diagonally across from Soren, and crossed her arms. 
"So, what's your opinion of the Space Police? I just can't believe someone who's been around for so long can be so naive. . . " 
Yelana shook her head disappointedly. 

54 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

If I were in your shoes, I would have just given up the cube. 

"What makes you think I even have it? Kinda feels like you're projecting your excuses onto me, TBH." 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana leaned back against the reactor, diagonally across from Soren, and crossed her arms. 
"So, what's your opinion of the Space Police? I just can't believe someone who's been around for so long can be so naive. . . " 

Aren't you Blackguard? You're 'ardly in a place to judge ITAs.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"What makes you think I even have it? Kinda feels like you're projecting your excuses onto me, TBH." 

Well I know for a damn fact I had it before you walked into the room, and I'm proficient enough to know you've been switching that damn cloaking generator on and off all quest. I ain't an idiot, Yelana, I can put two and two together. 

32 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Aren't you Blackguard? You're 'ardly in a place to judge ITAs.

"No, I'm not. I have friends who are, and if you want to get technical, they're us, in a tangential sort of need-to-know way. And that's irrelevant as to who I can judge, or rather, state verifiable facts about. And you didn't answer my question." 

38 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Well I know for a damn fact I had it before you walked into the room, and I'm proficient enough to know you've been switching that damn cloaking generator on and off all quest. I ain't an idiot, Yelana, I can put two and two together. 

"Alright, I'll humour you: If you were conscious the entire time - from the attack to Zaria and me finding you bleeding out - and you know I had my cloaking generator active, why didn't you say or do anything when I took the cube? Because according to your reasoning, I took the cube, so why didn't you try to stop me while I was taking it? Unless. . . You were unconscious when Zaria and I walked in and saw you, and whoever attacked you was the one who took the cube. You just didn't realise you'd blacked out. You suffered some serious head trauma, Soren; blackouts and hallucinations aren't just possible, they're likely." 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"No, I'm not. I have friends who are, and if you want to get technical, they're us, in a tangential sort of need-to-know way. And that's irrelevant as to who I can judge, or rather, state verifiable facts about. And you didn't answer my question." 

"Alright, I'll humour you: If you were conscious the entire time - from the attack to Zaria and me finding you bleeding out - and you know I had my cloaking generator active, why didn't you say or do anything when I took the cube? Because according to your reasoning, I took the cube, so why didn't you try to stop me while I was taking it? Unless. . . You were unconscious when Zaria and I walked in and saw you, and whoever attacked you was the one who took the cube. You just didn't realise you'd blacked out. You suffered some serious head trauma, Soren; blackouts and hallucinations aren't just possible, they're likely." 

I was never unconscious, mate. But I was, y'know, kind of in a lot of pain and hardly able to stop a woman with a cloak from pilfering through my pockets. 

To answer your question, Space Police sucks. Blackguard sucks. Hart sucks. Whatever the hell "us" you're part of probably sucks. Autonomous institutions aren't my jam. 'Speaking of, why the stars are you so convinced the cube is like a 'conspiracy' or whatever? No one said anything like that, not even Kish.

1 minute ago, The Legonater said:

I was never unconscious, mate. But I was, y'know, kind of in a lot of pain and hardly able to stop a woman with a cloak from pilfering through my pockets. 

Yelana tapped a finger against her lips. 
"Right, right, but then so why were you so surprised when you discovered the cube'd been taken? You should've known right away. Right?" 

5 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

To answer your question, Space Police sucks. Blackguard sucks. Hart sucks. Whatever the hell "us" you're part of probably sucks. Autonomous institutions aren't my jam. 'Speaking of, why the stars are you so convinced the cube is like a 'conspiracy' or whatever? No one said anything like that, not even Kish.

"I'd try to explain it, but with that blood dripping down the side of your face, I'm not sure you'd understand it. And who the hells is 'Kish'?" 

OoC Continuity Note: 

Spoiler

I know that Kish is the M-Tec Quarm, but Yelana had left the dining car by the time he introduced himself, so she has no idea who Soren is talking about.