Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #1: Mercenaries On the Boreal Express

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Both sides exchange fire with little effect as Soren repositions, but the O’Kor’uk is hot on his heels.

"Dammit! Switching to kill - Hopefully this'll do some damage! <Target locked.>" 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Yelana fires at Crunch. 

51459776002_14f4e66cdf_b.jpg

Both parties find themselves evenly matched as each trade blows but neither side seems to make headway.

Round 6
Yelana vs. Agent Crunch - (3, +2,-1) 1 Success vs. (6,6) 2 Successes = 0 Damage
Zaria casts Imposing Word on Soren - Soren +5 Armor Mod on next Defensive Combat Check (-1 Spirit)
Soren vs. Agent Crunch - (3, +1) 1 Success vs. (4,6) 2 Successes = 0 Damage

Blackguard Agent Slice vs. Soren - (1,5,+1) 2 Successes vs (4,5,+5) 2 Successes= 0 Damage
Blackguard Agent Crunch vs. Zaria - (4,3,+1) 2 Successes vs. (1,6,+1) 2 Success = 0 Damage

51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg
"Crunch, we've got to wrap this quick, I've got a plan, hold tight!"

Enemy

51362875609_072c927324_t.jpg
Blackguard Agent Pierce *Stabilized*
Vitality: 0/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 0/4
Proficiencies: Arcana 2, Insight 1, Technology 1
Spells Known: Charm, Elemental Evocation, Meditate, Photonic Modulation, Warding Bond 
Credits: 5
Equipment: Cryo Ray (Standard Elemental Long Range Weapon), Holo-scroll
Inventory: Æther Brew

51362875639_f0088cce41_t.jpg
Blackguard Agent Crunch
Vitality: 6/7
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Long Range Weapons 2, Melee Weapons 2, Explosives 1
Equipment: Titanium Knuckle Dusters (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon) standard Issue Security Rifle (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon), Tactical Chainmail (Standard Kinetic Armor), Exo-suit
Inventory: Plasma Potion, standard Issue Security Rifle (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon)

51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg
 G2 Blackguard Agent Slice
Vitality: 5/5
Spirit: 1/2
Proficiencies: Acrobatics 1, Melee Weapons 2, Perception 1, Arcana 1, Stealth 1
Spells Known: Quantum Transposition, Illusory Clone
Equipment: Beam Blade (Standard Energy Melee Weapon), Tactical Leathers (Standard Energy Armor), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Standard Issue Security Blaster (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Plasma Potion, Energy Source (Mission Specific Item)

Party

51159739184_6833cca547_o.png
Zaria Kanara (Kintobor)
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 1/11
Vitality: 6/6
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Religion 1, Melee Weapons 2
Known Spells: Warding Bond, Solar Flare
Credits: 0
Equipment: Power Khopesh (Standard Kintetic Melee Weapon), Dune Sea Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: Repeating Slug Thrower (Standard Kintetic Long Range Weapon)

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg
Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)
31-year-old male Human
Vitality: 3/5
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Arcana 1, Insight 1, Piloting 2, Short-Range Weapons 1
Credits: 10
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Entropic Mending
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged standard energy weapon)
Inventory: Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Vibro-Knife (Melee Standard Energy Weapon), Project File Folder (Mission Item)

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 
Unknown age Female Human. 
Vitality: 6/6
Skill: 3 
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Artillery Weapons 1, Perception 1, Deception 1, Arcana 1 
Known Spells: Obfuscate 
Equipment: Modular Sniper Rifle (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon), Farsight Goggles, Radiation Gauntlet (Standard Energy Armor)
Inventory: Plasma Potion x2, Cloaking Generator

'aight, I've had just about enough. Zaria, cover me, Yelana, target Crunch. I'm going to give you a boost

Soren moves to H3 and Rallies Yelana.

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Both parties find themselves evenly matched as each trade blows but neither side seems to make headway.

"Alright, enough of this buIIshit!" 
Yelana looks back at the tanks in the corner. 
"Soren, get to G4; Zaria, take my spot at H4 and Rally me - I'll get to F4 and hit the tank at H2 from an angle. That blast should at least put a dent in Slice!

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Soren moves to H3 and Rallies Yelana.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Agreed." Zaria defends Soren.

"NonononoI've got this - This'll work." 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Soren, get to G4; Zaria, take my spot at H4 and Rally me - I'll get to F4 and hit the tank at H2 from an angle. That blast should at least put a dent in Slice!

Soren pauses in the middle of his action. 

Eliding past the fact that you just interrupted my plan, I’d like to point out two things. 

Number one: Zaria ain’t gonna be able to rally you from that far away. 

Number two: if that tank blows like you want it to, your precious cube blows too. And any of us standing too shy to it. 

I’m not even fully ‘gainst this, but it’s one hell of a gamble and right now we could use some chips at our table. 

7 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Number one: Zaria ain’t gonna be able to rally you from that far away. 

"Oh, right - Okay, You to H4 and Zaria to G4." 

9 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Number two: if that tank blows like you want it to, your precious cube blows too. And any of us standing too shy to it. 

"Not likely - If that cube's as delicate as most skin is, it would've disintegrated from its own power. It has to be strong enough to withstand a blast, if it's been powering the train's reactor - Which it has." 

12 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I’m not even fully ‘gainst this, but it’s one hell of a gamble and right now we could use some chips at our table. 

Yelana shrugged, smirking just a bit. 
"I mean. . . it's unconventional, but it's not impossible. And I agree we need to start thinking outside the box - What we've been doing just is not going to work." 

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Not likely - If that cube's as delicate as most skin is, it would've disintegrated from its own power. It has to be strong enough to withstand a blast, if it's been powering the train's reactor - Which it has." 

Ah, ‘pologies, I didn’t realize Blackguard gave out badges to folks who didn’t know the difference between a stable blast and an unstable one. ‘At’s thoughtful of them, really. 

‘Fact is, we have no idea of knowing just what effect an uncontrolled blast might have on a power source like this. Wouldn’t be the first time a source of power had explosive potential. 

But it’s not really my call. ‘nd like you said, maybe we could use the wild card. Zaria, you’re the boss. Is it worth it?

"If you are going to try and suggest that I am capable of levelling your rifle as you aim for a very specific point, think again. Either readjust your plan to keep Soren and I out of a potential blast, or follow my lead and fire at the Menahi!"

OOC: As Duvors stated, you cannot rally a Proficiency check, and this has been ruled as one. If you want to readjust your proposed strategy and keep Soren and I away from a blast, then sure, I'm willing to try it out. I'm still going to either Defend or Warding Bond Soren though to ensure he doesn't get blasted if the canister explosion hits us.

Edited by Kintobor

Worth noting, I can't get to G4 or H4, so wherever I go I'm either in the blast range of that thing, or I'm stuck between two melee fighters. Not a great look for me.

WBD, I don't know how you feel about conditional actions, but for the sake of time, if Yelana follows along Soren will move to G3 and Rally her. If Yelana plans to blow up the tank, he will instead move to G3 and shoot Crunch

12 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

WBD, I don't know how you feel about conditional actions, but for the sake of time, if Yelana follows along Soren will move to G3 and Rally her. If Yelana plans to blow up the tank, he will instead move to G3 and shoot Crunch

MM Note: That's fine with me.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, The Legonater said:

Ah, ‘pologies, I didn’t realize Blackguard gave out badges to folks who didn’t know the difference between a stable blast and an unstable one. ‘At’s thoughtful of them, really. 

"Huh? . . ." 

On 9/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, The Legonater said:

'Fact is, we have no idea of knowing just what effect an uncontrolled blast might have on a power source like this. Wouldn’t be the first time a source of power had explosive potential. 

"It wouldn't be an uncontrolled blast. I know what I'm doing - Trust me." 

OoC: 

Spoiler
On 9/13/2021 at 5:13 PM, The Legonater said:

Worth noting, I can't get to G4 or H4, so wherever I go I'm either in the blast range of that thing, or I'm stuck between two melee fighters. Not a great look for me.

Soren can Dash, FYI. 

On 9/13/2021 at 4:15 PM, Kintobor said:

"If you are going to try and suggest that I am capable of levelling your rifle as you aim for a very specific point, think again. Either readjust your plan to keep Soren and I out of a potential blast, or follow my lead and fire at the Menahi!"

"Fine. I've got this - Just stay clear! <Target locked.>" 
Yelana aimed at the tank and fired. 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Yelana stays at H4 and fires at the tank in H2 from an angle, such that the blast will be directed towards Slice (and possibly Crunch, depending upon the range). 

Spoiler
19 hours ago, Kintobor said:

OOC: If C_S decides to shoot the barrel, Zaria will defend Soren and move to F4.

Yelana needs to be at F4, in order to hit the tank at the proper angle. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

7 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Huh? . . ." 

"It wouldn't be an uncontrolled blast. I know what I'm doing - Trust me." 

OoC: 

Reveal hidden contents

Soren can Dash, FYI. 

"Fine. I've got this - Just stay clear! <Target locked.>" 
Yelana aimed at the tank and fired. 

OoC: 

Hide contents

Yelana moves to F4 and fires at the tank at H2 from an angle, such that the blast will be directed towards Slice (and possibly Crunch, depending upon the range). 

Hide contents

Yelana needs to be at F4, in order to hit the tank at the proper angle. 

MM Note: Yelana can shoot the tank from where she's at, no need to be precise on the angle of the physics.

47 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Yelana can shoot the tank from where she's at, no need to be precise on the angle of the physics.

OoC: 

Spoiler

Really? Since Yelana is trying to put a hole in the tank such that whatever is inside is blasted out in a more-or-less straight line (hitting Slice and Crunch), I thought that the DC would be lower if she were in a different spot. As it is, if she hits the tank at H2, the blast could shoot back towards her, or she could overshoot it and hit the tank standing in H1. She is specifically not trying to get the tank to just explode. 

32 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OoC: 

Hide contents

Really? Since Yelana is trying to put a hole in the tank such that whatever is inside is blasted out in a more-or-less straight line (hitting Slice and Crunch), I thought that the DC would be lower if she were in a different spot. As it is, if she hits the tank at H2, the blast could shoot back towards her, or she could overshoot it and hit the tank standing in H1. She is specifically not trying to get the tank to just explode. 

MM Note: Correct, location of your shot was not factored into difficulty as long as you're in range. Don't worry about it. :classic:

4 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Correct, location of your shot was not factored into difficulty as long as you're in range. Don't worry about it. :classic:

OoC: 

Spoiler

OK - Yelana will stay at H4 and fire at the tank in H2. 👍

OoC: 

Spoiler

I think that everyone has submitted their actions at this point, so you can run the round if there are no objections. 
 - Yelana: Remain at H4, Fire at tank in H2. 
 - Zaria: Move to F4, Defend Soren. 
 - Soren: Move to G3, Attack Crunch. 

51477628255_3448651531_b.jpg

Zaria moves to a blocking position trying to give Soren cover. Soren manages to severely wound Crunch as he follows Zaria to safety. Yelana takes a deep breath before firing at the gas cylinder which... explodes in an eruption of flames hitting both Blackguard agents, the puncture hole neatly piercing the tank's side. Slice and Crunch stumble back in pain, the O'Kor'uk grasping his side as he rallies his fellow agent who deals a walloping blow to Soren.

Round 7
Zaria Defends Soren - +2 Dice to Soren's next Defensive Combat Check
Zaria moves to F4
Soren moves to G3
Soren vs. Agent Crunch - (4, +1) 2 Successes vs. (3,3) 0 Successes = 2 Damage
Yelana Artillery Proficiency Check (DC 1,3) - (1,6,5,4) 3 Successes = Tank Explodes on G2,F2,E2, = 3 Elemental Damage to Slice, 1 Elemental Damage to Crunch

Blackguard Agent Slice moves to F2
Blackguard Agent Slice Rally's Blackguard Agent Crunch - +1 to next Offensive Combat Check
Blackguard Agent Crunch moves to F3
Blackguard Agent Crunch vs. Soren - (3,3,4,+1) 2 Successes vs. (1,1,3,4) 1 Success = 1 Damage

51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg
"Shite, that was my plan. Crunch cover for me, take down that square."

Enemy

51362875609_072c927324_t.jpg
Blackguard Agent Pierce *Stabilized*
Vitality: 0/5
Skill: 1
Spirit: 0/4
Proficiencies: Arcana 2, Insight 1, Technology 1
Spells Known: Charm, Elemental Evocation, Meditate, Photonic Modulation, Warding Bond 
Equipment: Cryo Ray (Standard Elemental Long Range Weapon), Holo-scroll
Inventory: Æther Brew

51362875639_f0088cce41_t.jpg
Blackguard Agent Crunch
Vitality: 3/7
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Long Range Weapons 2, Melee Weapons 2, Explosives 1
Equipment: Titanium Knuckle Dusters (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon) standard Issue Security Rifle (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon), Tactical Chainmail (Standard Kinetic Armor), Exo-suit
Inventory: Plasma Potion, standard Issue Security Rifle (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon)

51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg
 G2 Blackguard Agent Slice
Vitality: 2/5
Proficiencies: Acrobatics 1, Melee Weapons 2, Perception 1, Arcana 1, Stealth 1
Spells Known: Quantum Transposition, Illusory Clone
Equipment: Beam Blade (Standard Energy Melee Weapon), Tactical Leathers (Standard Energy Armor), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Standard Issue Security Blaster (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Plasma Potion, Energy Source (Mission Specific Item)

Party

51159739184_6833cca547_o.png
Zaria Kanara (Kintobor)
226 Year Old Female Elf
Vitality: 6/6
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Religion 1, Melee Weapons 2
Known Spells: Warding Bond, Solar Flare
Credits: 0
Equipment: Power Khopesh (Standard Kintetic Melee Weapon), Dune Sea Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: Repeating Slug Thrower (Standard Kintetic Long Range Weapon)

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg
Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)
31-year-old male Human
Vitality: 2/5
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Arcana 1, Insight 1, Piloting 2, Short-Range Weapons 1
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Entropic Mending
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged standard energy weapon)
Inventory: Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Vibro-Knife (Melee Standard Energy Weapon), Project File Folder (Mission Item)

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 
Unknown age Female Human. 
Vitality: 6/6
Skill: 3 
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Artillery Weapons 1, Perception 1, Deception 1, Arcana 1 
Known Spells: Obfuscate 
Equipment: Modular Sniper Rifle (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon), Farsight Goggles, Radiation Gauntlet (Standard Energy Armor)
Inventory: Plasma Potion x2, Cloaking Generator

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Yelana takes a deep breath before firing at the gas cylinder which... explodes in an eruption of flames hitting both Blackguard agents, the puncture hole neatly piercing the tank's side. Slice and Crunch stumble back in pain

Yelana smirked. 
"Heh. . . Told you that'd work." 

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Soren moves to H1 and fires at Crunch. 

"Hey, woah - Stay back!
Yelana glanced around the car, assessing the situation. 
"Alright, Soren: H3, take Crunch and watch your head - This shot has to hit just right. I need Pierce alive! Zaria: G4, Defend Soren; I'll hit the tank at H1.
Stretching her neck, Yelana adjusted her aim. 
"<Target locked.>" 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Yelana is trying to get a spray of fire that hits F2, G2, F3, G3, so Soren needs to move out of that area (and moving to H1 would be dangerous for obvious reasons!). 

"No." Zaria states. "That canister won't hit any of them. We need to go on the offensive: now! Yelana, defend Soren. I'll handle the O'Kor'Uk." Zaria moves to G2 and strikes Slice.

7 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"No." Zaria states. "That canister won't hit any of them." 

"Yeah, it will." 

OoC: 

Spoiler

The first canister hit G2, F2, E2 - Three squares in a line. If hit at a diagonal, the second canister should be able to hit G2, F3, F2 (probably), G3 (possibly), as those are three squares away in a roughly diagonal line from the canister. 

41 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I need Pierce alive!

Nah, screw that. We’re finishing this. And if you blow me up, it’s on you. 

4 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Nah, screw that. We’re finishing this. And if you blow me up, it’s on you. 

"You don't get to make that call! And if you stay clear of the blast zone, you'll be fine!"