Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #1: Mercenaries On the Boreal Express

"Yelana, you will keep your hands off the items of the deceased." Zaria states. "You gave me the right to distribute loot when you elected me group leader." Zaria moves through the belongings of the dead agent on the floor, carefully avoiding touching the cube.

Loot Distribution
Soren: Tactical Leathers, Plasma Potion
Yelana: Standard Issue Security Blaster
Zaria: Farsight Googles, Beam Blade

23 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Right, I'm not sure how we'd get it out without the gauntlet, or how we could even carry it. Just the same, we should probably look over the documents again - Maybe we missed something? Zaria?"

"You are quite correct, Yelana, as usual." Zaria replies with a smile, wiping sweat from her brow. "Therefore, we should wake the engineers and let them handle the cube."

26 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Um, yeah. . . M-Tec. . . " 
Yelana rubbed the side of her neck and looked down, mumbling softly. 
"<Control: Alert the Quorum that this op just got far higher priority and classification. I'll have more in my debrief - Fennix out.>" 

...did you just whisper into your shoulder? That's a weird thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Yelana Deception vs. Soren Insight - (3,1,4,1) 1 Success vs. (5,3,1,6) 2 Successes

28 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Right, I'm not sure how we'd get it out without the gauntlet, or how we could even carry it. Just the same, we should probably look over the documents again - Maybe we missed something? Zaria?

...yeah, that's what I just said. Do you know something I don't, spy? In any case, Zaria has the files memorized.

21 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

...did you just whisper into your shoulder? That's a weird thing to do.

"No, just clearing my throat." 

22 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

...yeah, that's what I just said. Do you know something I don't, spy? 

"No, no, I know that - I'm just not sure we have the time to run back, grab the gauntlet, then come get the cube, and be back in our seats, by the time we get to Con'stap. Plus, M-Tec is probably already tipped-off that someone is after the cube, so they'll be on alert for any attempts on their property - And, if we leave the cube unattended, Blackguard can just swoop back around and take it while we're on the other side of the train." 

7 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"No, just clearing my throat." 

"No, no, I know that - I'm just not sure we have the time to run back, grab the gauntlet, then come get the cube, and be back in our seats, by the time we get to Con'stap. Plus, M-Tec is probably already tipped-off that someone is after the cube, so they'll be on alert for any attempts on their property - And, if we leave the cube unattended, Blackguard can just swoop back around and take it while we're on the other side of the train." 

We just killed one Blackguard agent and scared off two more, I doubt they're coming back any time soon. If you want someone to stick around, I could get my spirit back and keep the wall patched up. I'm cozy with the engineers here, anyways. 'All else fails, we could just leave the cube with the train.

35 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Yelana, you will keep your hands off the items of the deceased." Zaria states. "You gave me the right to distribute loot when you elected me group leader."

"Hey, ease up - And don't you think calling it 'loot' kinda undermines your 'items-of-the-deceased' point?" 

39 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Yelana: Standard Issue Security Blaster

As Yelana took the blaster and looked for a place on her belt to attach it, she quietly slipped her wallet out of her pocket, scanned Slice's Credits, then replaced her wallet as she tucked the blaster into the side of her belt

43 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"You are quite correct, Yelana, as usual." Zaria replies with a smile, wiping sweat from her brow. "Therefore, we should wake the engineers and let them handle the cube."

"We should probably talk to the crew before making any decisions - Soren, you said you'd let them know the fight's over. And can you grab me a cup of Crimson Chai with cream and Poojat sugar while you're at it? Thanks." 

8 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

We just killed one Blackguard agent and scared off two more, I doubt they're coming back any time soon. 

"I don't think we scared them off - They're probably still tailing us, waiting for us to drop our guard." 

9 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

If you want someone to stick around, I could get my spirit back and keep the wall patched up. I'm cozy with the engineers here, anyways. 

"No - You need to keep yourself from getting killed; either Zaria or I'll stay back. And besides, didn't you say you'd go talk to the crew?" 

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"We should probably talk to the crew before making any decisions - Soren, you said you'd let them know the fight's over. And can you grab me a cup of Crimson Chai with cream and Poojat sugar while you're at it? Thanks." 

"I don't think we scared them off - They're probably still tailing us, waiting for us to drop our guard." 

"No - You need to keep yourself from getting killed; either Zaria or I'll stay back. And besides, didn't you say you'd go talk to the crew?" 

I said that we should talk to the crew. I never volunteered, but since you're so worried about it, 'sounds like you're volunteering.

I'm sure I'll be fine. They left in a whole hurry. And if they come back, I can pop a plasma potion and put up the wall. Your concern is sweet ain't necessary. 

7 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I said that we should talk to the crew. I never volunteered, but since you're so worried about it, 'sounds like you're volunteering.

"Oh, my mistake - Did I mention I've got a headache? Anyway, I'm not worried - I thought you were!" 

Zaria, realizing there are a few credits left in the enemy's coat, openly pockets them.

27 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Hey, ease up - And don't you think calling it 'loot' kinda undermines your 'items-of-the-deceased' point?" 

"You have clearly never slept on the open road, Yelana." Zaria comments. "The dead rarely have a say in what to do with their belongings. More often than not they are used to help the living progress further down the road. Besides, I care not for banditry, and neither does my god." Zaria glares at Yelana, her sword remaining unsheathed.

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Oh, my mistake - Did I mention I've got a headache? Anyway, I'm not worried - I thought you were!" 

I'm never worried. 'Just seemed like the natural next step.

The pilot glances at Zaria's display of pocketing the credits.

We all squared up, then? I can stick around in here, y'all can check on the crew and get settled in for the ride. Hopefully, we can make it to Con'stop in one piece. 

8 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I'm never worried. 'Just seemed like the natural next step.

Yelana stifled a laugh. 
"Really? You seemed kinda worried when you froze your drink back at the Hall!" 

9 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"You have clearly never slept on the open road, Yelana." 

"You're right; I haven't. I'm assuming you have?" 

9 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Besides, I care not for banditry, and neither does my god." Zaria glares at Yelana, her sword remaining unsheathed.

Yelana looked Zaria up and down. 
"Uh. . . Is there, like, something going on here? I feel like I'm missing something." 

"Countless times. I spent a century travelling my home planet. There was often times no inn or hotel to stay at, and it was in those times that I had to rely on others to keep the group safe." Zaria took in a deep breath, reflecting on the weight of her khopesh: the blood it had spilled and the lives it had taken.

"Nothing is going on, Yelana, and that is the problem. You act as if I am against you when I have only ever done everything in my power to protect you and Soren." Zaria sighed. Humans and their limited lifespans. She rolled her shoulders and sheathed her sword. "Let us go and speak to the train's crew, Yelana." She turns to Soren. "Keep an eye on the cube. We will be back shortly." She gives Soren a confident thumbs up.

19 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Countless times. I spent a century travelling my home planet. There was often times no inn or hotel to stay at, and it was in those times that I had to rely on others to keep the group safe." Zaria took in a deep breath, reflecting on the weight of her khopesh: the blood it had spilled and the lives it had taken.

"A century?! How old are you? . . . If you don't mind my asking. . . I mean, I know Elves are long-lived, but you don't look. . . " 

20 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Nothing is going on, Yelana, and that is the problem. You act as if I am against you when I have only ever done everything in my power to protect you and Soren." Zaria sighed. 

"Oh - Sorry, I felt like your comments were directed at me. And I'm not against you, we just have different ways of approaching things." 

24 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Let us go and speak to the train's crew, Yelana." 

Yelana stood up and followed Zaria, leaning towards her and lowering her voice. 
"So, you said you remember everything in those documents - Did they say anything about the cube being alive?

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"A century?! How old are you? . . . If you don't mind my asking. . . I mean, I know Elves are long-lived, but you don't look. . . "

"Two hundred and twenty six rotations." Zaria replies. "I am considered fairly young for an elf. Some of the priest of the abbey I grew up in had been there for over five centuries."

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Oh - Sorry, I felt like your comments were directed at me. And I'm not against you, we just have different ways of approaching things."

Zaria noted the comment but didn't immediately respond. "No. You do listen. You hear what I have to say but you do not absorb the information. The group's safety comes first. That is not something Varuth says, but the road can cruel and painful, and we are all just fragile things." Zaria makes her way out of the engineering car. "I rely on your help as much as you rely on mine."

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana stood up and followed Zaria, leaning towards her and lowering her voice. 

"So, you said you remember everything in those documents - Did they say anything about the cube being alive?"

Zaria side eyed Yelana before focusing on the aisle ahead. "No. No it did not." Zaria bluntly states.

2 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Two hundred and twenty six rotations." Zaria replies. "I am considered fairly young for an elf. Some of the priest of the abbey I grew up in had been there for over five centuries."

"Woah. . . " 

4 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria noted the comment but didn't immediately respond. "No. You do listen. You hear what I have to say but you do not absorb the information. The group's safety comes first. That is not something Varuth says, but the road can cruel and painful, and we are all just fragile things."

"Maybe you're right - I do listen, but I'm always thinking, and sometimes it takes time for me to puzzle everything out." 

8 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria makes her way out of the engineering car. "I rely on your help as much as you rely on mine."

Yelana follows. 
"That's fair, and I appreciate it. And since I feel like you're finally trusting me, I'll trust you.
Yelana asks Zaria about the cube. 

11 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria side eyed Yelana before focusing on the aisle ahead. "No. No it did not." Zaria bluntly states.

Yelana kept her voice low. 
"Then the documents are wrong, or deliberately omitting information. From the data I was able to get from scanning the cube, I think it's alive. Not the cube itself, that's just a containment unit, but whatever's inside it." 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Maybe you're right - I do listen, but I'm always thinking, and sometimes it takes time for me to puzzle everything out." 

Yelana follows. 
"That's fair, and I appreciate it. And since I feel like you're finally trusting me, I'll trust you."

"You can devise the most well laid plans, but they rarely survive first contact with the enemy." Zaria replies. "I... admittedly stole that quote from... someone... but I think it holds true. I can plan, sure, but actions mean more to me than plans. They always have." As she moves through the empty Business Car, Zaria shuffles around fallen luggage. "So far, your actions have not made me trust you, and they continue to do so. Do not misjudge our relationship, Yelana. You are a part of the team. We all succeed together, or we all fail together."

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana kept her voice low. 

"Then the documents are wrong, or deliberately omitting information. From the data I was able to get from scanning the cube, I think it's alive. Not the cube itself, that's just a containment unit, but whatever's inside it." 

Zaria moves into the dining car, continuing the conversation. "And what does that change? Is it something we should break free? Or is it something to remain locked away? Sometimes our ancestors hide things away for a reason, and that reason is to keep future generations safe." Zaria shrugged, unsure of what to make of this news. If this was something trapped under malicious circumstances, perhaps the entity should be freed and allowed to continue their journey through life in peace. However, an inkling of doubt crept into Zaria's mind, clouding her thoughts with the potential of releasing a great evil. She was torn. was it even possible something was inside the cube?

As Yelana and Zaria head into the Dining Car they find the entrance to the Economy Car barricaded with chairs and tables. The fire had been put out, but there are no other passengers in sight. A voice rings through the makeshift barricade.

"Get back, whoever you are. Take whatever valuables from the Business car and the Dining car you want. There's nothing back here of tremendous value in the economy car. We'll be reaching our final destination soon, so you'd best leave if you don't want to end up with the Space Police."

Zaria frowned at the sight of the barricade. “We have dealt with the assailants and driven off their ship. The engineers are safe in the engineering car, although they are unconscious. I am looking for someone to speak to regarding the situation.”

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria frowned at the sight of the barricade. “We have dealt with the assailants and driven off their ship. The engineers are safe in the engineering car, although they are unconscious. I am looking for someone to speak to regarding the situation.”

Zaria Persuasion Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (3,4,2) 1 Success

It only takes a moment before a familiar voice filters through the barricade. Moments later Bloeberis pushes away some of the tables and chairs.

49077050582_3614c2b503_t.jpg
"Thank goodness, I wondered if you three had made it. The other attendant said a group of idiots was rushing the engineering car earlier, I figured she meant you. Is everything alright?"

Slowly other passengers begin to filter through the Dining car.

Zaria sighed in relief. This wasn’t going to be nearly as hot an exit as she momentarily believed.

”Bloeberis, I am relieved to see you and the other passengers are safe. Everything is alright as of now. The villains who attacked the train have either been driven off or have gone to meet their maker. The engineers are safe but unconscious. The bandits made a fairly nasty entrance onto the train.

The individuals who broke into the train seemed interested with something in the Engineering car.”

4 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria sighed in relief. This wasn’t going to be nearly as hot an exit as she momentarily believed.

”Bloeberis, I am relieved to see you and the other passengers are safe. Everything is alright as of now. The villains who attacked the train have either been driven off or have gone to meet their maker. The engineers are safe but unconscious. The bandits made a fairly nasty entrance onto the train.

The individuals who broke into the train seemed interested with something in the Engineering car.”

49077050582_3614c2b503_t.jpg
"Oh my, well I'm glad we had you three on board. Thankfully it seems the train is still operational, though we don't seem to be traveling as quickly. I'd figure we're maybe a few hours outside of Con'Stop, I imagine we'll be meeting the Space Police intercept within the hour as they were contacted soon after the train was attacked. What were the bandits after?"