Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #1: Mercenaries On the Boreal Express

32 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Wait - I've got a better idea! I'll deal with Slice - Soren, move to H1 and Defend yourself; Zaria, G1, then jump onto the dropship! That's our best chance of getting off this train!" 

Kid, there's absolutely no way you're getting me on that dropship. Go ahead and attack Slice, I'll be alright, but I ain't following you onto that thing. 

9 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Kid, there's absolutely no way you're getting me on that dropship. 

"The hells? I thought you were a pilot! We're not getting offworld if we wait to get off at Con'stap - The local authorities are waiting, and we'd be the main suspects in everything that's happened on this shitshow of a trip. That dropship is our only way back to Ebria." 

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

"The hells? I thought you were a pilot! We're not getting offworld if we wait to get off at Con'stap - The local authorities are waiting, and we'd be the main suspects in everything that's happened on this shitshow of a trip. That dropship is our only way back to Ebria." 

The authorities are waiting because told the engineers to call for them! The train staff know us, and know we weren't involved. Why would they arrest us?

1 minute ago, The Legonater said:

The authorities are waiting because told the engineers to call for them! The train staff know us, and know we weren't involved. Why would they arrest us?

"And they're waiting for Abam - Everything they've been called about connects back to us. That looks sus as hell - especially since someone will discover the cube's missing - and if we're still on the train when that happens, the cube's rad signatures can be traced directly to us. That dropship's our only way out of here without being subjected to a search!" 

4 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"And they're waiting for Abam - Everything they've been called about connects back to us. That looks sus as hell - especially since someone will discover the cube's missing - and if we're still on the train when that happens, the cube's rad signatures can be traced directly to us. That dropship's our only way out of here without being subjected to a search!" 

You call yourself a professional, stop saying the word 'sus.'

Once again, the crew asked us to deal with Abam. And what rad signatures - none of us have touched the cube? As far as anyone is concerned we just stopped an attack on this train, we're damn heroes here.

Edited by The Legonater

"We have no clue what awaits us on the dropship. I will take my chances with the authorities over risking who knows what on a Blackguard dropship. If you want to find out, I will not stop you, Yelana."

Zaria attempts to grapple Slice.

18 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Once again, the crew asked us to deal with Abam. And what rad signatures - none of us have touched the cube? 

"Once we get hold of it, we can be tracked - Both M-Tec and the engineers would know what frequencies to scan for." 

19 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

As far as anyone is concerned we just stopped an attack on this train, we're damn heroes here.

"Maybe so, but I'm not willing to risk it - We have a chance to escape now, so I say we take it!" 

4 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"We have no clue what awaits us on the dropship. I will take my chances with the authorities over risking who knows what on a Blackguard dropship."

"Probably just a pilot - If Blackguard had reinforcements onboard, they'd have deployed them by now. Besides, you're the most likely of the three of us to be able to make that jump. I need your help with this, Zaria - I'll deal with Slice!

OoC: 

Spoiler

Zaria is the only member of the party to have an Athletics proficiency, so she has the best chance of making it safely onto the dropship. 

Zaria looked to Yelana with a grimace. "And leave you with the cube? No, I do not think so. If you want to make a bold escape, be my guest. I am staying on the train."

2 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria looked to Yelana with a grimace. "And leave you with the cube? No, I do not think so. If you want to make a bold escape, be my guest. I am staying on the train."

"You're forgetting I'd need that gauntlet to pick it up. And I won't be alone - Soren'll still be here. And why are you so protective of the cube all the sudden? You said taking it was an unnecessary risk." 

"You have literally spelled out my argument. It has a radio frequency. It has a radioactive signature. If you attempt to take that cube from this train car, it will be found immediately. It is an unnecessary risk, and we do not have the means of even handling it!"

14 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"You have literally spelled out my argument. It has a radio frequency. It has a radioactive signature. If you attempt to take that cube from this train car, it will be found immediately. It is an unnecessary risk, and we do not have the means of even handling it!"

"Right - So why are you worried about leaving me with it?!" 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

"Give me one good reason to trust you after you have pilfered through my bag." Zaria replied bluntly.

1 minute ago, Kintobor said:

"Give me one good reason to trust you after you have pilfered through my bag." Zaria replied bluntly.

Yelana rolled her head back and sighed deeply. 
"I did that to try to get you to trust me! I was showing you that I know what I'm doing!" 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana rolled her head back and sighed deeply. 
"I did that to try to get you to trust me! I was showing you that I know what I'm doing!" 

Hold on, madame secret agent. You stole from someone in a 'ttempt to get them to trust you? That... ain't how it works.

2 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Hold on, madame secret agent. You stole from someone in a 'ttempt to get them to trust you? That... ain't how it works.

"Uh. . . Yeah? How else would you convince someone you can actually do what you say you can??" 

“Yelana, I do not think I need to specify with someone not to go rummaging through someone else’s belongings, as that is generally considered a breach of privacy.”

8 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

“Yelana, I do not think I need to specify with someone not to go rummaging through someone else’s belongings, as that is generally considered a breach of privacy.”

"Ugh. . . We're getting off-track - All this arguing is jeopardising the mission! I need you on that dropship, Zaria - We can discuss privacy later!" 

"I agree. Arguing is jeopardizing the mission, so stop trying to get me someplace I do not wish to go! I have no intentions of getting off this train until it reaches Con'Stop, Yelana. You need to relax. You have been nothing but jumpy this entire train trip!"

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"need you on that dropship, Zaria!" 

...exactly what sort of deal were you intendin' to strike with Pierce, Yelana?

Nobody's getting on any dropships. We deal with Slice and then figure the authorities out later.

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

...exactly what sort of deal were you intendin' to strike with Pierce, Yelana?

"I was trying to talk shit out! We were both hired for the same job, likely by the same person - I still don't know what's going on, but I prefer to know what I'm dealing with, instead of just shooting first and forgetting about asking questions!" 

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Nobody's getting on any dropships. We deal with Slice and then figure the authorities out later.

Yelana gritted her teeth and aimed her rifle at Slice
"<Target locked.>" 

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"I was trying to talk shit out! We were both hired for the same job, likely by the same person - I still don't know what's going on, but I prefer to know what I'm dealing with, instead of just shooting first and forgetting about asking questions!" 

Yelana gritted her teeth and flipped her rifle onto her back. 
"Oh, to hell with this buIIshit!" 
Taking a running start, Yelana jumped off of the train, attempting to land on the Blackguard dropship. 

OoC: 

Reveal hidden contents

Does position matter for Athletics checks? 

MM Note: Yes, position matters. You’ll need to be at the edge of the train to jump, which is not an easy check. Also, jumping will be difficult if Soren begins to mend the wall.

13 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Yes, position matters. You’ll need to be at the edge of the train to jump, which is not an easy check. Also, jumping will be difficult if Soren begins to mend the wall.

OoC: 

Spoiler

Would that be any square from E1 to H1? 

Spoiler

In that case, would Dash to E1 this round, then jump next round work? 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OoC: 

Hide contents

Would that be any square from E1 to H1? 

Hide contents

In that case, would Dash to E1 this round, then jump next round work? 

MM Note: Yes. I will be honest you are looking at either a DC 3 or 5 Athletics or Acrobatics, depending upon your setup. The drop ship pilot is intentionally trying to help their allies board, they will intentionally be trying to hinder anyone else. Also failure of this type of check may have serious consequences.

6 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Yes. I will be honest you are looking at either a DC 3 or 5 Athletics or Acrobatics, depending upon your setup. The drop ship pilot is intentionally trying to help their allies board, they will intentionally be trying to hinder anyone else. Also failure of this type of check may have serious consequences.

OoC: 

Spoiler

Ah. 😬
In that case, I will try something else! 

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OoC: 

Hide contents

Ah. 😬
In that case, I will try something else! 

MM Note: Missing when jumping from a train is not recommended. :laugh: