Samolot

[TC20] 8462 Futuristic Tow Truck - Reincarnation Instruction available

On 7/27/2021 at 10:27 PM, GerritvdG said:

Nice, thanks for sharing this video! It illustrates this fantastic model perfect!

Thanks

On 7/27/2021 at 10:28 PM, Maaboo35 said:

The tyres really work! Great job on this thing.

Thanks

On 7/27/2021 at 11:32 PM, Pattspatt said:

Whoa, for me this is basically my ideal tow truck. Perfect adaptation & evolution of the original. Glad you added outriggers - for me that’s the main thing missing from the original. They do look like they could use another plate’s worth of length, though. Still - gorgeous from the outside, and feature-packed on the inside. The working steering wheel, suspension, and drivetrain are the cherries-on-top. Great work, and thanks for the awesome video!

Thanks. I only saw in the video that the right outrigger does not touch the ground. I checked and found that one half bush slid during transport and blocked the operation of the pneumatic actuator to the full extent. I've already fixed it

On 7/28/2021 at 4:34 AM, Ullum Zurt said:

Of all the TC20 entries, this is by-far my favourite, and the one I would vote for if I could.

Thanks

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg 

Excellent result. You are one of the few who have not just replaced technical bricks with beams, but really made a modern version of the set, while maintaining its recognition by 100%. At first, I thought that this set would look good only with its original wheels. But now I'm looking at your version with these new tires and white wheels and I'm ready to change my mind :sweet:

13 minutes ago, Akassin said:

Excellent result. You are one of the few who have not just replaced technical bricks with beams, but really made a modern version of the set, while maintaining its recognition by 100%. At first, I thought that this set would look good only with its original wheels. But now I'm looking at your version with these new tires and white wheels and I'm ready to change my mind :sweet:

Thanks. My thinking about this model has also evolved. At first, I didn't assume changing wheels at all. It was obvious to me that the old wheels are the most characteristic element of the model. But when I added white air tanks and a white boom, the white wheels also made sense. And these new tires have something futuristic in them.

This could've been a first pick for me if not for the fact that once I wen't through all entries, I started being pedantic over details like the use of non-contemporary parts and it has some of those. One of the best entries nevertheless.

Instructions when ? :D

16 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

This could've been a first pick for me if not for the fact that once I wen't through all entries, I started being pedantic over details like the use of non-contemporary parts and it has some of those. One of the best entries nevertheless.

Instructions when ? :D

Thanks. From the beginning, I listened very carefully to your suggestions and I think they were very accurate. Most of them I used in the model. The only exception is the seats. I did an experiment with liftarm seats but they looked very ugly and the choice of dark azure elements is very limited.

Edited by Samolot

Apart from the seats you've got a metal hook and air tank (I think it's not available anymore, am I right?) so when I got to a point where I've seen all of those "top 10" executing perfectly every check, I picked on those details. For same reason of picking on the non-contemporary parts, the T1 camper didn't make it to the top 10 in my spreadsheet because it used the old panels at the front where it was a significant part of it's looks.

Looking back at this event against the way I rated the entries, I think the crucial part was picking something that would be optimal for remake and wouldn't force you to use non-contemporary parts or model team styling and at the same time not picking something too easy/simple like I did. I can see the air tank being pretty hard thing to drop in this set and make a fake one just to use only contemporary pieces, so if others were to be nitpicky like I was, this might have been a too ambitious choice.

The model is perfect on its own though and I was really itching to go against my principles I set for voting and put it as my first, but I guess you'll have others voting for it, so let's see the best entry win :)

Edited by SaperPL

I am pleased to inform you that the manual for my Tow Truck 8462 Reincarnation is now available on Rebrickable.

LEGO MOC Tow Truck 8462 Reincarnation by Samolot77 | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

Thanks to my colleague SaperPL without whom it would never have been created.

There have been slight changes in the model, it now has a slightly larger suspension travel, the steering wheel automatically returns to the right position when tilting the cabin, differentials of the old type have been added to the drive, in a few places I strengthened the structure.
I also built an orange version of the vehicle you can see it on my Facebook 

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg