Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 43112 Robo HipHop Car

Here is my review on VIDIYO 43112 Robo HipHop Car:

THE GOOD:

• Great Minifigures and accessories.
  • Great Printed pieces especially the LED TV with music video playing.
  • Surprisingly great car here.
  • Interesting build with some cool features integrated.
  • If you are collecting beatbits, another 16 of them in this set.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Pricing.
  • Although the car is great, the ratio between the front and the back wheel are a bit off but very minor issue here.

This is a great set to be honest, it has great minifigures, interesting build, fun and looks nice.  Regardless of how rubbish the app is, as a lego set, this is good.  I always love new variations of the guitar piece, some great new printed piece as well.  The LED TV with musics video playing going to be very useful in MOC.  Lego includes a stand of one minifigure and 12 beatbits, but I do wish they also included the beat box case piece.  This is also good news if you have bought the beat boxes and try to complete the beat bits collection, since it also include 2 unique ones and 14 assorted ones.  So you don't have to buy double of the beat boxes to get more.   Price indeed a bit high but I'm pretty sure you can get discount off this.  Overall this is a good Lego set and I will recommend this to everyone.

Interesting you say price is among the not so good part(although being down under may play a part there:tongue:). In the States this set is $30, which is fantastic, given the Beatboxes are $20. I don’t know how they’re going to share shelf space & expect the Boxes to sell...but in anticipation for this set I did end up by the Hip Hop Beatbox...at full price. I still hate myself for doing it. 

On 6/21/2021 at 7:41 PM, Vindicare said:

Interesting you say price is among the not so good part(although being down under may play a part there:tongue:).

Probably, VIDIYO pricing is very aggressive down here in NZ for full RRP.  The first wave now having 30% discount though.

54 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

Probably, VIDIYO pricing is very aggressive down here in NZ for full RRP.  The first wave now having 30% discount though.

Nice discount. Makes it more bearable. The pricing of the Beatboxes is so ridiculous. I get those new parts are big...but they should not be that expensive. I regret buying the Hip Hop Robot at full price even though he is really cool. 

On 6/20/2021 at 6:57 AM, Pchan1983 said:
  • Surprisingly great car here.

I tend to disagree. It would be great if LEGO actually had bothered to e.g. produce all car parts in gold, but as it turned out they clearly didn't and this feels like a lame compromise. At the end of the day this feels like a slightly larger Speed Champions car with some extras, not the cool robot pimp ride I would have expected.

Mylenium

On 6/27/2021 at 2:22 PM, sunhuntin said:

what shop is having the discount please? thanks. Still have one of the Beatboxes to get.

Farmers was having 20% off last weekend, and Warehouse did buy one get one half price last saturday.

23 hours ago, Mylenium said:

I tend to disagree. It would be great if LEGO actually had bothered to e.g. produce all car parts in gold, but as it turned out they clearly didn't and this feels like a lame compromise. At the end of the day this feels like a slightly larger Speed Champions car with some extras, not the cool robot pimp ride I would have expected.

fair point but it's very rare Lego did full gold parts on sets.

My favorite part is the female robot, which could be a minifig stand-in for the reporter from the Nexo Knight show, which never got a physical figure.

Edited by TeriXeri

I still see those Vidyo Stage sets as parts packs and this set still has some interesting newer 2020/2021 parts in multiples.

Volume wise they aren't really full price sets for me, but the printed tiles, higher then average printed figures and rarer colors still make the theme appealing on discount.

If the theme will continue, I'd rather have them only do stage sets, and not the random CMF or expensive Beat Box format, because I don't think the sets or figs are THAT bad.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 6/29/2021 at 12:22 AM, TeriXeri said:

My favorite part is the female robot

yes nice minifig.  Vidiyo itself really has lots of great minifigs.

On 6/29/2021 at 3:48 AM, Mylenium said:

Here's my alternate take on the model if someone is interested:

https://myleniumsbrickcorner.wordpress.com/2021/06/28/pimp-my-ride-lego-vidiyo-robo-hiphop-car-43112/

Brickset also just released their review and weren't that impressed.

Great article. looks like I'm the only few people who like this set.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:22 AM, TeriXeri said:

If the theme will continue, I'd rather have them only do stage sets, and not the random CMF or expensive Beat Box format, because I don't think the sets or figs are THAT bad.

I agree and wish the pricing is 10~20% cheaper but I doubt this will happen =(