Sign in to follow this  
temes

Is it legal to post own pictures/videos of LEGO products to our company social media channels?

I work in marketing department in a company, which is not related to LEGO in any way or toy business either. I'm planning to create a short stop motion animation video using "Everyone is Awesome" set (I would take all necessary pictures, no visible logos, very neutral tone without any promotion of our company). Is it legal to post that video to our company social media channels to celebrate Pride month? We wouldn't use it in paid ads or promote our own products with it, it would be just a regular organic post to promote our company values. I know it's not legal to profit from LEGO products in the marketing without permission, but are organic social media posts considered to be part of that?

Edited by temes

Standard answer: You are creating a derivative art and if you really create a movie, the level of creation is high enough so you can claim art copyrights on your own works and fair use rules in most countries on this planet. As long as you don't imply any direct connection or endorsement from LEGO you should be safe as per their own fair use rules.

Mylenium