I agree with @SaperPL, while the fender as rear window looks great, it doesn't work as windshield. For me especially distracting is the breaking roofline, as the fender part sits 0,5 studs too high, and the center pillar of the windshield should also be made with a flex axle, as the connectors are too fat and blocky.

Otherwise, great work, I really like the lower part of the front, and also the rear side of the car andĀ even the liftarm stacking in the sides don't bother me too much.

1 hour ago, SaperPL said:

I think the use of the fender as the front windshield frame is a bad idea - you should build a sticking out roof with curved panels like in the original set and add slimer sides. It really looks weird and breaks the looks and it would be a bummer to not perfect this at this point.

I don't really like it either. I tried to make it out of corner connectors, but it was even worse. Now I have an idea, I will post a photo later.

250x250p.jpg?1626709363.3714416

For an ideal implementation, it would be possible to use the new connector 71682, but I don't have them:(

Edited by RuTechBrothers

Much better, though I believe it could still be improved. Did you try panels 21/22 for the windshield/roof border?

22 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Much better, though I believe it could still be improved. Did you try panels 21/22 for the windshield/roof border?

Yes, I have experimented with them. The old panels better convey the lines of the original machine and, like the original, a window appears. In addition, in my works I try to make it not only beautiful but also playable.

Pwh0ndpOQNc.jpg?size=2560x1709&quality=9

If you look closely, then in this photo you can see how I implemented the fixing of the roof lifting mechanism.

Edited by RuTechBrothers

vl2g1mmL22I.jpg?size=2560x1440&quality=9

And this is how a car looks with its doors open. You can also consider a fake engine, ventilation grilles and, most importantly, a keyhole on the gas tank lid.:)

25 minutes ago, RuTechBrothers said:
25 minutes ago, RuTechBrothers said:

Yes, I have experimented with them. The old panels better convey the lines of the original machine and, like the original, a window appears. In addition, in my works I try to make it not only beautiful but also playable.

ŠžŠ³Š¾Š½ŃŒ Š¼ŃƒŠ¶ŠøŠŗ! Š§ŠµŃŃ‚Š½Š¾Šµ сŠ»Š¾Š²Š¾, Š¾Ń‡ŠµŠ½ŃŒ ŠŗрутŠ¾ ŠæŠ¾Š»ŃƒŃ‡ŠøŠ»Š¾ŃŃŒ! ŠžŃŠ¾Š±ŠµŠ½Š½Š¾ рŠ°Š“уŠµŃ‚ ŠŗŠ°Šŗ ŠøсŠæŠ¾Š»ŃŒŠ·Š¾Š²Š°Š½Š° Š°Ń€ŠŗŠ°!

UwfARBtfOMk.jpg?size=2560x1440&quality=9

Let's go publish.

7 minutes ago, Michael217 said:

Ā 

Š”ŠæŠ°ŃŠøŠ±Š¾.Ā Š‘ŃƒŠ“у ŠæрŠøŠ·Š½Š°Ń‚ŠµŠ»ŠµŠ½, ŠµŃŠ»Šø ŠæŠ¾Š·Š¶Šµ ŠæрŠ¾Š³Š¾Š»Š¾ŃŃƒŠµŃ‚Šµ Š·Š° Š½ŠµŠµ.

43 minutes ago, RuTechBrothers said:

Ā 

If you look closely, then in this photo you can see how I implemented the fixing of the roof lifting mechanism.

I actually thought the top of the windshield, to replace the 3x11 curved panel with 21/22 panels and some liftarms. The sides of the windshield look nice enough with the old style panels.

1 minute ago, howitzer said:

I actually thought the top of the windshield, to replace the 3x11 curved panel with 21/22 panels and some liftarms. The sides of the windshield look nice enough with the old style panels.

This is a good idea, I'll try it tomorrow.

I was thinking that maybe something like this could work:

FY3RZjl.png

But it's not that good. That's a tough one to figure out .

Right now what I would pick on is that liftarm in the middle of the windscreen - maybe instead of that, make the top edge of the windscreen with flexible axle and add the middle bar of the windshield that supports it? You'd get a properly angled middle bar in the winshield, maybe you could add the 1L liftarm/pin bushings on the flexible axle to make it like that dark stripe on the top of the window that some vehicles have and it'd fill out that space at the upper edge of the windshield?

On 8/2/2021 at 8:50 PM, howitzer said:

Ā 

23 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Right now what I would pick on is that liftarm in the middle of the windscreen - maybe instead of that, make the top edge of the windscreen with flexible axle and add the middle bar of the windshield that supports it? You'd get a properly angled middle bar in the winshield, maybe you could add the 1L liftarm/pin bushings on the flexible axle to make it like that dark stripe on the top of the window that some vehicles have and it'd fill out that space at the upper edge of the windshield?

_SCX9uzwBqQ.jpg?size=2560x1440&quality=9

65riUHMqJiU.jpg?size=2560x1707&quality=9

I added a visor over the windshield. What do you think is the best option?

Edited by Milan
Do not quote videos or images from the same page, please.

23 hours ago, SaperPL said:

f-iGZNpXP4U.jpg?size=640x480&quality=96&

I also considered this option, but as I said, I don't have these new white connectors.

Edited by Milan

I could be wrong here but the 10220 is a combi not a split window so no need for the middle window bar.Ā 

The front a pillars using the old technic panels are just to chunky.Ā 

Keep trying ideas have a look at RM8Ā  fj40 as that has a really good roof transition to windscreen.Ā 

9i30zjB3JxM.jpg?size=1620x2160&quality=9

yWuUBi1833o.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=9

I had to tinker, but in my opinion I managed to make a visor over the windshield.

Tomorrow I plan to finish the retractable section of the roof.

Also, if the flexible red axles have time to arrive, I want to redo the arches over the front wheels.

In the meantime, write your comments, what else can be done.

How about making the middle windshield bar like this?

6DxUIW2l.png

I'm not so keen on that liftarm in the middle and the windshield wasn't wasn't really curved or bent in this direction, it was just angled.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:32 PM, RuTechBrothers said:

Ā 

Really useful to see well matched photos side by side.

I've been thinking about the proportions and this kind of confirms my thoughts that the lower bodywork is too tall - top of rear wheel arch to waistline is 3 and a bit bricks on the original;Ā on the new version this height isĀ 6 stacked liftarms which is almost the equivalent of 5 bricks tall - note also that the rear bumper is level with wheel centre on the original.

If there was any way to remove an entire stack (or almost 2)Ā of red liftarms, my view is that this would greatly help the proportions.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Milan

Guys, take care not to quote pictures from the same page. It clogs the page very fast.
I have removed the quoted pics.

11 hours ago, Brickend said:

Really useful to see well matched photos side by side.

I've been thinking about the proportions and this kind of confirms my thoughts that the lower bodywork is too tall - top of rear wheel arch to waistline is 3 and a bit bricks on the original;Ā on the new version this height isĀ 6 stacked liftarms which is almost the equivalent of 5 bricks tall - note also that the rear bumper is level with wheel centre on the original.

If there was any way to remove an entire stack (or almost 2)Ā of red liftarms, my view is that this would greatly help the proportions.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

e5b1d55ae70ea117a0192219fe41cb5b.gif

At first, I also focused on the scale of the lego set, but this led to errors. So I decided to focus more on the original car and the general perception.

The extra volume of red is created by the middle part of the model, namely low thresholds. But this can only be fixed by adding a suspension, as on the original car, at least I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Yep, that's how I envisioned the roofline with the small panels. Though Saper's version of the centre pillar looks nicer than the double angled liftarm.