Sign in to follow this  
_MrB_

[LEGO Ideas] Medieval Alchemist

Hi guys, _MrB_ here for the very first time,

I have uploaded a new project onto LEGO Ideas and like to share it here with you. Any pointers on how to improve the project, supportive criticism and keep the buzz going are greatly appreciated. Perhaps I could even persuade some of you to hit that support button :wink:

Thank you all in advance!

https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:02aaaf74da294d5a961897dda3375466

webp

webp

webp

webp

webp

webp

Colors are a bit to the grim/ghostly side, but the model is beautifully designed and well implemented.
I love the use of the round plate on the entrance door, it gives a very natural look. And the stone stairs are intriguing. A variation of the Police Station modular?
The way the house can open up doesn't hurt either.

Terrific MOC and Ideas project!  The green diagonal pieces of the side of the building are an interesting technique.  I love the color scheme and the mechanics are a fun addition.

7 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Colors are a bit to the grim/ghostly side, but the model is beautifully designed and well implemented.
I love the use of the round plate on the entrance door, it gives a very natural look. And the stone stairs are intriguing. A variation of the Police Station modular?
The way the house can open up doesn't hurt either.

Thank you for your comment and compliments! The stone stairs are indeed a variation of the Police Station.. well spotted!

About the coloring: I kinda chose to keep them on the gloomy side (found it fitting to a medieval building) and tried to give it some contrast with the foliage. If this indeed is something to rethink, I'll gladly free up some time to see if I can make the build a bit more happy :wink:

6 hours ago, jtooker said:

Terrific MOC and Ideas project!  The green diagonal pieces of the side of the building are an interesting technique.  I love the color scheme and the mechanics are a fun addition.

Wow, thank you for your nice comment!

I used the green diagonal pieces in an effort to mimic moss and other green stuff creeping up the walls. It is something I've never seen before and was surprisingly simple and efficient to design.

Nice design.  I like the combination of the wood work and stone work.  I like the look of the roof with the claw/rock piece, really works well here.  The use of the different plant pieces is a nice detail.  I like the fact that it opens up and the interior looks great.  

Wonderful building you've created. I like how you've included the ability to open it for play/show and have the smoke move. I will agree with @zoth33, the claw pieces make for an excellent thatched roof.

On 6/15/2021 at 11:12 PM, zoth33 said:

Nice design.  I like the combination of the wood work and stone work.  I like the look of the roof with the claw/rock piece, really works well here.  The use of the different plant pieces is a nice detail.  I like the fact that it opens up and the interior looks great.  

Thanks Zoth33! It was quite a puzzle to get the roof the way it is. I wanted to do a roof which isn't overly complicated to build, but has a lot of texture. I found the claw/rock piece does its job, but since those pieces are only 2 plates high it required some fiddling to get those in place while keeping the structure stable.

19 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Wonderful building you've created. I like how you've included the ability to open it for play/show and have the smoke move. I will agree with @zoth33, the claw pieces make for an excellent thatched roof.

Thanks for the compliments Feuer Zug! I tried to keep play and show in mind during the whole design process... Took a couple of tries to get this building to look like it does now ;-)