Sign in to follow this  
Pannkake1990

Hello I am a Castle/Pirates fan

Hi all, my name is Jonny. I have loved Lego since I was 6 or so, I am 30 now :pir-sad2: :pir-blush:I have always been interested in castles and ships, and still have my two favourite sets from when I was a child- Royal Knight's Castle (6090) or Saxondale Castle as it was known here in England, and Black Knight's Castle (6086) or Dungeon Master's Castle as it was known here. I also also loved pirates, and from the old Lego catalogues I would read as a child, I fell in love with the Skull's Eye Schooner (6286) but by the time I could ask for it for my birthday it was replaced by Red Beard Runner and I was never able to get it. My cousin did have the set and I remember seeing it at his house, and years later he gave me the set as he got rid of his collection, but quite a few bits were missing so I built it the best I could.

I never really lost interest in Lego but as a teenager I would spend most my part-time job money on repairing my beloved wreck of a car and never really expanded or did much with my collection other than display it. I also never got rid of any and have crates of 80's and 90's Lego that various family friends donated to me when I was a child. I never tend to get rid of anything, (I also love Minecraft which sort of gives me the same sort of feeling as Lego and have a ten year old world in that game haha). 

I have joined the forum as I would like to meet others and document the restoration of the 'Schooner as well as lighter restorations of my castles (which don't really have missing parts but are super dusty from around two decades of being displayed). :pir-huzzah2: Cheers!

Welcome to EB, Jonny!  You are in good company here with plenty of Pirates and Castle fans, and you'll find plenty of inspiration in the forums when it comes to nostalgic restoration and reimagining, etc..  Really fortunate that you've kept all that Lego and didn't go through a Dark Age where it all got given away or sold and left you starting from scratch; that's all too common.  Happy building!  :classic:

6 minutes ago, deraven said:

Welcome to EB, Jonny!  You are in good company here with plenty of Pirates and Castle fans, and you'll find plenty of inspiration in the forums when it comes to nostalgic restoration and reimagining, etc..  Really fortunate that you've kept all that Lego and didn't go through a Dark Age where it all got given away or sold and left you starting from scratch; that's all too common.  Happy building!  :classic:

Thank you! I am looking forward to using the forum, and you are right I am very fortunate I never got rid of any Lego :classic:

Yay more pirates and castle fans! Shameless plug to come join the Brethren of the Brick seas building game in the Pirates subforum!

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Yay more pirates and castle fans! Shameless plug to come join the Brethren of the Brick seas building game in the Pirates subforum!

I will have a look! :pir-huzzah1:

Welcome!  We are always glad to see more pirate and castle fans.  I'll extend an invite to come check out the Historic forums and the Guilds of Historica where most of the castle builds reside!

5 hours ago, Grover said:

Welcome!  We are always glad to see more pirate and castle fans.  I'll extend an invite to come check out the Historic forums and the Guilds of Historica where most of the castle builds reside!

Thanks very much! That looks fun I will check it out!