Been working on a fantasy crane truck very loosely based on a Kamaz I saw on Rebrickable. The idea is to have RC drive (1 PF XL) & steering (1 PF M) and motorised crane/outrigger functions (probably 1 PF XL). A previous attempt had live axle suspension but came out far too brittle. I've got the truck more or less figured out; the crane is still up in the air (no pun intended).

1280x1208.jpg

1280x697.jpg

1280x1005.jpg

1280x599.jpg

1280x919.jpg

Love all your MOCs. They have great functions in medium scale, while still looking quite good. Just the right balance !

Please consider some tear down photos, so others can replicate your work. It deserves to be copied :wink:

This is just a glorious example of function and form. I love the wheels on this one, gives a much sturdier and more heavy-duty look than the normal tires. On this: Can the outriggers really lift this thing up? I'd swap the connectors in the kinematics for 1x4 halfbeam liftarms as older ones tend to slip out easily.

Great job :-) 

You are great in this scale, it is clearly visible. Please continue you work since you are inspiration for MOC creators like me who prefer such scale. I will definitely back to trucks in this scale, as soon as I finish my rock crawler :D

Thanks for the kind words, guys :wub:

On 6/14/2021 at 8:35 AM, Jundis said:

Can the outriggers really lift this thing up?

Unfortunately not. I might make a second full RC version to keep the drivetrain shorter and deliver more power - that should give them enough strength to lift the whole thing.

Hi! Is it supposed to be a offroad // allterrain mobile crane or why did you decide to put these angry tires?

Edited by Aleh

On 6/16/2021 at 3:58 PM, suffocation said:

Unfortunately not. I might make a second full RC version to keep the drivetrain shorter and deliver more power - that should give them enough strength to lift the whole thing.

I think it may, if you make these changes:

1. shorten the upper arms (make 3L, not 4L like now), so outriggers will have less travel but higher "torque". Plus, the final rotation angles (when the outrigger is landed and is about to lift the truck) will require a less torque on the driveshaft.
  2. embrace the drivetrain coming to these upper arms.
  3. replace the lower 4L arms with solid 4x2 Liftarms, so they won't disassemble under high tension load.