Sign in to follow this  
Stuartn

Lego Star Wars scenes

This was bit of a hobby of mine when I took photography classes, and was inspired by the works of Vesa Lehtimaki and his book Small Scenes from a Big Galaxy, as well as many other artists and MOCcers.

I have never shared these photographs, though some are quite old, however I recently restarted this hobby, and have gone through and decided to share some of my favourite photos from the last five years in one post.

This is one of my first 'good' photographs, with a MOC of a snowspeeder.

IMG_5983

This is a second 'Hoth' photograph, a landing of a U-Wing surrounded by minifigures, the first is my favourite, though the second is a more dramatic scene, achieved accidentally when I blew on the salt/bi-carb a bit too hard:

IMG_5892IMG_5845

This photograph come about after walking through the backyard and seeing some interesting weeds near a pile of sticks:

IMG_8629

This photograph is one of my individual portrait shots, but is probably my favourite:

IMG_8819

This shot reflects a more jovial scene and is one of my first attempts using actual fire in a photograph:

IMG_9579

This is my most recent photograph, taken only yesterday, it is the most heavily edited of all of the pictures, but takes advantage of natural sunlight:

IMG_8585 (2)

And finally, my favourite photograph:

Landing on Hoth

On 6/18/2021 at 4:44 AM, azzer86 said:

Nice pictures. I'd love to be able to shoot photos like this :)

Thank you, I think the thing that is important when taking images like this is camera angle, generally  images taken at the same level of from below are much the most dynamic, and for many images this is the main factor in making them stand out

13 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

These are great....they really capture the Star Wars feel.

Thank you, I am glad the Star Wars feel does come across, as they mainly use less well known figures and vehicles

11 hours ago, Sean Bancroft said:

You are a real photographer, and it looks like a production artist!

Thank you, for these few good images there are many more that didn’t come out as well, much of the process of taking these pictures is trial and error, especially in terms of camera angle and staging