Sebeus I

75060 - UCS Slave I MOD/MOC

img_2124.jpg

I was actually looking for a similar topic to the UCS Millennium Falcon mods tread but I couldn't find it.

The main adaptation I did was the functional boarding ramp, as demonstrated below.

It took me a while to figure it out but eventually found a solution where I didn't have to sacrifice too much of the original set.

Other changes include;

• Bulkhead between cargo bay and crew quarters
  • ladder connecting cargo bay, crew quarters and cockpit
  • bunkbox behind pilot chair
  • conical blaster anchorages on the hulll
  • Light functionality

img_2063.jpg

This was very fun to build in. There's actually a small maintenance compartment above the bed but It's impossible to see without taking apart the upper hull.

img_2112.jpg

The ladder goes down to the crew quarters. Depending on the orientation of the ship, this is either a vertical or a horizontal shaft. 

img_2106.jpg

The pilot chair can still rotate.

img_2178.jpg

The crew quarters, located below the pilot chair (in flying mode) isn't that much to talk about. The space is very limited. The structural beams within the ship limited the position of the platform. Fixing this will require some serious modifications.

img_2115.jpg

The cargo bay. I used to have shelves on the starboard side as well but had to remove them in order to fit the door-ramp mechanism.

Like the crew quarters this area could also use some finishing touches but I haven't decided yet on which way to go here.

img_2105.jpg

One of the light bricks shines all the way through the ship interior (the other one only in the bunk box).

img_2169.jpg

To max out the available space in the crew quarters I had to place the pilot chair in it highest position. Therefor I had to change the energy shield shroud, which is located above the pilot, in order to have Boba Fett utilise his helmet gear.

img_2173.jpg

That's about it, feel free to make suggestions, I'm not finished with this one yet :pir-classic:.

Edited by Sebeus I

I like the bed.

The dishes around the cannons are nice as well but the way the cannons are attached become meh.

The macaroni tile to rounden the body near the windscreen is cool. Maybe you can find a way to improve the angle made with LBG wedges ?

The door movement is very cool. Anyway you can make the knob less visible ? Maybe a lever hidden on the back of the ship ?

As for the skirt, you should try both parts 42862/48165.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:05 PM, Anio said:

I like the bed.

The dishes around the cannons are nice as well but the way the cannons are attached become meh.

The macaroni tile to rounden the body near the windscreen is cool. Maybe you can find a way to improve the angle made with LBG wedges ?

The door movement is very cool. Anyway you can make the knob less visible ? Maybe a lever hidden on the back of the ship ?

As for the skirt, you should try both parts 42862/48165.

Thank you, the angled wedge bricks for the skirt I'm definitely going to look into.

Great looking mods!  The door-ramp function is very cool, and I particularly like the area at the top of the ladder.  The pass-through lined with white cheese slopes and tiles give it that M Falcon corridor 'padded' look.  The detail around the little bed looks really good, too.  Nice work!

Impressive modifications, I have always dreamed of having this UCS because It is beautiful, but always felt that the interior was lacking, I wanted so bad to have a kind of full interior as you have achieved. Simply incredible, I wish LEGO would rerelease the UCS Slave I due to the Mandalorian with an updated interior.

Really nice work with the ramp! 
Will definitely attempt to do this sometime in the future.

This is Great. I will definetaly have a Look at this for mine! Thanks for Sharing

This is incredible! I didn't think it would be possible to cram an interior into this thing. That Ramp mechanism is really clever and just makes the model so much better. 

This is absolutely perfect! I need to implement these into my Slave I. Is there any way we could get a breakdown/instructions for this beauty?

Also, I would suggest the mod that brickvault did to their slave 1.

Edited by bruhadlol

I love this! The door mod is really well done. If only it was possible to do this for the 20th Anniversary set...

That's a beautiful mod. Strangely,  I found it on YouTube before I found it at eurobricks.

I have a UCS Slave I sealed and safely stored under my bed. I want to open it, build it, apply your mods, and then directly put it into a showcase to avoid dust.

Do you have a parts list for the additional parts used? I don't have any other parts at home right now and want to get them in one Brick.Link order before opening the UCS Slave I set.

On 15 Jul 2021 at 2:16 AM, bruhadlol said:

This is absolutely perfect! I need to implement these into my Slave I. Is there any way we could get a breakdown/instructions for this beauty?

Thank you, I'm afraid I didn't keep track of the changes, it wasn't very practical because most of the adaptations didn't work the first time. I might at some point create some kind of instructions, when it's completely finished perhaps.

On 21 Jul 2021 at 10:04 PM, bruhadlol said:

Also, I would suggest the mod that brickvault did to their slave 1.

While I certainly agree that the stabiliser wing anchorages could use some work, I'm not very keen on losing the 1/4 circle slopes in order to create that cavity. But it is an interesting modification nonetheless. Thanks for sharing, I'll see what I can come up with for this area...

On 25 Jul 2021 at 7:40 AM, The_Empire_Strikes_Bricks said:

That's a beautiful mod. Strangely,  I found it on YouTube before I found it at eurobricks.

I have a UCS Slave I sealed and safely stored under my bed. I want to open it, build it, apply your mods, and then directly put it into a showcase to avoid dust.

Do you have a parts list for the additional parts used? I don't have any other parts at home right now and want to get them in one Brick.Link order before opening the UCS Slave I set.

That is strange indeed, I thought I had it on "private" on youtube so it could only be viewed via this page :pir_laugh2:.

What you're trying to do seems a bit cumbersome, a little dust is easily taken care of with a big soft paintbrush. I don't have a part list unfortunately. I would encourage building the original set first, that way you'll have a better understanding about what the possibilities are and who knows, you might come up with some other solutions.

@Sebeus I wowzers! What a mod!!! I have just finished my build of this awesome set and have already started on modding my cockpit in order to house 3 minifigs. Not sure I will bother with the crew section below. REALLY want to implement the mods you made in relation to the bed area and gateway leading through to it. I can see roughly what pieces I need but would love to see more in the way you implemented it. Any chance of more shots with cockpit removed so I can see how this was done? If you ever think of making a pdf guide available I would gladly pay!

11 hours ago, Brickdad said:

@Sebeus I wowzers! What a mod!!! I have just finished my build of this awesome set and have already started on modding my cockpit in order to house 3 minifigs. Not sure I will bother with the crew section below. REALLY want to implement the mods you made in relation to the bed area and gateway leading through to it. I can see roughly what pieces I need but would love to see more in the way you implemented it. Any chance of more shots with cockpit removed so I can see how this was done? If you ever think of making a pdf guide available I would gladly pay!

Thank you,

It's funny you should mention, I'm actually considering getting a Rebrickable account :pir_laugh2:. I want to finish some other modifications on the Slave I first though and then release it as a complete package.

21 hours ago, Sebeus I said:

Thank you,

It's funny you should mention, I'm actually considering getting a Rebrickable account :pir_laugh2:. I want to finish some other modifications on the Slave I first though and then release it as a complete package.

Whooop! Well, I will be first in the queue. I've already done the cowling mod and I think the cockpit mod along with my 3 seat console would make it complete.

On 9/20/2022 at 6:58 AM, Sebeus I said:

Thank you,

Hi Sebeus!! I found this mod back in September and absolutely obsessed over it. It's how I've always hoped to mod the interior of my ucs slave 1. Do you know when you'll be putting the guide on rebrickable? I can't wait!

On 9/20/2022 at 6:58 AM, Sebeus I said:

Thank you,

I would love to see whatever further mods and/or instructions you came up with. It was your moc that initially inspired me to modify my own UCS Slave 1.

Screenshot_20230119-225826_Photos~3.jpg

Would love even just a studio.io file or something for that interior. I'm trying to figure out how you got the bed area, ladder, etc. all connected behind the cockpit. 

On 1/26/2024 at 11:05 PM, OtherRGIII said:

Would love even just a studio.io file or something for that interior. I'm trying to figure out how you got the bed area, ladder, etc. all connected behind the cockpit. 

I'd be willing to share my Stud.io file. I reverse engineered that section of my build based on the photos posted on this thread.

On 1/27/2024 at 5:05 AM, OtherRGIII said:

10 hours ago, Irrationable said:

I'd be willing to share my Stud.io file. I reverse engineered that section of my build based on the photos posted on this thread.

The mods I did should be easy to do in studio but since they are really integrated in the original set, I should really need to have studio file of the complete original set first. If I had that I'd happily provide my mods :pir_laugh2:.