Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Brick

[MOC] [Instructions] Luke Skywalker's X-34 Landspeeder

Luke's Landspeeder may not be the most original MOC I've ever done, but as always, I was driven by the feeling that I could still contribute something new to the game. While I do like some of the existing MOCs, none of them fully met my personal, subjective taste, so I went about doing my own version. You can see the results here.

Instructions & Inventory are on Rebrickable:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-79226/thomin/lukes-x-34-landspeeder/#details

640x480.jpg 640x480.jpg 640x480.jpg 640x480.jpg 640x480.jpg 640x480.jpg

wow you nailed it

I will definitely replace mine by your model :)

I will be able to get rid of that ugly salmon-ish landspeeder

the only detail that is bugging me (and it's not about your MOC), it was also on the official landspeeders, it's the steering wheel

I have to rewatch the scenes but it seems odd to me to have steering on a SW ship

by the way, any where to put R2 and C3PO if Luke is sitting next to Obiwan ?

Edited by macaron35

11 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

wow you nailed it

Thank you.

the only detail that is bugging me (and it's not about your MOC), it was also on the official landspeeders, it's the steering wheel

I'm pretty sure Luke is using a regular steering wheel in the movie, though it might not be round...not sure TBH as they never show the interior in detail.

by the way, any where to put R2 and C3PO if Luke is sitting next to Obiwan ?

R2 will be difficult I guess...didn't they tie him to the speeder in the movie? I guess you could carefully place him behind Obi-Wan, but securing him would be a challenge.
As for C3-PO, what could be done would be to replace the 1x2 dark orange tile behind Luke with a 1x2 plate modified with a single stud. That stud could be used to place C3-PO there without him getting into conflict with the central turbine there (see pictures below)

640x568.png 640x536.png