I set out to make a mini crane. I then had the Idea to use 42082 as the reference and make a mini version. Making a smaller version of a Lego model can be hard to do because some aspects can't be, or hard to scale down. This was true here as using the wheels as the point for scale and some of the 42082 can't be scaled in half.

So I just rolled with it and had a good model, but I didn't like how I did the features. Mainly the outriggers were independent and I wanted them all to function as one. It took me longer then I will admit, but mission accomplished!

It has:

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

1280x960.JPG

800x600.JPG

A few more pictures are on Bricksafe.

Instructions: Rebickable instructions

Edited by weavil

7 hours ago, suffocation said:

I think you've done a great job :pir-love:

Thank you.

6 hours ago, ralphie said:

Nicely done. Do the Jeep tires fit?

They do, however they rub when turning. The Jeep tires are 56 and these are 49 and I only have two of the others.

Finally a 42082 I can afford :laugh:

Really nice MOC ! Lots of functions for the scale.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:05 AM, iLego said:

Finally a 42082 I can afford :laugh:

Really nice MOC ! Lots of functions for the scale.

10 hours ago, syphoon said:

Small red. :parrot: nice one!

10 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's 42082, but enshrinkened! Cool. :thumbup:

Thank you for your appreciation. Now I can work in the contest.

@weavil sorry to ignore your topic; I have probably overslept it. That is one highly functional little cutie :wub:

Very nice!

But you should definitely use the metal hook for such a crane: 70644.png

4 hours ago, J159753 said:

Glorious - and, yes, just plain cute!

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Celeri said:

Very nice!

But you should definitely use the metal hook for such a crane: 70644.png

Thank you.

I have one, but I was trying to make it so anybody could get parts for cheap. I think $16 is they cheapest here in the states for the hook.

10 hours ago, weavil said:

Thanks. 

Thank you.

I have one, but I was trying to make it so anybody could get parts for cheap. I think $16 is they cheapest here in the states for the hook.

In that case, I think that you should present it with the best option you have at hand, to let your MOC speak for itself the best way possible. Let the audience people choose what they want to implement from it, depending on their own preferences and resources.

Just my thought, of course, because I really like your model and wish the best for it!

12 hours ago, mitx2529 said:

it's so cool and playble for kids

nice moc!!:thumbup:

Thanks. I keep going "big", but wanted to do small MOC's this year. (Except the ambulance, I started it in December and the contest).

7 hours ago, Celeri said:

In that case, I think that you should present it with the best option you have at hand, to let your MOC speak for itself the best way possible. Let the audience people choose what they want to implement from it, depending on their own preferences and resources.

Just my thought, of course, because I really like your model and wish the best for it!

I was going to use the metal hook, but it seem a little big for the scale. I still thinking about as I'm doing the instructions.

Great, I am sure you will get many likes!

By the way, you probably already thought of that already, but you should definitely make a small video to show how it works :classic:

I only realized to make a video when I had like 80% torn apart cause I need the parts for the contest. I might make one when I get done with the contest.