After seeing some great MOCs and MODs from other AFOLs on the 31120, I decided to improve my own MOD. I raised the battlements by two bricks in the first version, but they were still not tall enough. After debating with myself whether to take apart my Imperial Watchtower which I spent many hours building and changing using the spare pieces from the two sets, I finally talked myself into taking it apart. I wanted to raise the ramparts to the same height on the second level of the four towers. I started on the section next to the five-storey great tower. I built a second set of clip and bar to secure the wall connections, with machicolations on battlements. I tried different arrangements of 1x3 and 1x4 arches, but only the 1x3 arches allow for the even spacing with no overhang onto the next section, I wanted to keep the castle in three sections for ease of move and storage. I lengthened the rampart on top of the market stall by two studs for the alignment of machicolations. A second set of clip and bar was also added for the wall connections. The hinge mechanism on both sides of the gatehouse was removed to sturdy the connections for the two stud long ramparts, the four stud long rampart on the side of the tree was reduced to two stud long so the machicolations don’t overhang. LEGO left a stud width of dark bluish grey bricks with the green rocks, so the hinged sections can open up; I removed the gap and moved the green pieces together. I added more branches, leaves and flowers to the tree. The windowed wall of the yellow keep was removed and replaced with an archway. After these changes, height of the ramparts look in proportion to the height of the four corner towers. 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr 31120 MOD Version Three by R Y, on Flickr