ddavid

10291 Queer Eye Apartment Set

That's quite unexpected news/leaks, but all signs point to a 10291 Queer Eye Apartment Set in August. Tan France's distinctive hair is featured in the 40516 Everyone is Awesome in blue, and It's really likely, that this set will be released during the LegoCon Convention.

What do you think? Is this a good product idea or is it just to offset the primarily straight white cis shows like Friends and Seinfeld with some episodes that are controversial by today's standards (Seinfeld in particular)?

Seems a niche idea, probably a fake rumour. Someone's taken the idea of Friends apartments and mixed it with the gay pride set to come up with this rumour.

The SW CMF rumour was fake too.

Find it rather strange you mention "cis", surely all the Queer Eye men are "cis" too?

Don't know much about the show, I doubt a reality show has anything distinctive like an apartment and much of an audience.

The rumor goes back to some Czech shops who have 10291 listed under this name. The question is how reliable these shops are. Where the piece count that circulates on IG comes from is not clear to me. So either this is made up or there is another source...

I suppose it could be a fun set but I don't really remember much of the apartment. Hopefully they have fun outfits on and Tan has a french tuck

1 hour ago, TheMainBricker said:

Seems a niche idea, probably a fake rumour. Someone's taken the idea of Friends apartments and mixed it with the gay pride set to come up with this rumour.

The SW CMF rumour was fake too.

Find it rather strange you mention "cis", surely all the Queer Eye men are "cis" too?

Don't know much about the show, I doubt a reality show has anything distinctive like an apartment and much of an audience.

JVN is non-binary 

this set sounds so fabulous, I can’t even. 

Since the ‘Fab Five Loft’ features in the show - it makes sense as an idea. Fans will riot if Tan’s minifig doesn’t have a French Tuck though 

I had an information about this set from the same person who told me about that Sakaarian Iron Man, which turned out to be true. So I don't have any doubts about that.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

I had an information about this set from the same person who told me about that Sakaarian Iron Man, which turned out to be true. So I don't have any doubts about that.

Well, in that case, it is completely unexpected! I mean, Fab Five Loft sounds really nice, with that French tuck hairpiece. 

But I don’t remember that apartment much when I watched it. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

19 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, in that case, it is completely unexpected! I mean, Fab Five Loft sounds really nice, with that French tuck hairpiece. 

But I don’t remember that apartment much when I watched it. 

They have a different loft ‘base’ each series, which I think will allow them to be perhaps more generic in how the set looks. 

I imagine it will be like a couch area, maybe a small kitchen for Antoni and a TV or something with some cameras like the Friends set? Maybe Bruley?

1 minute ago, drewdotexe said:

I imagine it will be like a couch area, maybe a small kitchen for Antoni and a TV or something with some cameras like the Friends set? Maybe Bruley?

I’d place money on Bruley. Maybe Tan will get a transforming wardrobe play feature, and Bobby some tins of grey paint. 

Such a good idea! 

I really hope that we see some new hairpieces - JVN could have Phoebe's hair in a browner colour, Tan should surely have the one from the Everyone is Awesome set that is so clearly his hair. I know this set is just a rumour at this point but that hairpiece existing really lends credence to it.

Edited by drewdotexe

1 hour ago, drewdotexe said:

Such a good idea! 

I really hope that we see some new hairpieces - JVN could have Phoebe's hair in a browner colour, Tan should surely have the one from the Everyone is Awesome set that is so clearly his hair. I know this set is just a rumour at this point but that hairpiece existing really lends credence to it.

Good shout. I’d been thinking of the Elizabeth Swan piece for JVN, but your suggestion is better. Even better if it comes with an alternate ‘man bun’. I’d say Bobby gets the spiky sleepyhead hair, and Antoni gets the pretty standard slicked back hair they used for Lockhart/Joey ... Karamo might get a nice hat. 

Yep, me too. Especially because they should have released it at the beginning of Pride Month, and not at the very end

On 6/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, drewdotexe said:

JVN could have Phoebe's hair in a browner colour, 

Phoebe's hair is for sale in brown on Bricks & Pieces, but currently in no known set. This could lend additional credence to this rumour.

God, I hope this isn't becoming a trend for Lego to venture into political adult content. As a gay AFOL, I'll stick to my Lego Harry Potter, thanks. 

6 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

God, I hope this isn't becoming a trend for Lego to venture into political adult content. As a gay AFOL, I'll stick to my Lego Harry Potter, thanks. 

Lol. There are literally stores who don’t stock HP lego because they disagree with its content. Not to mention JK’s forays into social commentary. Yet, sure, QE is the bad influence. 🙄

6 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

A makeover show is neither political nor adult. It's absolutely fine. 

I'll also be sticking to Harry Potter, but always like to see lego branch out into new licences, which greatly improves the range of flesh toned faces, new hair pieces and torsos for custom figs. I may pick up a few of these if the QE set is for real and they suit HP :classic:

17 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

It's not worth getting banned over.

Yeah no idea what this means or why it’s relevant to the set. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

… so this rumour went quiet. 

There is one speculation - 1 x 2 masonry brick in white is seen in B&P, which is in none of other sets. I would assume it may go to Queer Eye apartment set but it may go to Peach’s Castle from Super Mario. So far that I know.

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

There is one speculation - 1 x 2 masonry brick in white is seen in B&P, which is in none of other sets. I would assume it may go to Queer Eye apartment set but it may go to Peach’s Castle from Super Mario. So far that I know.

Hah, pretty speculative then!