Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - Mine Claim] Panning in Westface

Posted (edited)

In support of the agrarian roots of Southern Terraversa...

ChallengeC_Claim

small teams continue to pan the resource rich silt of the many tributaries to the Drake River...

ChallengeC_Claim_2

in search of new mineral wealth (@Ayrlego) to fund the newest country in the Brick Seas....

ChallengeC_Claim_3

Edited by CapOnBOBS

Whilst the panning didn't immediately reveal any promising results for our prospectors, one of them did notice an odd ore in a rocky outcrop near the river. On further investigation, it turned out to be an extensive seam of iron.

PS nice sluce! I may borrow that one in the future - it looks very realistic!

I agree with Ayrlego on the sluce - Very well done. Nice to see some panning - don't think we've had many prospecting builds in this line.

One thing I note is that you have the water level over some of your rocks, which makes it look a little odd to see them unsubmerged.

Nice use of colour on the shore, though. Incidentally, they seem to suggest iron well :pir-grin:

Nice little scene Cap. I like the Sluce technique, and I think it would look great rendered with real bricks. 

Minor critism, I think that tiles would have worked a bit better for the water, especially with the rendering going on. Just a thought. 

Hope you find a good mineral!

On 6/19/2021 at 3:53 AM, Mesabi said:

Nice little scene Cap. I like the Sluce technique, and I think it would look great rendered with real bricks.

Completely agree. There's a lot of life in this build.