Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! 

Maybe it's too early, but let it happen. 

What do you think of the Speed Champions series in 2022? 

Do you think it will disappear or continue, or will it be under a different name? 

Anyway, personally, I think they will stay with us for a long time (after all, they have made specially new wheels for 2021).

It seems to me that there is a good chance to see in 2022 in the SC series such cars:

- BMW M8 (maybe GTE) 

- Pagani Zonda or Huayra

- Ferrari 

- some F1 car

- due to Toyota license can Toyota gr010 (hypercar) ue to toyota license can Toyota gr010 (hypercar) 

- maybe some cars from the DTM or VASC series 

 

Post comments about what you think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully more EU / Japan centric and much less US ‘same old same old’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

Hopefully more EU / Japan centric and much less US ‘same old same old’.

It almost certainly will be. The Speed Champions team deliberately diversifies the lineup from year to year, and this year's was US-centric mainly because 2020 had no American cars at all. They keep a good balance when you consider the big picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

Hello everyone! 

Maybe it's too early, but let it happen. 

What do you think of the Speed Champions series in 2022? 

Do you think it will disappear or continue, or will it be under a different name? 

Anyway, personally, I think they will stay with us for a long time (after all, they have made specially new wheels for 2021).

It seems to me that there is a good chance to see in 2022 in the SC series such cars:

- BMW M8 (maybe GTE) 

- Pagani Zonda or Huayra

- Ferrari 

- some F1 car

- due to Toyota license can Toyota gr010 (hypercar) ue to toyota license can Toyota gr010 (hypercar) 

- maybe some cars from the DTM or VASC series 

 

Post comments about what you think. 

It definitely will not be discontinued, it is one of the most popular Lego themes.

I think we can expect a Ferrari, as Ferraris are one of the most commonly occurring Speed Champions.

I don't think lego will make any Paganis, they are too intricate and complicated.

I would like to see an Audi or Mercedes, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah a bit early for sure, I have yet to pick up any of this years sets yet, lol, so I can't really comment on them.

As far as next year, I feel certain the theme will continue, I can't imagine they would have even bothered switching to 8-wide, it they were going to end the theme after only two waves.

They also seem to shy away from the asian car market for some reason, so I would expect the usual European cars with maybe one American car but who can know at this stage. It would all be speculation and wish-listing.

I do wish the would add a set or two to each years line-up and split it into two smaller waves each year. It just seems like every year I get all the sets in less than a month and end up wanting more, lol.

Edited by Johnny1360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hope for some Volkswagen car, LEGO has done many Beetles and Surfer Bus, but I'd love to see a classic VW Golf GTI (like the AUDI rally car) or maybe one of those new Electric cars (ID3/ID4/ID5 etc)

Formula 1 car would be nice as well (I'd prefer Ferrari or Red Bull)  but not a 2 pack like the Jaguar.

If LEGO would make Speed Champion trucks, something DAKAR rally might work.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

*snip*

They also seem to shy away from the asian car market for some reason, so I would expect the usual European cars with maybe one American car but who can know at this stage. It would all be speculation and wish-listing.

 

I noticed that, Lego hasn't really gotten into the JDM Industry until recently, and even then, there has only been one JDM car per wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, noahtheb said:

I hope the next speed champions wave includes the new 400Z

Make it a 2-pack with a 240Z and I'm sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Carbohydrates said:

Make it a 2-pack with a 240Z and I'm sold.

That's such a classic, it will sell so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was in charge, the 2022 wave would go something like this. Ahem....

 

76906 Aston Martin Valkyrie

aston-martin-valkyrie-testing-on-public-

76907 1967 Ferrari 330 P4

Ferrari_330_P4_1967.jpg

76908 Porsche 911 GT3

Porsche%20911%20GT3%20.jpg

76909 Mercedes AMG ONE & Mercedes AMG Petronas W12 F1

MercedesAMG%20Project%20One%2031%20March

f1w12_launchcar_210225_44_P7.1.jpg

76910 Toyota GR010 HyperCar & 1999 Toyota TS020 GT-ONE

toyota-unveils-the-g-50_800x0w.jpg

Toyota-GT-One-47537.jpg

and finally, 76911 BMW M4 GT3 & 1979 BMW M1 Procar

bmw-m4-gt3-1.jpg

1000232.jpg

 

Please let me know what you think of my little wish-list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, RacerRabbit said:

If I was in charge, the 2022 wave would go something like this. Ahem....

 

76906 Aston Martin Valkyrie

aston-martin-valkyrie-testing-on-public-

76907 1967 Ferrari 330 P4

Ferrari_330_P4_1967.jpg

76908 Porsche 911 GT3

Porsche%20911%20GT3%20.jpg

76909 Mercedes AMG ONE & Mercedes AMG Petronas W12 F1

MercedesAMG%20Project%20One%2031%20March

f1w12_launchcar_210225_44_P7.1.jpg

76910 Toyota GR010 HyperCar & 1999 Toyota TS020 GT-ONE

toyota-unveils-the-g-50_800x0w.jpg

Toyota-GT-One-47537.jpg

and finally, 76911 BMW M4 GT3 & 1979 BMW M1 Procar

bmw-m4-gt3-1.jpg

1000232.jpg

 

Please let me know what you think of my little wish-list.

You're brilliant. This is amazing. 

Okay, we all write to lego to do it. We will win the petition. 

OK, now until 2022 I probably will not be able to sleep. But thanks. 

Edited by Bartlomiej
Spelling error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t disagree with that selection!

If I were to nit-pick, I’d ditch Mercedes as the F1 twin-pack go for Aston Martin instead. 8 stud DB5 or DBS Superleggera anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squary Cars work better, as the Audi A1. Lancia S37, Renault 5 Turbo or Mini Metro would fit well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If I had a leading role in choosing what would become sets for 2022 and beyond...

 

McLaren Sabre

0rqdzt68az961.jpg

Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut

Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut 2020

Ferrari F50

More Than $270,000 Were Spent On This Ferrari F50 To Bring It To Tip-Top  Shape | Carscoops

McLaren Artura

New McLaren Artura revealed – all-new hybrid supercar to rival Ferrari F8  Tributo | evo

Senna GTR LM "Harrods"

2020 Salon Privé - Blenheim Palace - Our Man Behind The Wheel765LT

765LT

Driven: The 2021 McLaren 765LT Will Warp Your Perception of Speed

Mercedes AMG ONE

mercedes-amg-project-one.png

Dodge Demon SuperStock 

iqaaxx760le61.jpg

Dodge Viper Extreme Aero 

Video: Dodge Viper ACR Crashes After Its Fastest Nurburgring Lap!

Nissan 400Z

2022 Nissan 400Z Images Leaked, Appear to Show Production Car

Edited by conmackenzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 10:16 PM, conmackenzie said:

If I had a leading role in choosing what would become sets for 2022 and beyond...

 

McLaren Sabre

0rqdzt68az961.jpg

Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut

Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut 2020

Ferrari F50

More Than $270,000 Were Spent On This Ferrari F50 To Bring It To Tip-Top  Shape | Carscoops

McLaren Artura

New McLaren Artura revealed – all-new hybrid supercar to rival Ferrari F8  Tributo | evo

Senna GTR LM "Harrods"

2020 Salon Privé - Blenheim Palace - Our Man Behind The Wheel765LT

765LT

Driven: The 2021 McLaren 765LT Will Warp Your Perception of Speed

Mercedes AMG ONE

mercedes-amg-project-one.png

Dodge Demon SuperStock 

iqaaxx760le61.jpg

Dodge Viper Extreme Aero 

Video: Dodge Viper ACR Crashes After Its Fastest Nurburgring Lap!

Nissan 400Z

2022 Nissan 400Z Images Leaked, Appear to Show Production Car

This is my favorite wishlist, all the cars in here are great choices. The only problem is Lego will not make the Jesko Absolut because of this years 76900 Koenigsegg Jesko. I'm sure there are some mods to that set to remove the huge rear wing and replace it with the shark fins on the Absolut. Maybe the Nissan 400Z could be a two-pack with the 240Z?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd also swap out the Dodge Demon. We just had Challengers in 2019 and 2021, so some variety from that may be nice. We've kind of run through the modern muscle options, but there's an enormous pool of classic stuff to explore! I'd imagine 2022 is going to be fairly non-US-centric though, and we sure don't need another Dodge set so soon anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoops! I don’t know how I didn’t see this thread before but, I hope speed Champions continues forever and think it’s here to stay!

In terms of Wishlist/speculation hers my list:

AMG Project (Everyone who mentioned it, I think it’s a great idea)

New Porsche 911 GT3/(GT3 RS when it comes out) but maybe it’s too new

Maserati MC20 - would be awesome

Bentley continental GT3 - definitely cool

Bugatti Chiron Supersport - more Bugatti please LEGO 

Lamborghini Miura & Sian - can’t go wrong with more Lamborghinis

Honestly anything Aston Martin (DBS, vantage Gt3)

If I have anymore I will post them :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With it being fathers day yesterday I have managed to collect all the 2021 Speed Champions sets.

 

Was surprised on how some models looked better in person than in pictures. I also colour swapped the Dodge Challenger from purple to black and in my opinion it looks far better.

 

I believe next years 2022 might be more Euro/Japan focused as this years line up was very American focused. Don't get me wrong I love american muscle and sports cars especially any Challenger model.

 

With the run being 9 models between 6 sets here is what I would have

 

Nissan Skyline R34 GTR or the R32 - single set, popular cars these two the original Godzilla or the popular R34 from films and games 

Ferrari F50 - single set, super car from the 1990's

Lamborghini Diablo & Miura - double pack, two of the most iconic Lambo models this would be a great set I would have this as the most expensive set so its done correctly

2021 Shelby Mustang GT500 - single set, a Challenger has gone 8 wide so it be nice to see another 6 stud car going 8

1992 Honda NSX & New Civic Type R - double pack, two of the most popular Honda's and a nice comparison between 'old' Honda and 'new' as they have similar horsepower 

Jaguar E type & Jaguar F type - double pack, a bit out there but seeing as Lego has the jaguar licence how is the E type not a set yet?

 

That's my choice anyway!! what do you all think??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d go with that selection but an iconic Lamborghini twin pack would HAVE to include a Countach!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, LegoMFP_David said:

Jaguar E type & Jaguar F type - double pack, a bit out there but seeing as Lego has the jaguar licence how is the E type not a set yet?

 

YES I like this!!! (Although the front of the ftype could be seen as too similar to the ipace from 2020 if it was a set :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, User5346 said:

YES I like this!!! (Although the front of the ftype could be seen as too similar to the ipace from 2020 if it was a set :shrug_confused:

True or they could do another famous Jag, could do a 1960s double pack and have an E-Type and Jag MK2 Saloon, or have another modern'ish classic like the XJ220

 

On 6/21/2021 at 9:32 PM, Big Adam said:

I’d go with that selection but an iconic Lamborghini twin pack would HAVE to include a Countach!!

That would have been my other choice, that car has the potential to look amazing in 8 stud format

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.