Recommended Posts

New rumours list looks excellent. Only a matter of time before we got an Aston Martin set, and the Countach could look really good in 8-wide (there's some great MOCs out there using the F8 windscreen already).

Only disappointment is there's nothing a bit different... I know we have the Evija as an electric supercar, but in years past we've had rally cars, dragsters, F1 cars, at least one slightly out there model. Here's hoping the last unknown model is along those lines - still holding out for an Indycar set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

... if they do it right.

and if it will be old version, not the ultra limited modern one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooo okay this is exciting!!

Well I don’t really have any knowledge on that Ferrari, but I’ll likely buy it anyways.

as for the Lotus, I had I feeling this was likely. The colour scheme sounds awesome though, dark green and yellow!!

The countach is great (it says it will be the old one), but this set could of been a double pack!!

And I an most hyped for the Aston set yesss finally!!! Says that they will be lime green and light grey, so finally light grey wheel fenders will return!

And lastly, the mystery set HAS to be Mercedes’ or Porsche!? It will be a double pack too I’m guessing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, User5346 said:

And lastly, the mystery set HAS to be Mercedes’ or Porsche!? It will be a double pack too I’m guessing!

Almost guaranteed, if the mystery set exists, that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

When are these new sets expected to be released to the public? 

I think that first blurred photos we'll see around half November or first days December. 

Probably they will be released in stores in March. 

Edited by Bartlomiej

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

When are these new sets expected to be released to the public? 

 

2 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

I think that first blurred photos we'll see around half November or first days December. 

Probably they will be released in stores in March. 

Promobricks says March with another set to be released within the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon doing some research, I have found some MOCs and knockoff versions of some of the cars, which may help give us a better idea on what to expect!

Countach

Lotus (I know this is a larger scale, but I find the rear interesting)

Valkyrie (This is the exact model the LEGO set will be - AMR Pro, same colours too)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, User5346 said:

And lastly, the mystery set HAS to be Mercedes’ or Porsche!? It will be a double pack too I’m guessing!

Unless it's Merc's F1 car, I sort of hope not. We have plenty of run-of-the-mill supercars in this wave. That said, The F1 car alongside the AMG One would go quite nicely with the Aston set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

Only disappointment is there's nothing a bit different... I know we have the Evija as an electric supercar, but in years past we've had rally cars, dragsters, F1 cars, at least one slightly out there model. Here's hoping the last unknown model is along those lines - still holding out for an Indycar set.

In fairness, the Ferrari is 50 years old, so fairly ‘different’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

In fairness, the Ferrari is 50 years old, so fairly ‘different’.

That depends which 512M it is, as I've just discovered they had a Le Mans car of the same name as the 90s supercar that succeeded the Testarossa :laugh: I assume it would be the 90s one anyway, but if it's the Le Mans car, I will be a very happy bunny.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're getting a Countach??? YES.

Damn. I only have one Speed champions set. Now I'll be forced to buy another. And them I'm afraid I won't be able to stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you also think, that 512M is similar to 917 k? 

In my opinion (of course 512M is fantastic) this is some laziness in the work of designers. 

Anyway I'll buy all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I've just discovered they had a Le Mans car of the same name as the 90s supercar that succeeded the Testarossa :laugh:

I would love a Testarossa, just not the 512M version. I need those popup headlights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, danth said:

I would love a Testarossa, just not the 512M version. I need those popup headlights!

+1! The original Testarossa is one of my favourite cars of that era.

1 hour ago, Bartlomiej said:

Do you also think, that 512M is similar to 917 k? 

In my opinion (of course 512M is fantastic) this is some laziness in the work of designers. 

Anyway I'll buy all. 

It is from the same era as the 917K (in fact I think they may have made their competitive debuts in the same year), but in LEGO terms I imagine there'll be quite a few differences. Quite apart from the move to 8-wide, the 917K was in SC's first or second year, and IMO hasn't aged as well as some of the other 6-wide sets, so between that and the design subtleties between the two I think there'll be plenty to differentiate them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully after the Countach we'll get some more 80's classics and I can finally recreate this poster:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by danth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is sacrilegious but the AliExpress Countach is Phenomenal.  Some weak building construction spots but phenomenal nonetheless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

That depends which 512M it is, as I've just discovered they had a Le Mans car of the same name as the 90s supercar that succeeded the Testarossa

Promo bricks says it’ll be the prototype race car one which is slightly disappointing for me as I don’t really have any knowledge on Le Mans cars. But I guess they chose it because it’s different, although I would’ve thought a Ferrari F1 car would be more popular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promobricks has the Le Mans car pictured on the article so it looks like we are crossing off the F512 M.

I am happy about that thought because I love the shape of the Le Mans car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really rooting for an Aston Martin Victor in the Aston Martin set, I really love the way that car looks and it seems relatively easy to recreate in Lego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats some great news! Can't wait for 2022! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the unknown set I hope it will be a Porsche 911 gt3. That car will look great in a lego version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume the new sets will be using the new style wheel/rims which is slightly disappointing as I’m not a fan of them. However we may see some new rim designs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.