I am extremely excited about the 2022 wave. Looks like the best one yet. The Ferrari and Lambo will be day 1 purchases for sure, and I will at least re-create the others in Stud.io to learn how they're put together. The prototype presentation/interview video RacingBricks did was wonderful, too. Love seeing the design decisions behind certain choices, like eliminating stickered headlights for 2022 (the Countach may be a slight exception, but it seems you can leave the indicator stickers off and have very little impact on the look of the finished model). I also love knowing that Chris Stamp created the older 917K in 2016 (one of the worst SC cars ever, in my opinion) as well as this new Ferrari, which looks incredible, which really shows how far they've come.

Edited by Carbohydrates

On 2/1/2022 at 3:00 AM, sk_bricks said:

I wonder what the piece they are using for the steering wheel in the F1 car.

Games controller (unprinted, apparently). It's perfect for these modern 'yoke' style race-car steering wheels (I've been using it this way in my mocs since it became available, fwiw ;)

22 hours ago, fo4saken said:

(youtube JB Spielwaren speed builds)

Thanks for posting these... Watching these has definitely increased my interest and appreciation for the new models. The techniques at work are really impressive; all those short bars and open-stud plate connections to shift SNOT directions in the Ferrari for example - that's ace stuff.

I created form, which you can write your opinion about SC, write what SC do you like the most and write what SC would you like to see. 

Please answer in these questions and really please send this form your friends, groups, family and other persons who like Speed Champions. 

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DQSIkWdsW0yxEjajBLZtrQAAAAAAAAAAAAO__RxNkz9UNko5T0JLMDJUN1FWQlhCOTFHMUhPVEZaRS4u

Edited by Bartlomiej

I quite like the new coming series, but I am very disappointed with the Countach model.

Whilst the rear end looks quite realistic and uses interesting Lego techniques, the front is a mix of a Lotus Esprit, Nissan 300 ZX or Ventury, but does not look anything like a Countach.

No excuses since there are plenty of MOCs outh htere,  which way much more accurate (like the my one or Barnieus one - both ).

Lego should have found cuh more inspiration from these existing designs, rather than going for such a let-down creation, imo. Sad!

a Lamborghini Countach v3 - Pic1 JPEG

Lamborghini Countach LEGO MOC

Edited by AbFab1974

I wonder how they decided on white for the Countach...

Is white the most popular or well known color for that car? (in the way that red is for Ferrari)

Edited by jonwil

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

I wonder how they decided on white for the Countach...

Is white the most popular or well known color for that car? (in the way that red is for Ferrari)

Red would be the most popular color I would certainly think.  Maybe Lego stayed away from red as the AliExpress car was red.  Another probable reason is that the Lego group wants their cars in the Speed Champion series to have an array of colors. 

Would have been sweeeeeet if the white Countach had gold rims with drilled holes.  Might have to get the grill out 😜

Edited by MTBingNinja

Wouldn't surprise me if they avoided red because so many other Speed Champions cars (including the Ferrari from this year) are red.

11 hours ago, AbFab1974 said:

I quite like the new coming series, but I am very disappointed with the Countach model.

Whilst the rear end looks quite realistic and uses interesting Lego techniques, the front is a mix of a Lotus Esprit, Nissan 300 ZX or Ventury, but does not look anything like a Countach.

No excuses since there are plenty of MOCs outh htere,  which way much more accurate (like the my one or Barnieus one - both ).

Lego should have found cuh more inspiration from these existing designs, rather than going for such a let-down creation, imo. Sad!

I mentioned this before, Countach feels like modern car.

Not bad lego set, but bad reendition of real life car.

12 hours ago, AbFab1974 said:

It's hard not to agree with you. However I bet there will be lots of modification of official SC model which I'll be looking forward to for sure.

1 minute ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I assume we still don't know what the third (likely) licensed car will be for August?

Hope its a Ford again, kinda like that license!

Just now, FF4266 said:

Hope its a Ford again, kinda like that license!

Given that it's likely from a movie (as the other two August cars are), who knows if it'll be a Ford or not. I can't think of any particular famous Ford cars from pop culture movies off the top of my head, but someone could correct me. 

Just now, NoOneOfImportance said:

Given that it's likely from a movie (as the other two August cars are), who knows if it'll be a Ford or not. I can't think of any particular famous Ford cars from pop culture movies off the top of my head, but someone could correct me. 

Gone in 60 seconds, Eleanor perhaps? But I won’t get my hopes up.. seeing the 2022 wave it will probably be dissapointing for me..

Just now, FF4266 said:

Gone in 60 seconds, Eleanor perhaps? But I won’t get my hopes up.. seeing the 2022 wave it will probably be dissapointing for me..

Personally, I'd love to see Kitt (Knight Rider) or the DeLorean (BTTF), but we shall see. 

I'm glad to see that LEGO is using this opportunity to recreate some classic movie cars in the nicer speed champions style (I know that's a controversial opinion to a degree), but I do hope they stay with more realistic cars for it rather than something like the Ecto-1. That way it applies to more than just fans of those movies. 

Just now, NoOneOfImportance said:

Personally, I'd love to see Kitt (Knight Rider) or the DeLorean (BTTF), but we shall see. 

I'm glad to see that LEGO is using this opportunity to recreate some classic movie cars in the nicer speed champions style (I know that's a controversial opinion to a degree), but I do hope they stay with more realistic cars for it rather than something like the Ecto-1. That way it applies to more than just fans of those movies. 

I can agree on everything you stated above!

9 hours ago, jpx said:

I want build a black Countach, to recreate the iconic start sequence of Cannonball run !

jpx -  The MOC option is the way ;-))

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-100801/AbFab74/lamborghini-countach-black-version-speed-champions-8-studs-wide/#details

d%20Lamborghini%20Countach%20-%208%20Stu

b%20Lamborghini%20Countach%20-%208%20Stu

Edited by AbFab1974

Many thanks Jpx

I print my own stickers on water decal paper compatible with my inkjet printer.

This works very nicely but is a bit time-consuming (particularly the cutting part). 

So, that’s why I am now partnering with a Dutch printing company - BrickStickerShop, which produces bespoke stickers for LEGO MOcs.

Their products are as good as official LEGO stickers, if not better (particularly on the colour-matching front)

If you are interested, here is the link to their site for the sticker sheets they have produced for my MOCs so far. 

https://www.brickstickershop.com/AbFab74

Cheers!

1 hour ago, nikeee516 said:

When do you guys think the reviews will start coming out?

There is a little review:

On 2/2/2022 at 10:01 PM, fo4saken said: