I love this serie, really how 8 studs wide car can be really interesting work of art. I love it even better, when they speed championized Batmobiles like Tumbler.

I love models that can work very well without stickers, call me mad man but I love just pure work of bricks. Speed champions work great with boxy designs of older cars, so 512 m is best from them, I can get rid of any stickers and its still same car. Countach is good too, but this car feels modernized not 1980s era Countach.I love my Countach sharp as knife edge!

Im very interested in Mercedes pack, albeit Im not buying this it

Now the bad things, Elvija is generic lego supercar, I do not recognize Evija at all. Get rid of stickers and generic supercar is made. That stickers on back, are really bad even on promo photos.

But worst of all is that Aston Martin duo pack, I do not recognize any of these cars as real life cars. These two cars are just weird lego reenditions...

Best thing are printed headlights, Im getting rid of stickers for good. Thank you!Supra will be better with this pieces(Well supra needs complete overhaul of headlights, I just bought it because it was cheap set that fill my diorama).

So summer sets, will be probably piece of cake according to leaked cars. I just hope that third set is Delorean that go well with Creator expert one.

Does anyone have any idea how they got the middle section side skirts of the Aston Valkyrie so low? I looked through the other 2022 sets and none are using brackets for side skirts like the 2021 wave :shrug_confused:

13 hours ago, Ondra said:

Now the bad things, Elvija is generic lego supercar, I do not recognize Evija at all. Get rid of stickers and generic supercar is made. 

The thing is, Evija IS generic supercar in real life, so if you would get rid of badges, logos, it would still stay generic supercar and frankly I wouldn't recognize it as well.

Are the tyres on the Mercedes F1 car totally new molds or are they just existing tires with some printing?

33 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Are the tyres on the Mercedes F1 car totally new molds or are they just existing tires with some printing?

I imagine it'll be wheel covers similar to the ones that came with the NASCAR Chevy, that just fit over regular tyres.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:39 AM, zagdima said:

also is this a new part? Can't find any close to it.

hYhFTQr.png

I don't think it's a new part. It appears the rear quarter area is built inverted based on the groove line on the bottom red tile.

37 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

I don't think it's a new part. It appears the rear quarter area is built inverted based on the groove line on the bottom red tile.

Yeah. That's definitely an bow piece built inverted for the back of the car. 

3 hours ago, zagdima said:

Well this video really did justice to me for Aston Martin set. Really that Valkyrie, wow...

Sadly Im not great with stickers under Countach for blinkers.

This 2022 wave rocks.

After the mixed bag that was 2021, this wave makes me as excited as I was for the initial 2020 8-wide series.

Seems like that new slope piece they use for the headlight piece is very useful, they used it on at least four of the new cars, lol. That is a new element, right?

i don't get, will be summer release also? and i hope they will make delorean in expert, cause i have 1:8 build one from subscription not lego obviously.

1 hour ago, Pato Sentado said:

I love all or t'hem!!! Cant Wait!!!

i will probaby buy all of them... maybe 2 of some models if they will be cheap on discounts, last year i didnt buy pack with dragster only...  and have 3 mclaren elva)))

16 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I imagine it'll be wheel covers similar to the ones that came with the NASCAR Chevy, that just fit over regular tyres.

What I mean is are the actual tyres (the rubber bit) new or is it the same tyre piece as basically every other 8-wide Speed Champions set is using?

Looks like the funky fin on the Mercedes is an airplane tail.

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

What I mean is are the actual tyres (the rubber bit) new or is it the same tyre piece as basically every other 8-wide Speed Champions set is using?

Ah, apologies. I did take a quick look at what SC sets I have built and funnily enough the NASCAR also has the same actual tyres, so it seems they're not new pieces.

I love them all, but screw TLG for the stupid price increase here in AUS. I think Speed Champions cars are already really overpriced, but this new wave is ridiculous. The old wave was $29.99AUD for the single packs, $59.99AUD for the Corvette double and $89.99AUD for the Ford and Dodge double packs. This new wave is even worse. The Singles are $32.99AUD and the double packs are $69.99AUD. Like what. 

Man the F1 car looks great. Sadly it comes in a double pack and I have zero interest in the Project one.

But does anyone else feel like the canopy for the Ferrari is the wrong choice? I mean, they introduced a brand new canopy for the Aston Martin. Why didn't they use that canopy for the Ferrari too? For me it looks like it would be a perfect fit. The one they used now is just way to narrow.

2 hours ago, swissvoice said:

Man the F1 car looks great. Sadly it comes in a double pack and I have zero interest in the Project one.

But does anyone else feel like the canopy for the Ferrari is the wrong choice? I mean, they introduced a brand new canopy for the Aston Martin. Why didn't they use that canopy for the Ferrari too? For me it looks like it would be a perfect fit. The one they used now is just way to narrow.

The Ferrari canopy might be narrow, but I think it gives the right look to the car. Watch the movie Le Mans, and you'll see the 512M really does have such a rounded canopy. Maybe not to the extent of the piece chosen, but more than the Valkyrie canopy.

I think the 512 canopy is the perfect choice in all honesty - the angles of most other windscreens sort of imply A-pillars, which of course aren't a feature of these bubble windscreens.