6 hours ago, Big Adam said:

See RacingBrick’s YT review. He covers the roof issue and provides a simple fix.

Thank you 

Really impressed with the Aston Martin 007 DB5!  Love the: Thin chrome bumpers, new rims, rear windshield, interior, the curves, hood, printed front grill, rear seat setup, printed headlights, printed turn signal lights. front and rear bumperettes, printed taillights, the hood scoop looks fantastic and love the way the pieces interlock, new rims with the knockoffs are great, the hood is tilted just enough and the curves are sexy. Subtle dislikes: the color of the stickers are a bit off, the color of the rear windshield is a bit off, the muffler and bumperettes are a bit flimsy, steering wheel is still off-centered, wish all the stickers were printed on but understand this is a cost-saving tactic, possibly they could have added two 2x4 tiles instead of the 4x4 6179 as to remove the studs. It's really great that they developed a new rear windshield piece instead of slapping on a 35260 3823 for the rear windshield like they often do on the builds.  The DB5 will look gorgeous in my MOC Speed Champion Garage.    For a custom piece, would be kool to thin out some black paint and let it settle into the rims to highlight the spokes for more of a see through effect.  

6 minutes ago, dignow said:

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the F&F sets in general.

Not a fan of the movies and have no interest in the sets.

Can think of 20 different movie/TV cars I would rather have than anything from F&F...

13 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Not a fan of the movies and have no interest in the sets.

Can think of 20 different movie/TV cars I would rather have than anything from F&F...

Agreed - especially in minifig scale to fit in a city!

23 minutes ago, MTBingNinja said:

American Graffiti ‘32 Ford & ‘55 Chevy 

Now that's a winning pair I'd like to see in Speed Champions.

Considering how controversial a certain flag is these days, I can't see an orange car known for having that flag on its roof being a particularly good "brand fit" for LEGO at this point.

Nor would a show who's main characters are 2 guys who spend their time making bootleg booze and running away from the law be a particularly good "brand fit" IMO.

9 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Now that's a winning pair I'd like to see in Speed Champions.

...and it would give us another Harrison Ford figure. So there's that.

Personally, my list is:

- BTTF 3 DeLorean (train track compatible PLEASE!)

- The two American Graffiti cars

- "Goldfinger" Rolls Royce Phantom MK III (needs two figures though: Oddjob and Auric Goldfinger are both must-haves)

- James Bond's Lotus Esprit (with extra parts to make into a sub) from "The Spy who loved Me"

- "Wacky Races" cars from the old 1960's cartoon series (this could be a sub-series, as there are about 8 racers usually)

Edited by Murdoch17

I would have to agree with MTBingNinja in regards to the 1932 Ford and 1955 Chevy from American Graffiti. That would be a great idea.

I would have to agree with Murdoch17 in regards to the Wacky Races vehicles idea. That would also be a great idea, too.

Best regards,

Xeldritsie

OK, just built the Dodge Charger and DB5.  I like them both, especially the amount of silver parts used in DB5.